The Durant Sweepstakes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same people poo-poo’ing this deal bashed the CP3 trade. Get f’n real guys. You don’t win titles unless you have LEGENDS leading you to titles. This is our damn shot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The role of Jeff Hornacek is played by Mikal Bridges. Ive said for a while that this was Mikal’s best contribution to the team.
Two years ago I planted my flag on Mikal will be the piece that gets us the needed 2nd superstar.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Holy freakin shart man this is bananas! Gonna miss Mikal and Cam Johnson, Brooklyn got some really good really young talent in return

Also Jae Crowder sat out this season because he lost his starting spot to Cam Johnson and now Jae Crowder is being traded to Brooklyn... along with Cam Johnson lol talk about awkward

But Booker, CP3, Ayton, and Kevin Durant all on the court at the same time??? I was pissed when Dallas got Kyrie but now I'm just laughing

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The same people poo-poo’ing this deal bashed the CP3 trade. Get f’n real guys. You don’t win titles unless you have LEGENDS leading you to titles. This is our damn shot.
This likely makes us title faves beyond this year as well. We have Durant, Booker and Ayton under contract for a few years and will have some money to go after a CP replacement next year.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not true.

I'd be thrilled to be wrong, I just think it's a severe overpay. No one could have remotely sniffed that offer.

These types of trades have been devastating for the team surrendering their depth and their draft future.

Again though, I really really hope I'm wrong.

My season tickets certainly just tripled in value.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns gave up a TON for KD.

That’s a ton of draft capital on top of two really good young players we gave up. Cam J, Bridges, Crowder, 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029

If KD can’t stay healthy, we lose these picks, Cam J continues to grow and so does Bridges or we don’t win a title? This will go down as one of the worst trades in franchise history.

Mark my words. Bridges will be one of the best two way players in the league.

Having said all that? No risk it, no biscuit. I think KD puts us over the top.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns gave up a TON for KD.

That’s a ton of draft capital on top of two really good young players we gave up. Cam J, Bridges, Crowder, 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029

If KD can’t stay healthy, we lose these picks, Cam J continues to grow and so does Bridges or we don’t win a title? This will go down as one of the worst trades in franchise history.

Mark my words. Bridges will be one of the best two way players in the league.

Having said all that? No risk it, no biscuit. I think KD puts us over the top.
You have to win the first championship before you can win your second one....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
FROM NBA.COM:

Report: Suns on verge of acquiring Durant

The Phoenix Suns are on the verge of finalizing a trade with the Brooklyn Nets that would send 13-time All-Star Kevin Durant to Phoenix, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Woj reports the Suns are sending Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, four first-round picks, a 2028 pick swap for Durant and TJ Warren.

Durant wanted move and new owner Mat Ishbia pushed to get deal done tonight.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys would have crapped your pants about Horny back in the day.

This team as currently constructed wasn’t winning jack squat.

WORTH THE RISK.

LOVE THIS.
I loved Hornacek but thought the deal was a steal for us when the trade was announced. And I was a huge fan of Barkley just like I've been a huge fan of Durant. The difference is, I thought we'd actually see Charles for several years. If I had reason to believe that we'd get even 2 years of MVP level Durant, I'd be thrilled with this trade too. I just don't expect that to happen.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i'll get a KD jersey and a Mikal shersey

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. I said it before and I will say it again. If you have a shot to get KD you had to take it. This franchise has zero rings. This is the biggest acquisition since Charles Barkley IMO.
Two years ago I planted my flag on Mikal will be the piece that gets us the needed 2nd superstar.
This is only possible if Bridges is on his way to becoming one of the best two way players in the league. His value has never been higher.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yes, there is some calculated risk to this move. But me and my brother were discussing it, and kind of realized there were a couple of genuine upsides to it regardless of whether the payoff is a championship:

1) This definitely shows that Ishbia will be an aggressive/motivated owner. This was a total Jerry Colangelo kind of move... and even better, the inverse of a Robert Sarver kind of move.

2) Losing the four draft picks may hurt in the long run, but being realistic, as long as the current GM and coach were still going to be here, there was a good chance those picks would end up being wasted anyway. It was probably worth the gamble to move them for the possibility of a championship.