Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Change-Up

Release Date: August 5, 2011
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: David Dobkin
Screenwriter: Jon Lucas, Scott Moore
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for pervasive strong crude sexual content and language, some graphic nudity and drug use)

Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Jason Bateman, Leslie Mann, Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin

Plot Summary: Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman star in "The Change-Up," from director David Dobkin ("Wedding Crashers"), writers Jon Lucas & Scott Moore ("The Hangover") and producer Neal Moritz ("Fast & Furious," "Click"). The R-rated comedy takes the traditional body-switching movie, ties it up tightly and throws it off a cliff.

Growing up together, Mitch (Reynolds) and Dave (Bateman) were inseparable best friends, but as the years have passed they've slowly drifted apart. While Dave is an overworked lawyer, husband and father of three, Mitch has remained a single, quasi-employed man-child who has never met a responsibility he liked. To Mitch, Dave has it all: beautiful wife Jamie (Leslie Mann), kids who adore him and a high-paying job at a prestigious law firm. To Dave, living Mitch's stress free life without obligation or consequence would be a dream come true.

Following a drunken night out together, Mitch and Dave's worlds are turned upside down when they wake up in each other's bodies and proceed to freak the &*#@ out.

Despite the freedom from their normal routines and habits, the guys soon discover that each other's lives are nowhere near as rosy as they once seemed. Further complicating matters are Dave's sexy legal associate, Sabrina (Olivia Wilde), and Mitch's estranged father (Alan Arkin). With time not on their side, Mitch and Dave comically struggle to avoid completely destroying each other's lives before they can find a way to get their old ones back.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the world did no one ever think up this movie premise before. Oh, wait...

I still want to see it. Both Reynolds and Bateman crack me up.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the world did no one ever think up this movie premise before. Oh, wait...

I still want to see it. Both Reynolds and Bateman crack me up.

I first saw the trailer for this when I saw Bridesmaids. I actually laughed harder at the trailer than I did for anything in Bridesmaids. Then again I thought Bridesmaids was totally overrated.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a fun movie even though the premise has been done many times over. Much more adult and raunchier then any of the other for sure. Bateman and Reynolds played off each other well....

And Im all for ANY movie I get to see Leslie Mann and Olivia Wilde naked in:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It was a good popcorn comedy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard