The Durant Sweepstakes

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah and wasn't it nixed because Marion decided he didn't want to go to Boston?

I'm trying to figure out where Cheese is seeing the equivalency other than a superstar player being involved.
Being strung along believing a deal was going to happen and the superstar wants to come here and then it falls through.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Being strung along believing a deal was going to happen and the superstar wants to come here and then it falls through.
Was it proven that KG wanted to be in Phoenix? And it was nixed by our player, not their front office. Totally different. If it falls through, the reasons won't be the same.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To what? What potential deal with Ayton (who is likely gone) is the preferred alternative at this juncture?

Ayton isn't gone unless the Suns don't match his offer sheet. The Suns shouldn't panic.

I'm sure there are other options like the Pacers or even the Spurs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m amazed at how impatient y’all are. This is a blockbuster trade. Likely the biggest move of the offseason. And as we’ve seen there are a LOT of rules, players and multiple teams that come into play and have to be navigated. And we are still in the moratorium period for goodness sake. Lol. Patience guys.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Was it proven that KG wanted to be in Phoenix? And it was nixed by our player, not their front office. Totally different. If it falls through, the reasons won't be the same.
It totally could be if Ayton doesn’t want to go to utah. He could blow up the deal. Otherwise pretty close.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It totally could be if Ayton doesn’t want to go to utah. He could blow up the deal. Otherwise pretty close.
That's pure speculation right now. I don't see Ayton having the kind of power Marion had. Especially since Marion didn't want to leave and Ayton does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I simply think the Suns shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket. I'm concerned the Suns may be myopic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm trying to figure out where Cheese is seeing the equivalency other than a superstar player being involved.
I believe in his previous post he was alluding to the fact that is seemed like a real possibility and then the rug was pulled out. In that aspect I completely agree with Cheese. It feels exactly like that. We are talking a generational player that can take the team to new heights and missing out for whatever reason.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’m amazed at how impatient y’all are. This is a blockbuster trade. Likely the biggest move of the offseason. And as we’ve seen there are a LOT of rules, players and multiple teams that come into play and have to be navigated. And we are still in the moratorium period for goodness sake. Lol. Patience guys.
Patience is not a virtue I possess

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally reasonable take. The problem is IF this falls through? The Suns will have missed out on a bunch of potential players that could have helped this team improve. It is kind of a catch 22 that becomes even more damaging should this fall through. Even if it doesn't? There were likely some deals to be had that the Suns had to freeze on because of all the proposed moving parts.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn’t say three way trades are illegal. He said Gambo wasn’t out there a three way trade that was obviously illegal. It was obviously illegal due to the extension factor not because it was a three way trade. No one has said three way trades are per se illegal. You’re arguing against no one.

Tweets don't cut it when there is a need for detailed discussion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just the feeling of sky-high excitement soon to likely be replaced by disappointment.

Nothing more than that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pure speculation right now. I don't see Ayton having the kind of power Marion had. Especially since Marion didn't want to leave and Ayton does.
I actually think Ayton has more power in the situation because he could ball signing with whichever third partner we need him to go to make the trade work. Or he could sign an offer sheet with Indiana.

That said, that’s not what I’m talking about with the deja vu. Just the feeling of getting hype for KG/AP, it stringing along and then nada. Particulars of all deals not all that important to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe in his previous post he was alluding to the fact that is seemed like a real possibility and then the rug was pulled out. In that aspect I completely agree with Cheese. It feels exactly like that. We are talking a generational player that can take the team to new heights and missing out for whatever reason.
Yup. Nothing more, nothing less. Just the feeling I have.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn’t say three way trades are illegal. He said Gambo wasn’t out there a three way trade that was obviously illegal. It was obviously illegal due to the extension factor not because it was a three way trade. No one has said three way trades are per se illegal. You’re arguing against no one.
Exactly. Flex said it could finalize. What?! No it can't. Nothing can happen because DM or Simmons congrats have not moved. He said "tomorrow" which was yesterday. Plain and simple Flex was full of it. My guess is either he is just ignorant to NBA rules, the person who gave him the info was or he just heard a rumor and embellished again prematurely like the KD trade hoping that if either happens he comes out looking like he nailed it. While hoping everyone ignored the details along the way. Which some will.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the Nets forgot the part about this being a players league. They should really spend more time reading this thread.
Touché. Honest question though. When is the last time a Superstar player was sent to a team he didn't want to play for? I can't think of one off the top of my head. It's very well possible that Durant's team not having a trade clause could come back to haunt him. The Nets owe Durant NOTHING.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remind me who AP is?

Edit: I quoted the wrong post by accident, trying to respond to cheesebeef.
Back in 2015 the Cards board was in a tizzy with word that an Adrian Peterson trade was imminent.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
-
Betting question. That means if you bet $100 on KD staying with the Nets you win $700? That sounds like a very logical bet…

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the Nets forgot the part about this being a players league. They should really spend more time reading this thread.

Durant is getting traded. It's which team wants to play musical chairs the longest.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Touché. Honest question though. When is the last time a Superstar player was sent to a team he didn't want to play for? I can't think of one off the top of my head. It's very well possible that Durant's team not having a trade clause could come back to haunt him. The Nets owe Durant NOTHING.
They really don’t. They bent over backwards to do EVERYTHING Durant wanted, bringing on poisonous players, paying for entire year he didn’t play, trading away draft picks, signing the corpse of his buddy DeAndre Jordan and after 3 years, all they have to show for it is ONE playoff round W.