The DeAndre Hopkins appreciation thread

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I don’t think he was hurt. I was at the game and keyed on him multiple times because I was looking forward to him schooling Peterson. There were several times where he was noticeably upset about the ball not going his direction on failed 3rd down sequences. I think the play calling was deliberately staying away from that side, which IMO is not good.

Curious what you mean by this?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think there should ever be a week where we game plan to keep DHop less involved. There were several 3rd and short opportunities where we didn’t even look his way. More often than not, DHop either catches the ball or draws a penalty. Dont want to be predictable but on crucial 3rd downs, that should be read #1 at least until they stop it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is just so good. Not sure why but he seems to be open in the endzone far more this year than last. He had that one Kyler overthrew then scored on that drive.

On the play where Kyler ran all over and then hit D Hop, he's standing wide open the whole time but Kyler is running for his life and can't see him, when it becomes apparent Kyler is going to get the throw off he suddenly moved to get more separation and Kyler hit him. He's just so smart by not running back towards Kyler he basically lulled the defender even remotely close to him to not move until he realized holy crap Kyler is throwing to D Hop and got the ball there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think about it this franchise has had some great WR's, I go back to Mel Gray and Pat Tilley but we had Roy Green, Rob Moore, Boldin, Fitz. I would put D Hop right there with any of them except maybe Fitz and even that's iffy I might just put him right there with Fitz.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you think about it this franchise has had some great WR's, I go back to Mel Gray and Pat Tilley but we had Roy Green, Rob Moore, Boldin, Fitz. I would put D Hop right there with any of them except maybe Fitz and even that's iffy I might just put him right there with Fitz.
Yup we always have. Even in our “down” years our worse WRs we’re usually at least not bad.

Roy green
jT smith
Ernie Indiana jones
Ricky proehl
Gary clark
Rob moore
Frank sanders
David Boston
Anquan boldin
Larry fitzgerald
Steve breaston
Michael Floyd
John brown

Deandre Hopkins

We have been so good at drafting/acquiring wrs that I’ve been stunned when one does not pan out (Andre Roberts or Isabella)

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you think about it this franchise has had some great WR's, I go back to Mel Gray and Pat Tilley but we had Roy Green, Rob Moore, Boldin, Fitz. I would put D Hop right there with any of them except maybe Fitz and even that's iffy I might just put him right there with Fitz

I’m excited/eager to see playoff Hop. Hopefully he is able raise his game to another level like Fitz used to

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI Hop is listed on the injury list with a hamstring but there's speculation he's fine they're just giving him the veteran day off and decided to put hamstring down.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. Fitz at his peak was better than hop. And I’m a big hop fan.

I would agree. Hop is great not sure he's ever been as great as Larry at peak but pretty close. The one thing that really impressed me is if you look at his first few years before they got a franchise QB he put up big numbers year after year with mediocre QB's that changed yearly.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FYI Hop is listed on the injury list with a hamstring but there's speculation he's fine they're just giving him the veteran day off and decided to put hamstring down.
I believe he’s had a hamstring issue since week 2. He was a game-time decision against Jacksonville with it. I wonder if it’s still lingering after games and they’re being careful.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he’s had a hamstring issue since week 2. He was a game-time decision against Jacksonville with it. I wonder if it’s still lingering after games and they’re being careful.

I think that was ribs not a hamstring.

He's on my fantasy team he seems to be listed Q every week but this is 2 days in a row not at practice for a thur game. Would not shock me if he's gametime decision.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think that was ribs not a hamstring.

He's on my fantasy team he seems to be listed Q every week but this is 2 days in a row not at practice for a thur game. Would not shock me if he's gametime decision.
You’re right, It was a rib issue. I think he’ll be okay this week having finished last weeks game, but soft tissue injuries are always something to monitor.