OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
PFF ranks Cardinals’ DeAndre Hopkins a top-20 player in the NFL
New team. New quarterback. Same old dominant performances from DeAndre Hopkins. His signature play was a phenomenal catch on a Hail Mary where he outjumped multiple defenders to come down with an improbable touchdown, but Hopkins was also the second-leading receiver in the league in terms of yardage and generated 2.25 yards per route run despite a very predictable alignment pattern and an average depth of target of just 9.0 yards.
PFF ranks Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins a top-20 player in the NFL (arizonasports.com)

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The DeAndre Hopkins Trade Was The Worst NFL Trade Of This Millennium
The Texans once found themselves up 24-0 against the Kansas City Chiefs in the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs at Arrowhead Stadium. Kansas City gifted them a muffed punt and a blocked punt. A fake wide receiver screen turned into a wide open touchdown to give Houston three scores. After a COWARDLY decision on fourth down, everything unraveled. The Chiefs scored 41 straight points. The Texans failed to reach another conference championship game.

In the offseason afterwards, the Texans added only Eric Murray in free agency to a defense that gave up 51 points that January. They turned DeAndre Hopkins into David Johnson and Brandin Cooks and a pick swap that led to Ross Blacklock. This was their grand idea to improve the team to get past that existential hurdle.

It failed. Houston started off 0-4, largely due to their offensive red zone woes, Bill O’Brien was fired, and in came Romeo Crennel, the further entrenchment of Jack Easterby, and a continual drop to a bottom that doesn’t exist.

The DeAndre Hopkins Trade Was The Worst NFL Trade Of This Millennium - Battle Red Blog

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As good as he was last year, I’m expecting he’ll be even better this season. There were many times when he and K1 were not on the same page. Their comfort level after another year together could make for a really crazy great season.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's a great player, but Ima need to see some Fitz-level playoff performances before I get all crazy.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its crazy he produced what he produced being lined up to one side of the field

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of the terms that gets thrown around in wide receiver evaluation is “winning at the catch point.” Now, you might think you know where I am going with this, as that trait is certainly a calling card with DeAndre Hopkins. But no, I am not talking about the Hail Murray play in Arizona’s win over the Buffalo Bills.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So happy for 2 reasons, 1st one is obvious and the 2nd is that it wasn't Metcalf running down Buhda.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree. I'm not sure why they didn't throw his way more against Minny. Not sure if they were trying to show Peterson more respect by staying away from his side but we know that would have been the side to attack more.
I think he only had 4 targets, which is a crime.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. I'm not sure why they didn't throw his way more against Minny. Not sure if they were trying to show Peterson more respect by staying away from his side but we know that would have been the side to attack more.
There is some speculation that he may have been hurt in the first quarter/half which could have limited his targets later in the game. He just missed a practice and was listed on the injury report for "ribs." Hopefully, he just got a little banged up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I will say that the one large takeaway that I have had about the Vikings win is that we were able to beat a pretty good team with Hopkins having a very average day of production. Does show some growth in the offense.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is some speculation that he may have been hurt in the first quarter/half which could have limited his targets later in the game. He just missed a practice and was listed on the injury report for "ribs." Hopefully, he just got a little banged up.
I don’t think he was hurt. I was at the game and keyed on him multiple times because I was looking forward to him schooling Peterson. There were several times where he was noticeably upset about the ball not going his direction on failed 3rd down sequences. I think the play calling was deliberately staying away from that side, which IMO is not good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave