The Durant Sweepstakes

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here is my stance in general when it comes to this. Some teams don't show loyalty to coaches sometimes. Teams won't hesitate to trade a player if they want. In a perfect sports world, I would love if everyone honored their contracts and I respect guys that do. However, it's pro sports. Even college has gone that way.
I have no problem with them doing it, but just don’t whine when the fans call you out for it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. As I stated. I am not familiar with him at all. Just curious if he is another alleged insider or pro. Someone answered above.
Ah, sorry, I forgot you took a break from this board for awhile. And yeah, he's about as legit as they come.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes. He leaves out the emotional attachment by fans to teams and players that make it different.
He also leaves out the public figures aspect. It’s why they get endorsement deals. There’s good and bad that comes with it. A programmer at Apple doesn’t get booed because no one knows who he/she is - but they don’t get endorsement deals either for the same reason. Draymond is an idiot.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, sorry, I forgot you took a break from this board for awhile.
More like I am oblivious to names in the media these days. I am getting worse as I get older. I focus on the content and not so much all the different sports guys. I don't know why but I have shifted from watching all the national guys to local guys and social media as I have gotten older as well. That's why I have you guys! :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns are not offering four first round picks, it may involve the pieces they have already included in the proposed trade.

If the Suns are including a player(s) like Mikal Bridges and/or Cam Johnson, I can see them drawing a line somewhere in the sand.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns are not offering four first round picks, it may involve the pieces they have already included in the proposed trade.

If the Suns are including a player(s) like Mikal Bridges and/or Cam Johnson, I can see them drawing a line somewhere in the sand.
I think the Nets took the RG deal as the starting point and took it further which it's probably why it's being reported there really isn't a bidding war for Durant. If the Suns are showing restraint that's a good thing. I started out with give them anything they want for KD but I have come down from that. I don't want the team to gut the current roster or future for KD. He is great. A Superstar. However, he is also not a spring chicken and only played in 39.8% of his games in 3 years. There is a line as you say.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More like I am oblivious to names in the media these days. I am getting worse as I get older. I focus on the content and not so much all the different sports guys. I don't know why but I have shifted from watching all the national guys to local guys and social media as I have gotten older as well. That's why I have you guys! :)

The local guys used to have connections to the inner workings of the Suns. Somewhere along the line it changed.

Now the national media guys like Chris Haynes, Shams Charania and Adrian Wojnarowski are more likely to break a major story involving the Suns and NBA.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The local guys used to have connections to the inner workings of the Suns. Somewhere along the line it changed.

Now the national media guys like Chris Haynes, Shams Charania and Adrian Wojnarowski are more likely to break a major story involving the Suns and NBA.
Depends on the sport. I have found certain guys still have contacts with certain teams. To me things started to shift when all of the higher rated guys started consolidating to one station and some of the smaller sports stations languished.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the sport. I have found certain guys still have contacts with certain teams. To me things started to shift when all of the higher rated guys started consolidating to one station and some of the smaller sports stations languished.

Also the same with newspapers. I remember getting lots of good information from Paul Coro of the Arrizona Republic. A lot of those connections vanished with personnel moves.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would say KD needs to be more vocal but he might tell me to shut the eff up and sit down.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
3 role players and picks might be the best they could get w/o a third team involved, though I’m not a fan of giving away both Cam and Bridges (in a vacuum, any trade that would keep Ayton would be a boon for the Suns).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 role players and picks might be the best they could get w/o a third team involved, though I’m not a fan of giving away both Cam and Bridges (in a vacuum, any trade that would keep Ayton would be a boon for the Suns).
I am really amazed people still believe there is any chance of Ayton staying.

There is none. Read between the lines.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I am really amazed people still believe there is any chance of Ayton staying.

There is none. Read between the lines.
Oh trust me, the relationship is toast. I was told that even a 5-year max might not be enough for Ayton

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh trust me, the relationship is toast. I was told that even a 5-year max might not be enough for Ayton

Where do you think the situation soured?

Was it all about the money or were their relationship problems with the coach, GM and players.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Where do you think the situation soured?

Was it all about the money or were their relationship problems with the coach, GM and players.
That's a tough question to answer Mainstreet. Ayton is so immature and he thinks he playing to his potential all the time and he also seems to be highly $$ motivated & not so much motivated for the love & passion for the game. The Suns probably could have involved him more in the offense which he would have liked but he needed to become more aggressive & bring it consistently which he didn't always do.

CP3 , Booker, and the Monty probably didn't treat him with the best of respect given his easy going nature but you also have to earn that respect and come to play night in and night out.

Maybe the Suns have gotten to the point where they think this young fella isn't going to reach that huge ceiling that was thought to exist because his desire & work ethic maybe isn't there but he still wants to be massively paid as though he did. Maybe they have sat his ass down and tried to reach him to no avail and Monty who hasn't done a stellar job in the playoffs himself is tired & frustrated with Ayton. But again he's only 23. But that can't be a continuous excuse.

Maybe Ayton so butt hurt of not getting a Max deal and recently seeing Booker get a Super Max and others in the 2018 draft behind him get Max deals. I know his agent wouldn't do it but I could see Ayton wanting to take the qualifying offer and all it's risk just to leave if the bridge between him & the Suns organization is unrepairable.

Maybe 26 year old Mytles Turner who is said to want to take on a larger role is more motivated than Ayton and be better served here if it comes to that. I still like Ayton but if it doesn't work we can't go forward without everyone on board & focused.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Suns get: Kevin Durant

Nets get: Mikal Bridges, Cameron Johnson, Dario Saric, 4 first round picks, 3 first round swaps.

If Jones can pull this off for lthe above or less, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Suns starting lineup:

CP
Booker
Durant
'fill in the blank'
Ayton

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The Suns don’t leak anything which should be commended. It doesn’t matter who breaks the story.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson