The Big Summer of 2012

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would be good with signing Hickson if he won't break the bank. I would like to see PHX go after Jason Thompson but supposedly SAC is making him their top priority despite taking Thomas Robinson in the draft. Both would be upgrades over Kieff. Allen will sign with MIA, hopefully some other team saves Babby from himself and signs Crawford before he can.

Also if BKYN signs Deron Williams and Jason Kidd as expected, hopefully PHX can trade Nash to TOR for Jerryd Bayless or Calderon before DAL swoops in and signs him.

I would hate for PHX to sign Mayo although BOS seems to be a logical destination for him. The guy cannot shoot (just above 40%) last year and would require too much money to sign.

PHX needs to go for young, cheap talent to facilitate the rebuilding process.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Taking Calderon wouldn't be so bad since he is expiring but Toronto would have to give us a first round pick in return because we would do them a huge favor taking Calderon so that they have additional cap space.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Toronto already said their going to amnesty Calderon.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JaVale McGee is a RFA. Any interest?

This guy is probably the biggest knucklehead in the league. Has a lot of talent but has too many mental lapses and makes too many boneheaded and really weird mistakes to give a large contract to. DEN made a huge mistake trading Nene for that guy even if Nene was overpaid.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy is probably the biggest knucklehead in the league. Has a lot of talent but has too many mental lapses and makes too many boneheaded and really weird mistakes to give a large contract to. DEN made a huge mistake trading Nene for that guy even if Nene was overpaid.

I wouldn't mind McGee and would give him some pretty decent money if we had some strong veteran leadership here. I don't think it would be a good idea to bring him onto a young team, especially one that will probably struggle. He has upside out the ying-yang though... probably as much as any big man in the league.

I just can't imagine we could get him without overpaying by quite a bit. I would think Denver would match anything fair, and if they didn't I would start worrying immediately about just how big a knucklehead he actually is.

Joe

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would be good with signing Hickson if he won't break the bank.
PHX needs to go for young, cheap talent to facilitate the rebuilding process.
+1
Take flyers on young prospects based on potential. Don't mortage anything at this point. Suns need $$$ flexibility and a top 3 pick in next years draft in the worst way. Just give the car keys to Marshall,maybe sign one quality FA and let it ride.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
+1
Take flyers on young prospects based on potential. Don't mortage anything at this point. Suns need $$$ flexibility and a top 3 pick in next years draft in the worst way. Just give the car keys to Marshall,maybe sign one quality FA and let it ride.

Sounds good to me. I'd be fine signing guys like Beasley and Gerald Green to short term prove it deals. Jason Thompson or Hickson would be fine as well.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns plan on keeping Lopez. The talk of matching is by Babby is just posturing. We're looking at Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill. My guess is that we want to work a sign and trade to get something in return for him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hill seems like a nice active guy, much like Lou, he'd provide a spark off the bench. Seems like an upgrade to me at the reserve center position.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind McGee and would give him some pretty decent money if we had some strong veteran leadership here. I don't think it would be a good idea to bring him onto a young team, especially one that will probably struggle. He has upside out the ying-yang though... probably as much as any big man in the league.

I just can't imagine we could get him without overpaying by quite a bit. I would think Denver would match anything fair, and if they didn't I would start worrying immediately about just how big a knucklehead he actually is.

Joe

That is one hell of a gamble with a possible $60M, particularly when the red flags are all over the place. If Nash & Hill leave who are his mentors going to be, Frye? Gortat? Dudley? None of those guys are leaders.