The Coyotes road to the 2011-2012 Stanley Cup season thread

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Following a loss at home to Philly (blow out!), the Yotes win again in Chicago. It wasn't as dominating as 6 days ago, but 2 points is 2 points as OEL and Vrbata score in the shootout and the Yotes take it 4-3.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:yotes:

Attachments

• Mike Smith.jpg
    Mike Smith.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 46

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
tough OT loss in a hard fought game against Boston ..... although one positive in this loss was that the hockey world got to rejoice, if only for a minute, when Raffi Torres received a big bowl of comeuppance to go with a bloodied face from Adam McQuaid .... he's only due about 100-200 more of those

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to get a winning streak going. Btw, Bryz has been benched Philly. He is a very expensive backup.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Its the universe!

If you havent watched 24/7 this season it is good ...... goalies are an odd bunch

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Smith does not come back soon, the Coyotes will be quickly buried. Labarbera just isn't a starting calibre goaltender and the team isn't strong enough to cover for that.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, Doan gets his first hat trick as he scores his third goal with no time left. By the way, the Coyotes won 5-1 over the Islanders.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, Doan gets his first hat trick as he scores his third goal with no time left. By the way, the Coyotes won 5-1 over the Islanders.
I had tears in my eyes in that moment. I was so happy for him and the team. I sure hope they are able to stay in the valley. I don't live in the valley any longer so I can't do much to support them other than catch every game that I can.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had tears in my eyes in that moment. I was so happy for him and the team. I sure hope they are able to stay in the valley. I don't live in the valley any longer so I can't do much to support them other than catch every game that I can.

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling this will be their last year in Arizona. They don't have the big fan support and there are no local people who want to buy them. My gut says they will be in Canada next year.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes and Rangers are heading to a shootout. Smith made an unbelievable stop on a penalty shot in overtime.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes lose in the shootout 2-1. They had their chances to win it but getting one point on the road at MSG is better than nothing.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate Detroit. The Coyotes blow a 2-1 lead and lose in a shootout..

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Coyotes lose to Detroit again, this time in a shootout. They are one of the worst teams when it comes to the shootout.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Coyotes are starting to show some life as they have beaten the two teams they don't like in the past 48 hours, Detroit and Dallas.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The Coyotes are starting to show some life as they have beaten the two teams they don't like in the past 48 hours, Detroit and Dallas.

I hope there is some momentum building. Good wins in the past few days will hopefully be the beginning of a long streak like they've had in the past couple seasons.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
definitely a strong 3 games for the yotes ... all wins were convincing - 2 of which came against division winners and the third against a division opponent that while now behind them still has games in hand (not to mention the yotes have left points on the table against them this year)

very needed as well - puts them back in the thick of the lower end playoff battle - still very congested from LA down to Calgary ...... appears to be a battle of 6 teams fighting for 2 spots ...... the ducks are well behind that pack, but are playing pretty nice right now and could maybe squeeze into the picture

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doan scores on a power play in overtime as the Coyotes beat the Flames 2-1!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes win 3-0 over Chicago as Smith gets the shutout. Big road games this week.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Mixed emotions about the Vancouver game last night. Good to take a point out of there, but tough to see the streak end.

But that shootout goal by Boedker?

:jawdrop:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard