The Durant Sweepstakes

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ayton wasn't the overall #1 draft pick I think fans would be a lot more patient. I think he wants to be good but the maturity is not there yet. It's a lot better than a player who doesn't care.
Yep. He is inconsistent, but he is getting more consistent. For most of this year, people felt the Suns were fools for not getting him locked up last summer. When he is engaged, he is dominant. He is immature, but he will become more mature. That Dallas series was a really difficult pill to swallow though. I can imagine staying up all night playing video games did not go over well with Paul and Book. There could be more to that though. When I am stressed, I cannot sleep, so I end up staying up watching Youtube videos or doing dumb stuff just to try to get my mind off of the stressors. But that might be just me. Ayton's problem is not so much that he did it, but that he told everyone that he did it.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offer he gets. I would assume he hasn't gotten an offer yet because teams are trying to work sign and trade deals behind the scenes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. He is inconsistent, but he is getting more consistent. For most of this year, people felt the Suns were fools for not getting him locked up last summer. When he is engaged, he is dominant. He is immature, but he will become more mature. That Dallas series was a really difficult pill to swallow though. I can imagine staying up all night playing video games did not go over well with Paul and Book. There could be more to that though. When I am stressed, I cannot sleep, so I end up staying up watching Youtube videos or doing dumb stuff just to try to get my mind off of the stressors. But that might be just me. Ayton's problem is not so much that he did it, but that he told everyone that he did it.

It will be interesting to see what kind of offer he gets. I would assume he hasn't gotten an offer yet because teams are trying to work sign and trade deals behind the scenes.

Hopefully both sides want to maintain maximum flexibility. However, if another team offers Ayton an attractive offer sheet they may put it on the table for a limited time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors may be putting together an offer for Durant. It would be like Kawhi Leonard all over again.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Raptors may be putting together an offer for Durant. It would be like Kawhi Leonard all over again.

I want KD but you could say the same damn thing about Phoenix trading for him lol. Gambo is just pandering.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want KD but you could say the same damn thing about Phoenix trading for him lol. Gambo is just pandering.
I believe Toronto has already expressed they will not include Barnes in any trade.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The longer this goes, the more it seems a battle of compensation, not a matter of where KD is going. KD clearly wants to come to Phoenix. Marks is desperate to get a kings ransom, and is demanding a ridiculous haul.

Here's hoping that Brooklyn blinks first.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The longer this goes, the more it seems a battle of compensation, not a matter of where KD is going. KD clearly wants to come to Phoenix. Marks is desperate to get a kings ransom, and is demanding a ridiculous haul.

I think it was @Mainstreet that said it but this might be a game of attrition.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets have been active while they tie the hands of teams wanting Durant.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it's in Marks' favor to refuse all offers that are not a "king's ransom." He can say to KD "we value more than everyone else does" and he can keep KD and his job. If he sells low, he gets fired.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

The problem is that the Suns need to work out a deal with Ayton soon, and once that's signed, he can't be traded until December (I think?). If another team signs Ayton to an offer sheet, it's all over.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think it's in Marks' favor to refuse all offers that are not a "king's ransom." He can say to KD "we value more than everyone else does" and he can keep KD and his job. If he sells low, he gets fired.
Forcing players to stay around, especially those with the pedigree of KD, seems like a risky strategy as well.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The problem is that the Suns need to work out a deal with Ayton soon, and once that's signed, he can't be traded until December (I think?). If another team signs Ayton to an offer sheet, it's all over.
I guess that's assuming that the Suns make a deal with Ayton soon. Anyone who is even considering a move for Ayton will reach out to the Suns first, right? What's the point of signing him to an offer sheet if the Suns will match?

The Suns could potentially make the best deal they can for Ayton, and then bide their time, although that seems pretty risky as well.

Patch things up with Ayton? Overpay for KD? I'm hoping James Jones can stick the landing here, but there are any number of precarious options now, and resolution may take longer than we'd hope.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forcing players to stay around, especially those with the pedigree of KD, seems like a risky strategy as well.

I think the Nets will trade Durant this off season but the question is when. There must be teams still competing for his services or the Nets would pull the trigger on a trade already.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This appears to be some rando Flexer. I can't find any Tweet that says that. @Mainstreet is this something said in a recent podcast? I don't recall him saying in the last podcast you linked either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This appears to be some rando Flexer. I can't find any Tweet that says that. @Mainstreet is this something said in a recent podcast? I don't recall him saying in the last podcast you linked either.

I never read it either.

As I recall Flex From Jersey complained about fake accounts recently.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never read it either.

As I recall Flex From Jersey complained about fake accounts recently.
Yep, I have seen a couple actually that were not him. I think this person is quoting a bunk Tweet.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
aaljy ok.

You don't see the obvious difference? Gambo is saying the Utah has interest in Ayton in sign and trade. He is not putting out there a 3-way trade that is obviously illegal. Big difference. So, no Finito he is not playing both sides. He was shooting down the 3 way trade that CANNOT happen by NBA rule.

Again, it appears Flex took some liberties to predict what he heard.

You can’t see when someone is obviously making fun of the situation

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns coddled the soccer player who plays basketball. FACT DA is soft with a low BB IQ. DA had all of last year to play for a contract extension and did not change. Pretty sure coaches and players got tired of preaching, hoping he could see the light
Just because you type FACT doesn't make it so. He's gonna be fine when he plays for a team that knows how to use a center.
I will regret losing his soft low I.Q. 20 and 10 a game. And his defense.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Offseason disaster for me would be meeting the Nets reported price for Durant. All the other negative outcomes fall in the disappointment category for me. Although letting Ayton walk for nothing would mostly just be stupid. With our window, if we can't keep DA it's imperative we at least use his salary to try and get something of value.
Guaranteed if the Nets get from the Suns what the want, you can book it that KD will have a career ending injury. I am good with DA and some future #1 picks, other than that its to much. Find a sucker for a real PF and a serviceable Center for AD

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Just because you type FACT doesn't make it so. He's gonna be fine when he plays for a team that knows how to use a center.
I will regret losing his soft low I.Q. 20 and 10 a game. And his defense.
The only thing that is fiction is your impression of this all NBA center getting zero offers

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guaranteed if the Nets get from the Suns what the want, you can book it that KD will have a career ending injury. I am good with DA and some future #1 picks, other than that its to much. Find a sucker for a real PF and a serviceable Center for AD

Huh? How can you possibly come to that conclusion? That's ridiculous.