The Annual "Potential Players Available for Trade" Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People looking for a TE and a CB. I can why we'd want a CB, because it seems that we're very thin after the top three. But I can't see the need for a TE as our receiving core is very talented. In fantasy fb you need a TE but not in the NFL. JMO.

We have 2 on the field at a very high rate. Imagine what a threat they would be if they were athletic and could catch with only linebackers available to cover them.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
People looking for a TE and a CB. I can why we'd want a CB, because it seems that we're very thin after the top three. But I can't see the need for a TE as our receiving core is very talented. In fantasy fb you need a TE but not in the NFL. JMO.
Maxx Williams played the same amount of snaps last game as AJ Green.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards should trade a conditional 3rd round pick for Saquon Barkley.

He would do very well in Kliffs offense
They were discussing him on the radio this morning.. analyzing his post game comments. Even though he's been cleared to play, they inferred that he doesn't trust his knee yet and was running tentatively... Doesn't bode well for the Giants if that's the case. Just talking heads so take from it what you will.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would you trade a 1 for Quinnen Williams at the deadline?

I think so. It would be nice to get something like a 3rd back as well.

If he could be had for a 2nd and 3rd I would do it all day long.

1st round picks are tough to give up because of that possible 5th relatively inexpensive year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Would you trade a 1 for Quinnen Williams at the deadline?
Depends. If the Cardinals are playing well close to the trade deadline, absolutely.

Adding Williams to their already strong front seven would make them absolutely stacked.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Depends. If the Cardinals are playing well close to the trade deadline, absolutely.

Adding Williams to their already strong front seven would make them absolutely stacked.

Anther reason I think I would is because this sounds exactly like a move Seattle will make at the deadline. They will trade a 1st for him and we will kick ourselves.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Anther reason I think I would is because this sounds exactly like a move Seattle will make at the deadline. They will trade a 1st for him and we will kick ourselves.
I think that's a move you make if you look like you can make a strong playoff run because of future salary cap implications. He will be up for a big extension the same year as Murray.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They were discussing him on the radio this morning.. analyzing his post game comments. Even though he's been cleared to play, they inferred that he doesn't trust his knee yet and was running tentatively... Doesn't bode well for the Giants if that's the case. Just talking heads so take from it what you will.

He will need a whole season at least

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Add this name: Mike Gesicki - TE - Dolphins

to my not likely but I think he would be a great fit and possibly be available.

Dolphins have shown a willingness to move on from players and he is a FA next year. He shouldn't cost much and their WR depth should lead to him having a smaller role. Dude is a freak athlete and brings great size even if he is not a very good blocker. Think more athletic Dan Arnold. He has never fit the Dolphins offensive scheme.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Add this name: Mike Gesicki - TE - Dolphins

to my not likely but I think he would be a great fit and possibly be available.

Dolphins have shown a willingness to move on from players and he is a FA next year. He shouldn't cost much and their WR depth should lead to him having a smaller role. Dude is a freak athlete and brings great size even if he is not a very good blocker. Think more athletic Dan Arnold. He has never fit the Dolphins offensive scheme.

I dunno on that one. He had 703 yards last year in 15 games. Off the top of my head I think that's top 5 TE production.

Anything's possible for the right price, especially with him out of contract but I think they would be dumb to let him go. Good TE's are getting rare. Less and less of them coming out of college. Some whole classes are complete trash.

I wouldn't argue with it though. What do you think it would cost? Because I'm thinking it would take at best a 3rd.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I dunno on that one. He had 703 yards last year in 15 games. Off the top of my head I think that's top 5 TE production.

Anything's possible for the right price, especially with him out of contract but I think they would be dumb to let him go. Good TE's are getting rare. Less and less of them coming out of college. Some whole classes are complete trash.

I wouldn't argue with it though. What do you think it would cost? Because I'm thinking it would take at best a 3rd.
With Devante Parker, Will Fuller, Jaylen Waddle, Albert Wilson, and Preston Williams at WR, I just think the Dolphins are going to continue to reduce Gesicki's pass game use and focus more on his run blocking which is not good. They also have a TE room with Hunter Long and Adam Shaheen who can fill in for what he does for them.

What I know is that the dolphins are getting into a weird spot with Tua. They realize he is limited and focus on improving the defense around him to keep them in games. They have a bad offensive line so having help blockers at TE can be more valuable than having another pass catching option.

Right now, I would offer Devon Kennard for him. I think it hits needs for both teams. Kennard is a professional and is versatile in his ability to play on the edge. If not, the most you are offering for Gesicki would be a 5th. Making the deal early improves the chance the Dolphins would take Kennard. If we wait and they fall out of contention, they may hold out for a pick.

Gesicki should be a prime FA target next year regardless. He fits this offense perfectly.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Devante Parker, Will Fuller, Jaylen Waddle, Albert Wilson, and Preston Williams at WR, I just think the Dolphins are going to continue to reduce Gesicki's pass game use and focus more on his run blocking which is not good. They also have a TE room with Hunter Long and Adam Shaheen who can fill in for what he does for them.

What I know is that the dolphins are getting into a weird spot with Tua. They realize he is limited and focus on improving the defense around him to keep them in games. They have a bad offensive line so having help blockers at TE can be more valuable than having another pass catching option.

Right now, I would offer Devon Kennard for him. I think it hits needs for both teams. Kennard is a professional and is versatile in his ability to play on the edge. If not, the most you are offering for Gesicki would be a 5th. Making the deal early improves the chance the Dolphins would take Kennard. If we wait and they fall out of contention, they may hold out for a pick.

Gesicki should be a prime FA target next year regardless. He fits this offense perfectly.

Much depends on how this team looks by the trade deadline.

It's conceivable that we go into November 5-3 or 6-2. If we look like we could put a strong run together if we fill some holes then I think that's the only way we make any moves. Although Keim has a tendency to fool himself that what he already has is good enough I'm not sure even he can do that at TE.

With Tua now having fractured ribs the Dolphins could the 3-5 at best at the same time. So it's possible.

On saying all that, they have so many receiving options already that TE might be way down his list. I would think iDL might be closer to the top depending on Jordan Philips.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not many teams willing to trade defensive linemen. Grady Jarrett is a maybe. Fletcher Cox as well but I think that division will keep the Eagles in it for a bit.

I also think it is important to see what Lawrence, Allen and Fotu can do over the year. I think we all believe the team will move on from Phillips so best to see if we need to drop big money on another DL or if we can save a bit because we have guys who are developing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not many teams willing to trade defensive linemen. Grady Jarrett is a maybe. Fletcher Cox as well but I think that division will keep the Eagles in it for a bit.

I also think it is important to see what Lawrence, Allen and Fotu can do over the year. I think we all believe the team will move on from Phillips so best to see if we need to drop big money on another DL or if we can save a bit because we have guys who are developing.

The ideal kind of player would be someone like Calais Campbell. He's 35 but still quality and he's FA next year. Sadly, I don't see how the Ravens would let him go as they would be in the hunt.

Maybe someone like Dalvin Tomlinson who doesn't seem to be fitting in very well at the Vikings but is a quality DT and still only 29. It's his first year at the Vikings but if they carry on in this vain and are out of contention they have shown they are willing to move on from guys.

All depends which teams are failing and which are still in the fight really.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think Miami hangs up laughing at kennard offer

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
bump on this

trade deadline is Nov 3, or after week 8.

i think by week 8-- the following teams will know they are out of it:

Pitt
Hou
NYJ
Jax
Det
Atl
NYG

maybe Indy, NE, MIA, Philly

prior to any injuries to current starters, my no. 1 addition would be an interior DL that can disrupt.

so i am looking at guys on those teams in the last year of a contract, guys in their early 30s, etc

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CB Is still a need because we are one injury away from Antonio Hamilton playing a significant role.

Dline would be nice, but I think the rotation we have is solid. We need to get Dogbe more snaps, as well as Fotu.

To go back to earlier in this thread, I would absolutely give up our 1st for Quinnen Williams. He is what we need on the Dline , but I think it would take more than that to get him.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The tough part is that what we need is not really easy to find and the players we would be interested in are old and expensive. Not a ton of options out there better than what we have at a reasonable price.

Akiem Hicks is the guy but I am not sure the Bears are looking to throw in the towel along with the fact that I don't know giving up even more draft picks is the answer.

Cam Heyward is way too expensive.

Larry Ogunjobi was the guy in free agency but now he is on the Bengals and they think they are in it.

Outside of that, Tavan Bryan? Hard to tell what he is at this point.

K'Lavon Chaisson is a guy I might ask about but I don't know about his fit with Vance.

Maybe Javon Hargrave but he will not come cheap.

Grady Jarrett is a great player but I don't think he is built to be a run stuffer.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't believe Q Williams is available or will be. If I am wrong than yes, you would want to kick the tires.

Khalil Mack is interesting but the price would be high IMO.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The tough part is that what we need is not really easy to find and the players we would be interested in are old and expensive. Not a ton of options out there better than what we have at a reasonable price.

Akiem Hicks is the guy but I am not sure the Bears are looking to throw in the towel along with the fact that I don't know giving up even more draft picks is the answer.

Cam Heyward is way too expensive.

Larry Ogunjobi was the guy in free agency but now he is on the Bengals and they think they are in it.

Outside of that, Tavan Bryan? Hard to tell what he is at this point.

K'Lavon Chaisson is a guy I might ask about but I don't know about his fit with Vance.

Maybe Javon Hargrave but he will not come cheap.

Grady Jarrett is a great player but I don't think he is built to be a run stuffer.
I would easily throw a 2nd & 5th for Grady(Atlanta won’t give him up at all or anything less than a 1st though). Would definitely help out the pass rush at least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose