The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think he's a great player finding out how much tougher it is in the playoffs and how much tougher it is when teams are blitzing you soon after you cross halfcourt.

I know I'm biased but the more I watch these playoffs the more impressed I am at how great Steph was in 2022 postseason and regular seasons since, the defense that is bothering Ant so much now, Steph sees almost every game.

Luka is handling it better, in large part because he's seen it before, but also because he also has Kyrie to attack when they double Luka.

Can't say enough how impressed I am with Gafford, I had no idea how good he was until he got to Dallas. Perfect role player
I always liked gafford. He and the young athletic center from the nets are the two guys I always wanted the suns to try to acquire.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
celtics better hope and pray kristaps is 100% by the time the finals start - straight up - boston can't match the gafford/lively or the kat/gobert combo - if bean town can't rebound or protect the rim they can't compete in the 4th quarter

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always liked gafford. He and the young athletic center from the nets are the two guys I always wanted the suns to try to acquire.

Claxton? He was one of the guys that apparently lots of teams were interested in at the trade deadline.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think he's a great player finding out how much tougher it is in the playoffs and how much tougher it is when teams are blitzing you soon after you cross halfcourt.

I know I'm biased but the more I watch these playoffs the more impressed I am at how great Steph was in 2022 postseason and regular seasons since, the defense that is bothering Ant so much now, Steph sees almost every game.

Luka is handling it better, in large part because he's seen it before, but also because he also has Kyrie to attack when they double Luka.

Can't say enough how impressed I am with Gafford, I had no idea how good he was until he got to Dallas. Perfect role player
The thing that impresses me the most about doncic this season is he is getting the ball out of his hands quicker to entrust his teammates to make the most effecient play. that is something that Kidd said he was working on with doncic before the season started. Some of these passes remind me of J-Kidd from the backcourt. I'm also impressed with mavs team with how fast they rotate the ball when doncic or kyrie get doubled.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Jrue has amazing hands, the amount of times he just takes the ball away cleanly while defending elite guys is remarkable.
While I don't disagree, I actually think his footwork and body positioning is what makes him so good at defending. He is so good at anticipating and then sliding to where the offensive player is going and just stonewalls them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Boston should be favored to win the finals. They have been the best team in the NBA all year. They have the players to matchup with either Minnesota or Dallas. Granted there is some question about their competition in the playoffs, but the pacers are a good team and the cavs were not bad either. the pacers really choked that game 1 away. That was awful to have a 3 point lead, the ball, and a timeout, and you throw the ball away trying to make that type of a pass? There have been a lot of close games, but that was the biggest choke job I've seen in the playoffs. My inner Rick Carlisle bias wants to blame him for it all.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
just a regular month hombre - starts when the finals end - if boston wins i'll rock the avatar of your choosing for a calendar month - if the finals end on June 10th the avatar stays till July 10th
so we are on for a month long avatar starting the day the finals ends - you got boston - i got whoever comes out of the west @Hoop Head

Lorenzo

Reaction score
celtics better hope and pray kristaps is 100% by the time the finals start - straight up - boston can't match the gafford/lively or the kat/gobert combo - if bean town can't rebound or protect the rim they can't compete in the 4th quarter
Kristaps has rarely been 100% in his career. He had a great season this year, it's unfortunate that he got hurt again. You really never know what to expect from him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player