The Durant Sweepstakes

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't know if I buy that. KAT can not be traded for Durant unless Simmons is moved. If Simmons in included in the KAT deal then of course Brooklyn asks for more.

Also that could be the price they're asking from a team they know KD doesn't want to play for so they want a hefty return to make going against his wishes worthwhile.

KAT also signed an extension and can't be traded for 2 more years. So I really doubt this was a realistic conversation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I buy that. KAT can not be traded for Durant unless Simmons is moved. If Simmons in included in the KAT deal then of course Brooklyn asks for more.

Also that could be the price they're asking from a team they know KD doesn't want to play for so they want a hefty return to make going against his wishes worthwhile.
I don't buy it either but not really because of Simmons, it just doesn't seem like even the Nets could so greatly miss the mark when it comes to KD's trade value. I'm sure the Nets already know what it would take to move Simmons, assuming it's even possible.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KAT also signed an extension and can't be traded for 2 more years. So I really doubt this was a realistic conversation.
I believe it's one year after he signs a Super Max extension. Yeah...he is out of any trade talks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe it's one year after he signs a Super Max extension. Yeah...he is out of any trade talks.

He has to have 4 or less years left under contract before he can be dealt. Right now he has 6 years. So it'd be 2 more years.

That was changed when they changed sign and trade deals so a player couldn't be dealt after signing a 5 year deal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has to have 4 or less years left under contract before he can be dealt. Right now he has 6 years. So it'd be 2 more years.

That was changed when they changed sign and trade deals so a player couldn't be dealt after signing a 5 year deal.
Right because he signed the extension, and it doesn't start until next season...it would be one year after that before he is eligible again. Either way he is out of any trade talks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Random thoughts about Durant to the Suns.

So Durant is working out with Book and not talking to anyone else. I doubt Durant wants to come here if we have to gut the team. This is a superstar league, especially in the playoffs and superstars get the calls. This smacks of Durant and CP3 desperately trying to get a championship together. Durant's with GS are not looked on as "his". If we trade Ayton and Mikal, our defense will be much worse. Do the Suns believe Bismack is good enough to be our starter? Is having both Mikal and CamJ a luxury more than a necessity?

It's kind of evident that NBA GMs do not look at players the way we do. They do not seem to be as attached to players as fans. JJ always looks at the team, once it is assembled, rather than whether trades are equal or not.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Random thoughts about Durant to the Suns.

So Durant is working out with Book and not talking to anyone else. I doubt Durant wants to come here if we have to gut the team. This is a superstar league, especially in the playoffs and superstars get the calls. This smacks of Durant and CP3 desperately trying to get a championship together. Durant's with GS are not looked on as "his". If we trade Ayton and Mikal, our defense will be much worse. Do the Suns believe Bismack is good enough to be our starter? Is having both Mikal and CamJ a luxury more than a necessity?

Durant has almost no leverage. All he can do is threaten not to play, which won't look very good for the legacy he's suddenly decided to be concerned about. Durant has no authority to sign off on the specifics of a trade to Phoenix or anywhere else. If the Nets find a deal they like and the other team is willing to take the gamble, Durant is going to get traded whether he likes the details or not.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant has almost no leverage. All he can do is threaten not to play, which won't look very good for the legacy he's suddenly decided to be concerned about. Durant has no authority to sign off on the specifics of a trade to Phoenix or anywhere else. If the Nets find a deal they like and the other team is willing to take the gamble, Durant is going to get traded whether he likes the details or not.

I don't think the Nets want another Ben Simmons situation.

If Durant goes vocal and says he wants out, this is not going to look good for the organization.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't think the Nets want another Ben Simmons situation.

If Durant goes vocal and says he wants out, this is not going to look good for the organization.
The Nets went all-in on a superteam and it failed spectacularly. Combine that with the stain left by Prokhorov's brief ownership stint, and the organization is going to look bad no matter what. They have nothing more to lose by holding onto Durant until they can get good value for him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets went all-in on a superteam and it failed spectacularly. Combine that with the stain left by Prokhorov's brief ownership stint, and the organization is going to look bad no matter what. They have nothing more to lose by holding onto Durant until they can get good value for him.

If the Nets want to be a free agent destination again in the future, they might want to rethink their position.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't agree with this at all.

No team is giving up a ton for a guy that does not want to play for them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From rumored reports, the Nets are getting more than fair value for Durant. Some trade demands, if true, border on ridiculous.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I just don't agree with this at all.

No team is giving up a ton for a guy that does not want to play for them.
So you don't agree with the part where I wrote, "and the other team is willing to take the gamble"?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Nets want to be a free agent destination again in the future, they might want to rethink their position.
This. Who would want to play their knowing A) the organization appears to be a mess and B) if you end up there and need to be traded it's going to be even a bigger mess?!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. Who would want to play their knowing A) the organization appears to be a mess and B) if you end up there and need to be traded it's going to be even a bigger mess?!

And apparently Kyrie Irving may be traded as well.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I read talks of Kyrie and Westbrook swapping. If thats happens I wonder what a KD and Westbrook reunion would look like lol.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Time has run out. The Pacers are about to call the question.
Hopefully their position is to furiously negotiate for Durant, and if that fails and Indy forces us to move, match Ayton.

Getting pennies on the dollar for Ayton would be a disaster. I'd much rather take the chance of running it back with Ayton than having him walk and failing to acquire KD.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully their position is to furiously negotiate for Durant, and if that fails and Indy forces us to move, match Ayton.

Getting pennies on the dollar for Ayton would be a disaster. I'd much rather take the chance of running it back with Ayton than having him walk and failing to acquire KD.

I think the Nets aren’t being realistic I don’t think KD gets traded

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson