The Ayton Plan

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we need a "starting" center. Center by committee would work if we can shore up the other two positions IMO.

I prefer the Suns shore up the other positions as a priority as well. If the Suns could acquire a power forward, he might play some center.

When I talk about a starting center I'm talking about a Rachaun Holmes type player.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I prefer the Suns shore up the other positions as a priority as well. If the Suns could acquire a power forward he might play some center.

When I talk about a starting center I'm talking about a Rachaun Holmes type player.

Small ball works if you have the shooters and we don’t

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we need a "starting" center. Center by committee would work if we can shore up the other two positions IMO.
I mean, I mostly agree we can get away with it.

But if we are trading Ayton for the Nets pile of crap there is no way we are not a worse team - by a lot. He has to return at least one potential all star, or its a failed trade in my book.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole look at the championship teams center thing is a BS argument

They didn’t need to pay a center because they had legit great players at other positions. We don’t have that.

So you lose Ayton for role players making less just closes your window foreal.
Who brought that up? Not me. My stance is this is not a league dominated by centers. I am assuming that we shore up two positions PF and Guard. I never said anything about trading Ayton for crap players.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who brought that up? Not me. My stance is this is not a league dominated by centers. I am assuming that we shore up two positions PF and Guard. I never said anything about trading Ayton for crap players.

Never said you said that. Just stating my opinion

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah - the exact same can be said for Ayton, but Ayton is the better player. I would rather keep him.

I think we all agree but the Suns FO is making the decisions. At least the Suns would have a starting power forward.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

38:20 suns talk starts

Windy saying keep an eye on the T-Wolves. There gonna be shopping DLO

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Minnesota doesn't have much to offer except D'Angelo Russell who is on an expiring contract.

Myles Turner is not attractive without something else attached. He is an expiring contract as well.

Now we are back to dealing with the Spurs. At least they have a boatload of first round picks.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What idiot would consider pairing KAT and Ayton?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minnesota doesn't have much to offer except D'Angelo Russell who is on an expiring contract.

Myles Turner is not attractive without something else attached. He is an expiring contract as well.

Now we are back to dealing with the Spurs. At least they have a boatload of first round picks.
Except you do that you are basically admitting you are no longer contending and might as well trade CP3, Booker and start all over. Everybody and their brother knows this roster has to get better. Dealing with the Spurs does the opposite. UGH. I really hate this offseason so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except you do that you are basically admitting you are no longer contending and might as well trade CP3, Booker and start all over. Everybody and their brother knows this roster has to get better. Dealing with the Spurs does the opposite. UGH. I really hate this offseason so far.
lol... just wait till it actually gets started!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Suns get a few first round picks from the Spurs, I'm going to think there may be some truth to the Durant trade rumor.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the postseason debacle showed the real Suns, we're already finished. I think it would take a major reworking to fix that mess. But if that performance was a one off (for whatever reason), bringing that team back nearly intact is probably our best bet. Minor improvements at the power forward and backup guard spot would be nice though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the postseason debacle showed the real Suns, we're already finished. I think it would take a major reworking to fix that mess. But if that performance was a one off (for whatever reason), bringing that team back nearly intact is probably our best bet. Minor improvements at the power forward and backup guard spot would be nice though.
Booker would definitely want out if we call it that's for sure. After losing for so long, getting a taste of the Finals and playoffs? He is not going through another rebuild with the Suns. Outside us getting KG? I am with you. Resign Ayton and try and run it back. Get creative with our other assets and fill either the PF or back guard spot. I don't think we can do both without moving Ayton.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns get a few first round picks from the Spurs, I'm going to think there may be some truth to the Durant trade rumor.
Durant still hasn't spoken to the Nets as far as we can tell so it can't be true. Doesn't mean we can't still go after him once he does. However, specifically what scenario where you thinking? What goes to the Spurs, Suns and Nets in your scenario?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant still hasn't spoken to the Nets as far as we can tell so it can't be true. Doesn't mean we can't still go after him once he does. However, specifically what scenario where you thinking? What goes to the Spurs, Suns and Nets in your scenario?

In regard to the Nets, I was thinking the Suns trade expiring contracts, a player like Bridges and several first round draft picks if Durant was available.

He would almost have to demand to be traded to the Suns. It's a long shot.

Regarding the Spurs, the Suns would hypothetically be trading Ayton to the Spurs for a combination of a first round pick(s), Jakob Poeltl and a player like Vassell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose