The Durant Sweepstakes

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
You know what a great owner would do? Sign Ayton AND trade for KD.

That’s what the Warriors basically did after the blew the 73 game season.

Is that Sarver investigation over yet?!

I was bummed to see him front and center during the Booker extension signing. I was hoping he had been “spoken to” and there was an understanding that he would go away on what looked to be his own terms.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was bummed to see him front and center during the Booker extension signing. I was hoping he had been “spoken to” and there was an understanding that he would go away on what looked to be his own terms.
Oh man, he was? I hate that guy still repping the team and the longer there’s no word on him being the gone, the more likely I think he stays.

That’s really based on nothing. Just Suns luck.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Oh man, he was? I hate that guy still repping the team and the longer there’s no word on him being the gone, the more likely I think he stays.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

It is starting to look like that... unfortunately.

If they let Ayton walk for nothing, it pretty much seals that Starver is back...and Suns fans are condemned to a further eternity in NBA purgatory.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough FLEX is about the only one I’ve put much stock into. My opinion has shifted a bit when it comes to him. I know he’s a bit polarizing in the Suns community but I do think he’s more plugged in than any other “insider” the Suns have at this point…at least with what’s happened with KD up to now. I don’t take everything he says as gospel but I do sense he has more to offer than most anyone else regarding this situation…which has been very little from all the usual talking heads.

But I will tell you one thing. I love that Devin Booker has seemed to develop this desire from star players to want to team with him. It feels great to have that kind of franchise player having that kind of impact on other franchise players around the league. To me, that says everything I need to know about his abilities.
He is only polarizing because he gets just as much wrong. Including saying things like a trade against NBA rules might be finalized. He gets himself into these situations. His defenders always gloss over all he misses or gets wrong. He didn’t even know the Nets were not interested in Ayton. That was broken by a talking head. He likely heard KD wanted out or was interested in Phoenix which he should get credit for but he even embellished what was going on there.

He also suggested the Suns have everything the Nets want to get it done. We know now that isn’t true either. The Nets might have to settle for what we give them but that Is not the same thing. Flex might have some legit info but he is his own worst enemy. If he stuck what what he actually knows and used less double talk and embellished less he wouldn’t be so polarizing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with Draymond here because I would hardly call getting out of a bad organization running.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
While that is somewhat true, Jones was with Sarver on the secret scouting trip to see Doncic play. McDonough was not invited since he wanted Doncic
No One was changing Sarvers mind. I am not going to pretend that I was not worried about Doncic being soft because he was a Euro. Turns out we/I had it backwards. I was always worried that AD was somewhat a farce when he did not even play the C position at U4 and did not dominate and exited the tourney rather embarrassingly. The 1 time in 50 years the Suns get the #1 overall pick and the big man is tissue soft in a league with no true centers anymore

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No One was changing Sarvers mind. I am not going to pretend that I was not worried about Doncic being soft because he was a Euro. Turns out we/I had it backwards. I was always worried that AD was somewhat a farce when he did not even play the C position at U4 and did not dominate and exited the tourney rather embarrassingly. The 1 time in 50 years the Suns get the #1 overall pick and the big man is tissue soft in a league with no true centers anymore

I should rebump my "Ayton sorta sucks" thread after I went to the PAC 12 tourney and watched him in person in multiple games. His flaws were readily apparent but so were his super strengths.

His game absolutely fits in the modern NBA because he moves so well and he has that beautiful face up jumper. The TWolves would have been much better off putting Ayton next to KAT than Gobert

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Isn't Zach Lowe the guy who started the Ringer? He's always seemed to be a respected national guy to me, sort of taking over for Bill Simmons a decade ago when Simmons left ESPN.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously?
I don't follow him or watch ESPN much unless it's a major story. I have not watched nightly sports consistently for several years now. Don't have time between going to games, watching the games on TV and family stuff. In my 20's and 30's I used to religiously watch ESPN nightly. Nowadays I just read everything, listen to local radio and occasionally catch a national broadcast. Don't really keep a mental tab on very many specific national guys. I have not done that since the classic ESPN days. I am sure I have read him or seen him before. Just don't recall off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Could it be the RG deal set the standard for the Nets and why they are balking? Doesn't seem like many other teams are lining up to offer 4 first round picks either. Actually, this kind of surprises me considering the lack of ownness on the draft by the Suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with Draymond here because I would hardly call getting out of a bad organization running.
Eh draymond sounds like an entitled whiny B with zero self awareness. Y’all are public figures making millions to play a game. You make those millions due to the stupid emotional attachment your fans (who pay your salaries) have to sports. You literally benefit from the emotional engagement. So as a public figure you have to accept the emotional criticism that comes with it. And in almost no sense are sports anything like any other industry. To compare the nba and having a tech career is just stupid.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh draymond sounds like an entitled whiny B with zero self awareness. Y’all are public figures making millions to play a game. You make those millions due to the stupid emotional attachment your fans (who pay your salaries) have to sports. You literally benefit from the emotional engagement. So as a public figure you have to accept the emotional criticism that comes with it. And in almost no sense are sports anything like any other industry. To compare the nba and having a tech career is just stupid.
Here is my stance in general when it comes to this. Some teams don't show loyalty to coaches sometimes. Teams won't hesitate to trade a player if they want. In a perfect sports world, I would love if everyone honored their contracts and stayed put. I respect guys that do. However, it's pro sports. It's more like mercenaries for hire. Even college has gone that way.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Isn't Zach Lowe the guy who started the Ringer? He's always seemed to be a respected national guy to me, sort of taking over for Bill Simmons a decade ago when Simmons left ESPN.
Bill Simmons started the ringer. Zach Lowe used to write for grantland before Simmons left and grantland disappeared.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes. He leaves out the emotional attachment by fans to teams and players that make it different.