The Arizona Cardinals: Mitch's 2013 Draft Preview

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very good and informative write up Mitch.

If my memory serves (it is hit or miss) the Cards have drafted players they haven't had in for visits so one can't fully bank of those. Plus if a player visits I'm sure some of those face to face meetings result in the Cards taking that player off their board. It is good to see who has visited so thanks for that info.

I agree that BA wants a TE & Blazer at WR. I'm sure he has a RB or two he has his eye on as well. This is why I'm thrilled with the promotion of Keim to GM, he will keep BA from shopping for deserts before the main meal is chosen.

BA does want chunk yardage and now has a QB that can get the job done, if said QB has time in the pocket. I don't think the Oline is as bad as Rugby suggests but it does need an upgrade and I don't think "coaching up" the current group will be enough.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Vaccaro to me is a physical safety, and plays the game old school style but I do not think his game would translate well to how the NFL now uses the safety in a more pass coverage role. His play is in the style of Adrian Wilson but he is not as athletic as Wilson. I think he is second round talent, where he will be drafted is beyond me and could go in the first for sure but I do not think he warrants that high of a pick...dude is not a playmaker as in interceptions, not a ballhawk.

Okafor to me is first round talent and will be a steal for someone in the second if he lasts that long. If one watched UT's entire season, one cannot deny his talent. I personally think he is an elite player who was on a subpar line which had a soft underbelly and could not stop a rush up the gut. It is hard to be a feared pass rusher when your worrying about the weakness around you in your fellow DL. If turned loose, he will be a star.

As I said, Goodwin is insane fast and can do something which most speedsters cannot, he can track a ball over his shoulder and catch it. That type of player is a luxury pick for most and I do not see him ever really excelling in a slot WR position. I will say this. There have been a lot of speed demons in drafts before which lacked his catching ability and have gone in the early rounds. I would not be shocked if he was drafted as soon as the second round...speed is valued in the NFL and he is blessed with it :)

Okafor really disappointed in the one-on-one drills at the Senior Bowl. Just got through watching them again---and he got handled farily easily by Fisher, Johnson, Quessenberry and Wagner.

Roy---what about the DE Jeffcoat? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Okafor really disappointed in the one-on-one drills at the Senior Bowl. Just got through watching them again---and he got handled farily easily by Fisher, Johnson, Quessenberry and Wagner.

Roy---what about the DE Jeffcoat? What are your thoughts?

I expected more of Jeffcoat so far and have been a little disappointed with the guy (and that is because he was expected to be a monster of a player, and looking at his ability one should expect that)...personally I question his football smarts a tad in the system UT has him in but he is loaded with freakish talent. He just seems raw to me and needs more polish on his game, just my opinion

Last edited: