***The Corbin Carroll thread***

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
What is BsR?

"With a stolen base today, Corbin Carroll has accumulated 14.5 BsR in 2023."
I'm right there with you Gimpy. I had to look it up. It is "Base runs (BsR) is a baseball statistic invented by sabermetrician David Smyth to estimate the number of runs a team "should have" scored given their component offensive statistics, as well as the number of runs a hitter or pitcher creates or allows."

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm right there with you Gimpy. I had to look it up. It is "Base runs (BsR) is a baseball statistic invented by sabermetrician David Smyth to estimate the number of runs a team "should have" scored given their component offensive statistics, as well as the number of runs a hitter or pitcher creates or allows."
I'm still confused.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I believe the easy way to look at it is "runs created by being fast". Steals, scoring from 1st and 2nd, that kind of stuff.
I kinda get it. Like if you only could make a single, but you actually stretched it to a double, making it more possible to score form there.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
The rich get richer!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Pitcher, Pitcher, Pitcher with those picks...... Corbin is already underpaid, already the best player on the team. His 2 run homer in the 1st game was the turning point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard