The Durant Sweepstakes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect that the Nets will make another push to try and appease KD enough to get him to stay in Brooklyn. Maybe if the Gobert deal hadn't happened right after KD's request a deal could have been reached but understandably from the Nets point of view if Rudy is worth all that, KD must be worth much more.
Maybe. I just don't see how you appease KD without a massive trade that puts another Superstar next to him. He will be 34 and wants to win another title. That doesn't appear likely in Brooklyn.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, he was saying that on the radio last week as well. Why would you trade a guy to a division rival that could haunt you for years to come?
Ha. The Celtics had no problem doing such a deal with the Nets years ago. No team that is rebuilding should have qualms about doing business with a division rival if it is a good trade.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha. The Celtics had no problem doing such a deal with the Nets years ago. No team that is rebuilding should have qualms about doing business with a division rival if it is a good trade.
If that was the case it would be more commonplace. Most trades don't happen within your rival division. I didn't say it never happens.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that was the case it would be more commonplace. Most trades don't happen within your rival division. I didn't say it never happens.
The Nets are stupid if they let that be a deciding issue. But then, the Nets have a history of doing stupid trades.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are stupid if they let that be a deciding issue. But then, the Nets have a history of doing stupid trades.
Uh....the fact the last deal like that turned into Tatum and Brown and I am pretty sure that was the stupid part.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The wild overvaluing of our role players is hilarious but yet par for this board. Remember the hand wringing over Kelly freaking Oubre? The abject love for TJ Warren?

Sell the picks. Give up the bench. Be the destination for mid-year buy outs.
I deserve this. And I'll take some red hot with my crow.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The latest from John Gambadoro.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Definitely sounds like the Suns have made an offer and just checking in to see if the Nets are willing to take it or not. I get the impression the Suns have no interest in upping the offer because they are bidding against themselves and possibly one other team at this point. KD needs to step up if he wants to move. Keeping silent is taking all the pressure off the Nets.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant commented on the claim by Draymond that the Warriors would have beaten Jordan's Bulls by saying "I can't comment on that but I do know our coach Steve Kerr would have insisted we put Steve Kerr in as many pick and rolls as possible."

BTW I think Draymond is nuts the Warriors had nobody to guard Jordan.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Durant commented on the claim by Draymond that the Warriors would have beaten Jordan's Bulls by saying "I can't comment on that but I do know our coach Steve Kerr would have insisted we put Steve Kerr in as many pick and rolls as possible."

That Warriors team was taken to 7 games by Harden/Capela...not good for all time bona fides.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Draymond also would have been tossed dealing with Rodman. Rodman was good at baiting guys.

Pippen would have done as good of job as anyone making life suck for KD also.

Jordan would have covered Steph and broken him mentally.

I don't see how Golden State wins more than 2 games in a series. 1 game from incredible shooting, maybe 2, but that's it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. I just don't see how you appease KD without a massive trade that puts another Superstar next to him. He will be 34 and wants to win another title. That doesn't appear likely in Brooklyn.
As I recall, Windhorst suggested initially that Durant asked for a trade as a show of support for Kyrie so maybe that's the path for reconciliation? And with Simmons coming back any day now, any week now, any decade now, who knows maybe they will have 3 stars align for them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant is going to be 34 in September. Who would you rather have, Durant or Jaylen Brown?
Like I said it depends on the Celtics priorities.

If I am trying to win the title next season - Durant

If I am trying to be a top level team for the next decade - Brown.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it is an impossible comparison to make.

The reason why is 3 point shooting.

If you could miraculously time travel that bulls team to play todays Warriors - the Warriors would win because of their much superior 3 point shooting.

But give the Bulls a few months to really practice shooting them - and I think they would win.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said it depends on the Celtics priorities.

If I am trying to win the title next season - Durant

If I am trying to be a top level team for the next decade - Brown.

I intended it to be more of a personal preference than what the Celtics would do. Personally I'd prefer Jaylen Brown.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I intended it to be more of a personal preference than what the Celtics would do. Personally I'd prefer Jaylen Brown.
I would prefer Brown also, but many posters on here swear they would give up anything to win 1 title - so if they are telling the truth some people would apparently forgo the future for a title.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would prefer Brown also, but many posters on here swear they would give up anything to win 1 title - so if they are telling the truth some people would apparently forgo the future for a title.
It’s ridiculous to compare how we’d feel if we were Celtics fans who had witnessed multiple titles, finals appearances and making that trade (after getting to the Finals and having a long run ahead of them) versus the position of never winning a title, having only made the finals 2 times in the last forty years and believing our window has shut and are willing to sacrifice the future for one title now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the dynamic is quite a bit different for Boston fans than Suns fans. We've never won a title, that's obviously not an issue for Celtics fans. So yeah, I'd suspect some would push for KD but many of them would rather have a prolonged run at titles rather than just one or two shots at it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's probably because the Suns have a chance to get Durant but not Brown.

I'd go with Shai if given a choice out of the three players because he can play point guard.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond also would have been tossed dealing with Rodman. Rodman was good at baiting guys.

Pippen would have done as good of job as anyone making life suck for KD also.

Jordan would have covered Steph and broken him mentally.

I don't see how Golden State wins more than 2 games in a series. 1 game from incredible shooting, maybe 2, but that's it.

That's the thing the Bulls had 3 elite level defenders to guard Steph and Durant. Rodman, Pippen and Jordan. They probably won't put Jordan on him but they're going to "contain" the Warriors shooters.

I don't think it would be a rout but saying the Warriors were double digits better I just don't see.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny there is a battle in the media to out scoop each other.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now Flex weighs in.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is an impossible comparison to make.

The reason why is 3 point shooting.

If you could miraculously time travel that bulls team to play todays Warriors - the Warriors would win because of their much superior 3 point shooting.

But give the Bulls a few months to really practice shooting them - and I think they would win.
Yeah, I think that's exactly it. Just toss them together under modern rules and the Warriors are solid favorites. Give them a full season to prepare and adapt, I think the Bulls take the series.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I recall, Windhorst suggested initially that Durant asked for a trade as a show of support for Kyrie so maybe that's the path for reconciliation? And with Simmons coming back any day now, any week now, any decade now, who knows maybe they will have 3 stars align for them.
Maybe. I mean KD knew that Kyrie is staying, and the rumor was it didn't change his mind. Plus, nobody in the league trusts Ben Simmons. I could see a 24 year old KD putting faith in Ben, not a 34 year old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard