The Durant Sweepstakes

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Betting question. That means if you bet $100 on KD staying with the Nets you win $700? That sounds like a very logical bet…
If Durant wants a title, how the hell do you get that done with the Raptors?!?!

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score

The Nets care more about the best trade package not KD’s title chances.
Its time for the rubber to meet the road, i give an ultimatum to Nets, accept the draft picks and filler. Suns are not giving away home grown depth on good contracts for an aging player you obtained thru FA. At worst the Suns get DA at a discount as no one is willing to pay what he wants, which he needs to look into a mirror to figure out why. as for the Nets, good luck getting 5-6 1st round picks + swaps from anyone else. Its not the Suns fault you got fleeced twice with Harden trades

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that makes this so complicated is according to Brian Windhorst, the Nets basically are not satisfied with what the Suns can offer straight up meaning the Suns may not get him without a 3 way trade (assuming this is not just posturing...it could be). Utah seems like the obvious choice because they have interest in Ayton. That's not possible until the Nets move Simmons because Utah has stated they are not interested in moving Mitchell.

Assuming that's true (Utah won't trade DM)...the Suns are reliant on the Nets somehow trading Simmons which is going to cost the NETS just to make Utah a viable trade partner.

Suns: Hey Net's can you work on that Simmons guy so we can include Utah regardless of what it costs you to do so?

Yikes. It might seem simpler to include another team then depend on the Nets to move Simmons to clear the way for a 3 way trade at this point. I guess it's possible Utah is willing to move DM or the Nets have something cooking for Simmons or the Nets are just posturing to get the most out of the Suns.

Unless the Nets are just bluffing this doesn't exactly give an abundance of warm and fuzzies.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
-
Betting question. That means if you bet $100 on KD staying with the Nets you win $700? That sounds like a very logical bet…
That's correct. They'll usually have a date set as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The thing that makes this so complicated is according to Brian Windhorst, the Nets basically are not satisfied with what the Suns can offer straight up meaning the Suns may not get him without a 3 way trade (assuming this is not just posturing...it could be). Utah seems like the obvious choice because they have interest in Ayton. That's not possible until the Nets move Simmons because Utah has stated they are not interested in moving Mitchell.

Assuming that's true (Utah won't trade DM)...the Suns are reliant on the Nets somehow trading Simmons which is going to cost the NETS just to make Utah a viable trade partner.

Suns: Hey Net's can you work on that Simmons guy so we can include Utah regardless of what it costs you to do so?

Yikes. It might seem simpler to include another team then depend on the Nets to move Simmons in a 3 way trade at this point. I guess it's possible Utah is willing to move DM or the Nets have something cooking for Simmons or the Nets are just posturing to get the most out of the Suns.

Unless the Nets are just bluffing this doesn't exactly give an abundance of warm and fuzzies.
I wonder what the consequences are if Durant stays in Brooklyn. As of now, it seems like he's going to get traded no matter what, and even if we don't include Mikal, for example, there are very few teams, especially contenders, that can offer as good a package as what we are offering.

The Nets feel like they are in the position of power here, but are they really?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I wonder what the consequences are if Durant stays in Brooklyn. As of now, it seems like he's going to get traded no matter what, and even if we don't include Mikal, for example, there are very few teams, especially contenders, that can offer as good a package as what we are offering.

The Nets feel like they are in the position of power here, but are they really?
Until KD comes out publicly and says trade me to my preferred team or I’m retiring the Nets have the power. If he had one year on his deal and was about to walk it’d be a different story.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Until KD comes out publicly and says trade me to my preferred team or I’m retiring the Nets have the power. If he had one year on his deal and was about to walk it’d be a different story.
He doesn't need to come out publicly, he's already given his trade request. What does coming out publicly do? "Oh, he must REALLY mean it if he's coming out publicly." Because before, nobody really believed he wanted to be traded.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So from what I gather from all this mess is Utah wants Ayton in a straight deal for pennies on the dollar? I just match any DA offer and just deal with BRK alone, if they don't want anyone on our current roster then move on. If BRK wants Mitchell and Ainge isn't willing to move him then they're out, no Ayton. I can understand why they don't want to move Mitchell much like we don't want to lose Bridges but Mitchell is only real chip they have other than draft picks. Bogdan is old and is Clarkson is a bench piece. They have to give up something to get something.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So from what I gather from all this mess is Utah wants Ayton in a straight deal for pennies on the dollar? I just match any DA offer and just deal with BRK alone, if they don't want anyone on our current roster then move on. If BRK wants Mitchell and Ainge isn't willing to move him then they're out, no Ayton. I can understand why they don't want to move Mitchell much like we don't want to lose Bridges but Mitchell is only real chip they have other than draft picks. Bogdan is old and is Clarkson is a bench piece. They have to give up something to get something.

I'm done dealing with the Jazz unless they want to part with their substantial bounty of 1st round picks.

Ayton is more than Gobert.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
From the Nets forum (wishful thinking)

Monster 5-team trade based on reports..

Nets give Durant, Kyrie, Simmons
Nets get Mitchell, Turner, Duarte, Mikal, Cam, Conley, PHX26FRP, LAL27FRP, PHX28FRP, LAL24/25swap, LAL28swap
Conley, Mitchell, Mikal, Cam, Turner -- Mills, Duarte, Harris, O'Neale, Claxton -- Curry, Thomas, Sharpe

Lakers give Westbrook, LAL27FRP, LAL24/25swap, LAL28swap
Lakers get Kyrie, Beverley
Beverley, Kyrie, Reaves, LeBron, Davis -- Nunn, Lonnie, THT, Gabriel, Jones -- Christie, Brown, SJ, JTA

Suns give Ayton(SnT), Mikal, Cam, PHX24FRP, PHX26FRP, PHX28FRP, PHX23swap, PHX25swap, PHX27swap, PHX29swap
Suns get Durant, Gay
CP3, Booker, Crowder, Durant, McGee -- Payne, Shamet, Okogie, Saric, Landale -- Craig, Gay, Biyombo

Pacers give Turner, Duarte
Pacers get Simmons
Hali, Mathurin, Simmons, Jackson, Goga -- McConnell, Hield, Oshae, Smith, Theis

Jazz give Mitchell, Conley, Beverley, Gay
Jazz get Ayton(SnT), Westbrook, PHX24FRP, PHX26FRP, PHX23swap, PHX25swap, PHX27swap, PHX29swap
Westbrook, Beasley, Balmaro, Bojan, Ayton -- Trent, Clarkson, NAW, Vanderbilt, Kessler

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Nets get Mitchell, Turner, Duarte, Mikal, Cam, Conley, PHX26FRP, LAL27FRP, PHX28FRP, LAL24/25swap, LAL28swap
Conley, Mitchell, Mikal, Cam, Turner -- Mills, Duarte, Harris, O'Neale, Claxton -- Curry, Thomas, Sharpe

Beverley, Kyrie, Reaves, LeBron, Davis -- Nunn, Lonnie, THT, Gabriel, Jones -- Christie, Brown, SJ, JTA

Suns give Ayton(SnT), Mikal, Cam, PHX24FRP, PHX26FRP, PHX28FRP, PHX23swap, PHX25swap, PHX27swap, PHX29swap
Suns get Durant, Gay
CP3, Booker, Crowder, Durant, McGee -- Payne, Shamet, Okogie, Saric, Landale -- Craig, Gay, Biyombo

Pacers get Simmons

Jazz get Ayton(SnT), Westbrook, PHX24FRP, PHX26FRP, PHX23swap, PHX25swap, PHX27swap, PHX29swap
Westbrook, Beasley, Balmaro, Bojan, Ayton -- Trent, Clarkson, NAW, Vanderbilt, Kessler

Looks like the work of a Laker fan. Westbrook and some minor draft compensation for Irving? Uh huh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm done dealing with the Jazz unless they want to part with their substantial bounty of 1st round picks.

Ayton is more than Gobert.
I’m sorry, but I just don’t get how people keeping saying Ayton is more than Gobert. In no way shape or form has Ayton ever been valued as even equal as Gobert. People need to realize how much this board overrates their own players.

Gobert is a 3 time Defensive Player Of The Year, 6 Time All-Defensive Team, and 4 time ALL-NBA team.

Ayton has never been ANY of those… ONCE. He’s never even been an All-Star or even an All NBA 3rd Team Defensive team.

And considering no one is beating down his door AT ALL to throw him a Max… or even anything lower… is speaking volumes about his overall worth.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He doesn't need to come out publicly, he's already given his trade request. What does coming out publicly do? "Oh, he must REALLY mean it if he's coming out publicly." Because before, nobody really believed he wanted to be traded.
You asked if the Nets feel they’re in a position of power. Yes they are because they have him under contract for 4 years. The uglier KD makes his trade demands the more pressure it puts on the team. History has show us that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They really don’t. They bent over backwards to do EVERYTHING Durant wanted, bringing on poisonous players, paying for entire year he didn’t play, trading away draft picks, signing the corpse of his buddy DeAndre Jordan and after 3 years, all they have to show for it is ONE playoff round W.
You forget that Durant and his little buddy insisted they fire Kenny Atkinson and replace him with Nash.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry, but I just don’t get how people keeping saying Ayton is more than Gobert. In no way shape or form has Ayton ever been valued as even equal as Gobert. People need to realize how much this board overrates their own players.

Gobert is a 3 time Defensive Player Of The Year, 6 Time All-Defensive Team, and 4 time ALL-NBA team.

Ayton has never been ANY of those… ONCE. He’s never even been an All-Star or even an All NBA 3rd Team Defensive team.

And considering no one is beating down his door AT ALL to throw him a Max… or even anything lower… is speaking volumes about his overall worth.
I had not realized this but Gobert has won an award or been recognized every single year since the 2016-1017 season for some accomplishment.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've seen Gobert in the playoffs the past two seasons and he simply isn't better than Ayton based on the Jazz' early exit.

Gobert can't defend outside nor hit the outside shot. He is one dimensional. Ayton can play inside or outside.

Accolades are just that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Suns get Durant, Gay

Pacers get Simmons

Ummmm McGee isn't on the Suns anymore...hahaha This guy obviously has no clue.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen Gobert in the playoffs the past two seasons and he simply isn't better than Ayton based on the Jazz' early exit.

Gobert can't defend outside nor hit the outside shot. He is one dimensional. Ayton can play inside or outside.

Accolades are just that.
Gobert had a really tough time 2 years ago when Lue outcoached Snyder but that's not really what happened this postseason.

I'd rather have Ayton on a 3 or 4 year max than Gobert on a supermax but for me, Gobert is clearly the better player. I'm hopeful that we re-sign DA and that he continues to improve and I can see him passing Rudy by in a year or two but he's not there yet IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Accolades are just that.
Accolades are just that? Sorry, that’s a ridiculous response to a guy who’s been viewed as an absolute elite C for years in the league by coaches, players and press.

There’s a reason Ayton has never gotten ONE accolade. He’s good at a lot of things, not great at anything and doesn’t bring it every night.

Now you can keep saying Ayton’s more… but no one who covers the NBA, and more importantly, no one in the market for a Center in the NBA apparently agrees with you.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You forget that Durant and his little buddy insisted they fire Kenny Atkinson and replace him with Nash.
You won’t find anyone defending that. They did Kenny dirty after he helped turned around the team. In the Suns case it seems as though KD is a fan of Monty.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really anything new but Gambo just threw down the gauntlet. In other words put your name and details to it (reputation). Saying if someone is calling this deal done? Put out the details. His sources seem to be saying it’s not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson