The Ayton Plan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a more than reasonable ask, in fact I don't think that is really enough

I'm surprised the Pacers didn't do it. Maybe the offer sheet was only for their fans.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So does this mean we aren’t crippled since he didn’t sign for 5 years?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bobby Marks breaks down the Suns matching the Pacers offer sheet for Ayton and where it leaves Phoenix concerning trading for Durant.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Surprised he didn’t include Len, Bender, Chriss, Ennis and JJ in that pic…
-
Well maybe if you didn't suck so much as an NBA executive, you wouldn't be working at Red Lobster.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this was a long road to a good result. The Suns thought he was a four-year max and Ayton found out that only one other team could/would make that happen. If he were a superstar Detroit doesn’t drop out as soon as they have a good draft. But now Ayton has max money and a limited no-trade clause in case the Suns are still shopping him. Everyone should be satisfied and get back to work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, great news no option or trade bonus in Ayton's contract.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Again, great news no option or trade bonus in Ayton's contract.

That was so stupid on Duffy and Indianas part. I would’ve poison pilled the **** out of that offer sheet

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was so stupid on Duffy and Indianas part. I would’ve poison pilled the **** out of that offer sheet
It seems Indiana did not really want him that badly. No poison pills in the offer sheet, and no interest in a sign and trade when the suns were basically only asking for 2 first round picks says they really don't think that highly of him to me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Duffy has been an idiot throughout DA's entire extension ordeal. He refused to come to the table to negotiate last off season since he made the "5 year max" demand. He's made some weird comments throughout at odd times and I think he cost Ayton some cash, ultimately. The whole contract situation has hurt DA's perception as well and I'd put that on Duffy as well.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both centers
Defensive rating

Rebounds

Blocks

This year salary

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems Indiana did not really want him that badly. No poison pills in the offer sheet, and no interest in a sign and trade when the suns were basically only asking for 2 first round picks says they really don't think that highly of him to me.

There were reports even before yesterday that indianas owner is this really nice guy who doesn’t break company line when it comes to dealing with other owners.

It’s been reported that Phoenix had no interest in a sign and trade with Indy and that they told everyone in the league they were gonna match.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Indiana went after Ayton mostly for their fans to show they were making a sincere effort to rebuild.

They knew the Suns would likely match and they didn't want to alienate them as a future trade partner. They had good dealings with them in the past.

Ayton wanted a max contract and Duffy got him one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would be prone to believe that but then why sign the guy? I mean it was still a max contract they were going to give up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson