The Durant Sweepstakes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumor is that other stars are trying to contact him to see if he'll play with them and he ignores them. Meanwhile, he's in LA working out with Book. LOL
You know the Nets have a hand in this. The Nets probably want a wider range of trade partners verses where KD wants to go. Team encourages agents/players..hey give KD a call and convince him to come play with you.

If this is true, makes sense why KD has "stopped answering his phone".

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rumor is that other stars are trying to contact him to see if he'll play with them and he ignores them. Meanwhile, he's in LA working out with Book. LOL

Then news article comes out.. Nets trade Ben Simmons to the Suns for Devin Booker..

*Twilight zone music plays*

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
These seems like a rumor Tweet account but if true? The Nets are delusional if they think they would give up KAT straight up for Durant let alone that entire package. LOL.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
These seems like a rumor Tweet account but if true? The Nets are delusional if they think they would give up KAT straight up for Durant let alone that entire package. LOL.
Shoot for the moon…

Kellan on the pod this morning mentioned the Spurs have yet to sign their three 1st rd picks… Interdasting.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot for the moon…

Kellan on the pod this morning mentioned the Spurs have yet to sign their three 1st rd picks… Interdasting.
There is shooting for the moon and there is straight up delusional. I could respect the offer more if it was at least realistic. Not even the T-puppies are that stupid.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or the Nets want a treasure chest of assets for a player who turns 34 in September.
I mean come on already. Not only a guy who turns 34 but a guy who has only played in 39.8% of his games in the past 3 seasons. Look I get it. You want to maximize trade value but the Nets don't even sound like they are being reasonable. I am not going to be shocked if the Suns drop out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean come on already. Not only a guy who turns 34 but a guy who has only played in 39.8% of his games in the past 3 seasons. Look I get it. You want to maximize trade value but the Nets don't even sound like they are being reasonable. I am not going to be shocked if the Suns drop out.

If I were the Suns I would have probably already dropped out of the Durant sweepstakes but Booker wants him here and Durant wants to be here.

I simply don't know how much further the Suns can bend backwards.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Indeed. Let the Nets deal with an unhappy star who's eating up 25% of their payroll. I'm sure Westbrook will make him come around after they swap him out for Irving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose