The Durant Sweepstakes

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh?

It doesn't have to be mitchell in the deal. Bogdonavich and Clarkson add up to about 33 million. Throw in picks and Cam Johnson and Payne and the nets may take it.

I'm joking around.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Sports has a story on it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since Utah is still way over the cap they’d need to give Phoenix picks for us to take salary off them for Ayton. This is all shaping up.
It depends on what they are moving in the deal - but yes, this is looking like a three way deal that is going to happen.

I think Bogdanovich + Clarkson is a little better than Ayton, so not sure they give up picks as well.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Gambo is super close to Ainge. When Boston drafted Brown #3 Ainge gave the info to Gambo to break before any of the national guys like Woj had the info.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Utah is still way over the cap they’d need to give Phoenix picks for us to take salary off them for Ayton. This is all shaping up.

I see. Do you want to run that by me again.

You must be registered for see images attach

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It depends on what they are moving in the deal - but yes, this is looking like a three way deal that is going to happen.

I think Bogdanovich + Clarkson is a little better than Ayton, so not sure they give up picks as well.
So you're saying Clarkson & Bogdanovich straight up for Ayton? Jones would be a fool to do that. PHX needs to get a PF or C back in a potential deal. I would rather have Capela or John Collins than any UTAH package.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the damn shame of all of this is...
instead of being the next Durant team after his Nets fiasco,
if Ayton wasn't a primadonna and was happy with a 4 year max,
i'd much prefer that we just had another crack at the ring with the same team next season
and we'd still have the young core of Booker, Ayton, Bridges, and Cam to work with for the future

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'd much prefer that we just had another crack at the ring with the same team next season
and we'd still have the young core of Booker, Ayton, Bridges, and Cam to work with for the future

Honestly, that's not good enough. We just clearly showed that team was not good enough.

If we tried to run that team back, it can't beat the warriors, or most likely the clippers. Minnesota, Memphis, New Orleans, and Denver are all real threats too.

The Durant deal may not work to get us over the top, but staying status quo defintely would not have worked.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That makes too much sense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you're saying Clarkson & Bogdanovich straight up for Ayton? Jones would be a fool to do that. PHX needs to get a PF or C back in a potential deal. I would rather have Capela or John Collins than any UTAH package.

Well, I think it will be a three way deal with the Nets, but I'm saying if that falls through, I think that is a pretty good return on Ayton.

I would much rather have those two than either Capela or Collins personally.

I don't know where the Suns are going to find a center, but I am far from high on Capela - he is WAY over paid.

Maybe we could make a deal for Myles Turner.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Indeed. Even without KD, the Suns would already be sitting pretty if they had either drafted Haliburton or even extended Jalen Smith and resigned Ayton last summer, regardless of whether they decided to keep him long term. Let's not forget.

James Jones now really, REALLY needs to get this KD trade to work or he is back to looking like a general fool for all the front office mismanagement. Having to settle for a pack of garbage for Ayton at this point will lose the fanbase entirely.

Again, if it all plays out that worst case scenario, it just adds to Sarver's legacy as the worst person to ever pass through Phoenix sports history because it's ultimately all on him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indeed. Even without KD, the Suns would already be sitting pretty if they had either drafted Haliburton or even extended Jalen Smith and resigned Ayton last summer, regardless of whether they decided to keep him long term. Let's not forget.

James Jones now really, REALLY needs to get this KD trade to work or he is back to looking like a general fool for all the front office mismanagement. Having to settle for a pack of garbage for Ayton at this point will lose the fanbase entirely.

Again, if it all plays out that worst case scenario, it just adds to Sarver's legacy as the worst person to ever pass through Phoenix sports history because it's ultimately all on him.
That is all true.

If we had drafted Haliburton I would 100% be on the run it back train - but we didn't.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put me down as being against a Durant trade.
Me too. How many times have teams traded for big-name aging vets and lived to regret it? Lots and lots. Any player that has had an Achilles rupture is a very short-timer.

How much did this playoff run ruin me? I do not really even care that much about getting Durant. Won't move the needle that much and shortens our window severely. this is the trade that gets JJ fired.

(unless he does it much more cheaply than everyone is saying)

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, I think it will be a three way deal with the Nets, but I'm saying if that falls through, I think that is a pretty good return on Ayton.

I would much rather have those two than either Capela or Collins personally.

I don't know where the Suns are going to find a center, but I am far from high on Capela - he is WAY over paid.

Maybe we could make a deal for Myles Turner.
Turner is way more overpaid than Capela due to the fact that he is always injured and is a below average rebounder. At least with Capela you are getting a guy that gives you 2 blocks per game and 13 rebounds and is a lob threat. He can't shoot FT's but with everything else he gives you he is more valuable than Turner IMO.

Now as far as direct deal with Utah, you would be getting a couple of bench guys for a starting NBA C that gives you 16 / 11 / 1 on 60% shooting and can play in the post and can hit jump shots. It's not enough. Even John Collins would be a better return than Bogdanovich & Clarkson and no picks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turner is way more overpaid than Capela due to the fact that he is always injured and is a below average rebounder. At least with Capela you are getting a guy that gives you 2 blocks per game and 13 rebounds and is a lob threat. He can't shoot FT's but with everything else he gives you he is more valuable than Turner IMO.

Now as far as direct deal with Utah, you would be getting a couple of bench guys for a starting NBA C that gives you 16 / 11 / 1 on 60% shooting and can play in the post and can hit jump shots. It's not enough. Even John Collins would be a better return than Bogdanovich & Clarkson and no picks.
Umm.

Bogdonavich is a very good starter, not a bench player.

Clarkson is probably the best 6th man in the league.

Collins has got personality issues - there is a reason Atl wants to trade him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo now saying deal without Mikal for KD is possible also.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me too. How many times have teams traded for big-name aging vets and lived to regret it? Lots and lots. Any player that has had an Achilles rupture is a very short-timer.

How much did this playoff run ruin me? I do not really even care that much about getting Durant. Won't move the needle that much and shortens our window severely. this is the trade that gets JJ fired.

(unless he does it much more cheaply than everyone is saying)

If the Suns trade 4 first round picks and Ayton for Durant its a good trade. Even if the picks are high lottery picks the could end up being Len, Jackson, Bender and Chriss.

Who has better odds of delivering a championship? Ayton + picks or one of the 20 best players ever who is still close to his prime? Maybe he gets injured, but maybe the Suns draft a bunch of busts again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort