The best way to send a message to the biased local media.

Redalert

Reaction score
The best thing we can do to make a statement is to hit them were it hurts.
These are the things I suggest we do.

1. Stop subscriptions to the local papers.
2. I suggest we post on this thread the companies that pay for advertising on radio shows, television stations and Local Newspapers that constantly bash the Cardinals and there fans. We should also post who the advertiser supports.
3. Stop buying products from companies that advertise on radio stations,Television and in local newspapers that constatly slam the Cardinals and there Fans.
4. From what I hear on the radio 80% of the calls are people that want to talk about football. I suggest we stop calling the radio shows that disrespect the local fans that support the Cardinals. Could you imagine if all the calls to Dickley and Bilechi were about the diamondbacks and the Suns for 4 hours.

P.S. I can understand bashing the Cardinals when they disagree with decisions that are made. I am talking about the local media that never gives the team any credit for doing anything right and treats the fans that supports the Cardinals like dirt.If we really want to get informative and objective media in AZ then this would be a good place to start. If anyone has any other suggestion and/or would like to post some of the advertisers and who they support feel free to join me.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But seriously guys, have you ssen Bickley's wife? LOL!

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is they way to go, back in the day it was called "taking it to the streets" We can throw a plethera of e-mails to his boss and or lover Paula.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DAMN RACOON! You totally stole my joke, I've been working it up for weeks! LOL! :raccoon:

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I have a question for the people critical of local media. I do not live in Phoenix do read the Republic when time permits but have no real opinion regarding the Republic and no experience with any other Phoenix media.

I do have a question that is not intended to start an arguement. I am curious aboput peoples opinion on this topic. Do you consider it bashing to question the value of a player who has not yet played a down for the Cardinals (a troubled franchise) has had his struggles recently? Do you consider that bashing? If you consider that bashing and your boycott achieves its results would that turn all local media into totaly uncritical cheer leaders for fear of losing their jobs? I ask these questions because I think national media has been far too frequently cheerleaders of the federal govt in recent years and not a functioning critic. Do we want our media to print only things we want to see and become cheer leaders for the establishment? It concerns me that so many people I know only want to hear news from their source (talk radio) they like and will not even consider news from other sources that does not fit into their belief system.

Last edited:

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would just like an objective media. i am the biggest Cards fan I know, but I am the first to get pissed when they lay an egg, but when it's obvious they have a plan and we are attracting free agents and not letting them get away for the first time since I can remember then they should write something positive. Even the national media, who think of the cards as a joke are giving us major kudos, what's wrong with our bumbling idiot media. It's obvious that they have something against Green because he's not as open as Mac and they can't get the same inside scoops they are used to. They need to stop with the crap and report what's really going on.

OP
OP
Redalert

Redalert

Reaction score
I don't want the media to constantly support the Cardinals. I just want them to be given credit when it is due. My main complaint is with the AZ Republic, Channel 12 and with Dan Bickley and Mike Jurecki. There are many in the local media that bash the Cards but give them credit when it is due.
i.e. Last week Bickley and Jurecki were all over the Cardinals for not being active in free agency and inept. When they are proven wrong this week instead of saying the Cards have been proactive.They write a story bashing the front office for signing the wrong people and these are the same old Cards. Whether you like the signings or not you have to admit the Cards have been pro active in free agency.
As far as the AZ Republic is concerned. They are totally biased to the Suns and Diamondbacks. They have made a financial investment with the Diamondbacks and have a partnership with channel 12. If I want to read an article about the Cardinals in the Republic I stay from the back of the sports page. I have lived in AZ my whole and it's taken me 38yrs to get to this point. I totally understand what you are saying about not being critical. I guess you have to see and read it to beleive it.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Who cares. Winning is the only way we get respect. Win and we get them off our backs and they will start kissing the Cards behind.

OP
OP
Redalert

Redalert

Reaction score
I think it's obvious that Bickley and Jurecki have a personal grudge against the Cards.
My whole point is we deserve better. We are a big market with 4 major sports. We deserve honest and objective reporting instead of this childish behavior by piss poor journalists.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose