The Ayton Plan

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm an old timer. No way would the players of my area; Bill Russell, Willis Reed, Wilt Chamberlain sit out a must win playoff game with a rib type injury. They knew how to play hurt as they wanted to win.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point, it’s a blessing.

If I am the trainer, I would have been like “Are you sure you think you might be able to play? I bet that hurts pretty bad.”

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can tell his teammates are getting frustrated with him, especially Booker. Booker knows his title window is limited and Ayton not taking it as serious as him is the main reason I think PHX trades him. Booker is going to want another star to help him and KD and he knows that star is not Ayton. Ishbia knows he needs to keep Booker happy and its just another reason to justify getting rid of him. Hopefully whoever is GM will be able to land some pieces that will help extend title window.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You can tell his teammates are getting frustrated with him, especially Booker. Booker knows his title window is limited and Ayton not taking it as serious as him is the main reason I think PHX trades him. Booker is going to want another star to help him and KD and he knows that star is not Ayton. Ishbia knows he needs to keep Booker happy and its just another reason to justify getting rid of him. Hopefully whoever is GM will be able to land some pieces that will help extend title window.
Trying to navigate the Monty/Ayton/CP situation is a mighty tightrope. Personally, I'm ready to move on from all 3 if possible. Getting a useful return and finding a way to make it all work under the cap will determine what we'll be moving forward. (Hate talking like this season is in the past, but I'm not feeling too great about our chances tonight, and in the event of a game 7)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm an old timer. No way would the players of my area; Bill Russell, Willis Reed, Wilt Chamberlain sit out a must win playoff game with a rib type injury. They knew how to play hurt as they wanted to win.
Spot on.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
100% serious request. Since the NFL draft.... It has become clear to me that we need a thread pinned to the top that we can go to when we need to cuss about this weak ass basketball player.
:yeahthat:

I am still waiting.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think he's still a positive trade asset. His contract isn't that bad, and he can be a useful player on a team that doesn't have championship aspirations. I think the Suns have played his situation relatively well. They couldn't let him go for nothing, and they wanted to see whether he could bounce back from last year. He didn't, but they secured the asset and are in a decent position to move on.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If he still has value than I am completely fine with trading him. However, if his value is low and we move on from Monty than I think it is worth seeing how he performs under a different coach. He has been playing like a guy that is unhappy with his situation and maybe a new coach changes that. :shrug:

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think he's still a positive trade asset. His contract isn't that bad, and he can be a useful player on a team that doesn't have championship aspirations. I think the Suns have played his situation relatively well. They couldn't let him go for nothing, and they wanted to see whether he could bounce back from last year. He didn't, but they secured the asset and are in a decent position to move on.
I agree. He can still be moved for some positive assets. I just hope James Jones and Monty won't be the ones making that call, or they'll probably let Ayton rot until the market dwindles to nothing just to teach him a lesson.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If he still has value than I am completely fine with trading him. However, if his value is low and we move on from Monty than I think it is worth seeing how he performs under a different coach. He has been playing like a guy that is unhappy with his situation and maybe a new coach changes that. :shrug:

I dont think Ayton wants to be on a team where he’s no better than the third option on offense. The ship has sailed for Ayton being a player of significance in Phoenix.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Maybe, but the problem could have more to do with how he's being utilized than just how many shots he's getting.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe it's time for someone to open an 'offseason discussion' thread, but for Ayton, he must go and I believe there are teams out there that'd value him more than we do. He sets good picks and really need a great-passing PG to be more effective. Pacers, Dallas, Altanta are all maybes.