The Batman (2022)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrong. :)

I don't see why this has to be MTV-edited action fest. It's the state of the audience I guess.

Idk Bud it seems like your on the wrong side of this one.

It really wasn’t that good just cliche after cliche and way to long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Idk Bud it seems like your on the wrong side of this one.

It really wasn’t that good just cliche after cliche and way to long.
You’re not going to win this argument with me. “Bud.”

It could have been shorter but I didn’t feel the length of it like you guys did.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re not going to win this argument with me. “Bud.”

It could have been shorter but I didn’t feel the length of it like you guys did.

No ones really arguing

My favorite part was when Batman figured everything out and saved the day. Super refreshing take on a 60 year old franchise

My second favorite was when the mayor got shot and everyone thought she was dead but then she wasn’t

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Goonies, Neverending Story, and a few others from that era are just all bad now.
I actually saw goonies for the first time I few years ago at a Tuesday night classic. I was surprised how much I liked it.

In that same vein, I saw Hocus Pocus, and was appalled at how bad it was. I just pretended I had diarrhea and made the family leave.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually saw goonies for the first time I few years ago at a Tuesday night classic. I was surprised how much I liked it.

In that same vein, I saw Hocus Pocus, and was appalled at how bad it was. I just pretended I had diarrhea and made the family leave.
We watched Ghostbusters and Goonies when they first came out. Our son was 8 (and then 9 for Goonies) and he loved both movies, so even though we didn't feel quite the same about them they still have nostalgic value for us. We saw Hocus Pocus almost a decade later and it was without our son so there was no saving it. It was just weak, start to finish, despite a solid cast.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong. :)

I don't see why this has to be MTV-edited action fest. It's the state of the audience I guess.
Not sure anyone said that or intimated that? Pretty sure Stout isn’t your typical “MTV-edited action fest-fan.” It’s a 3 hour movie. That’s longer than The Godfather. This story wasn’t grand or operatic enough to justify that length, IMO.

Also, in rewatching, Batman literally fails at pretty much EVERYTHING in the movie. The more I watch of it, the less I like it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did anyone say that or intimate that? Pretty sure Stout isn’t your typical “MTV-edited action fest-fan.” It’s a 3 hour movie. That’s longer than The Godfather. This story wasn’t grand or operatic enough to justify that length, IMO.

Also, in rewatching, Batman literally fails at pretty much EVERYTHING in the movie. The more I watch of it, the less I like it.
Then stop watching it. LOL

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No ones really arguing

My favorite part was when Batman figured everything out and saved the day. Super refreshing take on a 60 year old franchise

My second favorite was when the mayor got shot and everyone thought she was dead but then she wasn’t
Crazy thing about this one is that this didn’t really even happen. The entire city got destroyed. Who knows how many people died outside of Gotham Square Garden.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Liked that Batman was kinda more human wearing armor.

Bruce Wayne was awful

Penguin good

Almost everything else really bad. Gotham, the feel, etc all just felt like a rewind of every other Batman.

Hated the batmobile - I mean I hated the freaking batmobile. That says everything.

Too long. And frankly boring.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Adam West infused The Batman trailer is amazing… and infinitely more entertaining than that 3 hour slog:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This Adam West infused The Batman trailer is amazing… and infinitely more entertaining than that 3 hour slog:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The scene where the machine guns are providing the lighting there is the best!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this last night.
I was surprised.

It was good. Actually very interesting.
I really enjoyed the nods back to True Detective comics and the old batman TV series.
It was kinda "Steampunk Noir" in its presentation.

The only real issue I had was with Emo Bruce.

P.S.
Catwoman was hot as FU...dge
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. It all worked for me. My 2nd favorite. My biggest issue was by far the portrayal of Bruce. I mean who couldn't guess he is Batman with that portrayal.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. It all worked for me. My 2nd favorite. My biggest issue was by far the portrayal of Bruce. I mean who couldn't guess he is Batman with that portrayal.

Agreed. A bit baffling that Bruce was able to keep his identity secret. Heck a film though.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was ok in some parts because I do love me some Batman, but overall, I doubt I would sit through it again.

Bruce Wayne was bad. Fortunately, it was a small amount of that. Catwoman on the other hand, meeeeowww!

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just watched this. What a snooze fest. I mean, I dug the noir/detective vibes but man this movie was slow and a lot longer than it needed to be.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched this again on the plane and this is now my 2nd favorite non animated Batman movie after TDK. The Riddler is an amazing indictment of current society. We get an actual Batman movie, not a Batman villian movie.

I see all the negative comments above but this was very close to the top notch animated Batman movies. I really hope we get a sequel

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I watched this again on the plane and this is now my 2nd favorite non animated Batman movie after TDK. The Riddler is an amazing indictment of current society. We get an actual Batman movie, not a Batman villian movie.

I see all the negative comments above but this was very close to the top notch animated Batman movies. I really hope we get a sequel
:shock:

Roughly akin to my Thor: Ragnarok take :D