The Curtain Falls

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing but love here Harry, I didnt always agree but IMO you always made this a great site to get info with great knowledge that's all I ask as a fan

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your contributions to the board Harry!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was here 15 years ago....when I returned this year Harry the legend remained.....we will miss you man.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm very sad right now. Thanks for all you insights and yes please drop in every now and again. Enjoy your "full" retirement, you have earned it.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Always enjoyed your posts Harry! Your knowledge and insight will be missed. Take care and enjoy your retirement!

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Though I joined in 2014, I've been skulking around here since the rivals days. That said, I've always read your posts and agreed with nearly all of them, even when I didn't want to.

I will miss your posts and hope you come back often to bring us back down to earth. I've been a Cards fan for 52 years and I still need a reality check every now and then. :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Dang Harry don’t quit on us now, you’re knowledge is very much appreciated!

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks for your insight Harry. I always enjoyed your posts.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You will be missed around here Harry. I often disagreed with some of the things you said, but more often than not you've been correct :)

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
First I want to thank everyone who’s said kind words about my contributions. I also want to thank those who’ve challenged me as I think we grow by questioning even things we’re sure we know.

I also want to indicate I am fine, although at 70 that’s a relative assessment. Let me also say, despite invitations, I have not and will not be posting on other NFL boards. I turned down a good paying offer earlier this year to write for an Internet Website, so that won’t be happening either. Also none of this has anything to do with abusive posts. I don’t think they have a place among real fans, but you don’t last as long as I have if you can’t take insults.

This year I got the first pick in the draft right. I got the second pick right. And among other prophecies I was correct about the first OT taken. I made all those calls well before the paid gurus endorsed these players. So I like the idea of going out on top. This was my best job since 2000 when I was hosting a chat on this board’s predecessor and correctly identified the Cards first 3 picks. Mike (the guy who brought me to this site) was in the press room at Cardinal headquarters and that result led to significantly increased paid talent evaluation opportunities for me. He said the room went wild when we hit on the third one. I was doing some evals before that but this event opened other doors.

Also though they’ll never know I’d like to thank Rivals of which this board was once part. That exposure led to me getting to know other key people like Dave Te.

Those of you old timers who send me emails, I must tell you I won’t be answering those questions any longer; sorry. A clean break is better.

Since I’m not passing away you may see me at times monitoring the board. I’m going to try to refrain from posting, but I’m still interested in what you folks have to say.

It’s been grand!

Really hate to see you go. Every day, I jump on here hoping to see one of your threads. The place definitely wont be the same with out you, thats for sure.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I could think of while reading Harry’s farewell was this scene from Seinfeld:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dougmo

Veteran
Reaction score
Loved your insight. Thanks for everything you've added to this forum. I'm hoping we'll still see some occasional posts.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Simply, Thank you very much Harry. Enjoy life as much as you can.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I also want to do thank you for your insightful posts and wish you only the best.

jason_0891

Reaction score
Take care Harry! I don't post much but have enjoyed reading yours for years. I can't believe some of us have been talking Cards for decades together. I remember the Rivals board but wasn't their one or two before that also?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All the best to you. You were a great source of information and were always respectful.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go. Hoping you have a little Brett Favre in you and waffle on this for a while.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave