The 2024 NBA playoffs thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And he sunk that big 3 for them. Holmgren is really good. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good as a rookie.
he was great. I credit OKC for staying with their game defensively.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Dallas should still feel good about the series. Luka + Kyrie combined for less points than SGA, the team missed 11 of their 23 FTs and they only lost by 4. Their role players have been mostly exceptional.

Side note, Lu Dort is who we all wish Josh Okogie was.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dallas should still feel good about the series. Luka + Kyrie combined for less points than SGA, the team missed 11 of their 23 FTs and they only lost by 4. Their role players have been mostly exceptional.

I agree. the free throws were terrible and some really poor turnovers late. OKC was great though in the fourth quarter all the way through, especially in crunch time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Sooner than later PJ Washington will come back down to earth. When that happens, Dallas will need Luka and Kyrie to carry them and more. I don't think Dallas has the depth to deal with OKC in a series like this. OKC is legitimately 8-9 deep and can go even deeper if need be. Almost everyone on their roster is a Two-Way player also and doesn't need to be hid on any possessions.

Dallas needs a couple more pieces to be a real contender. They need a defensive guard badly.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Sooner than later PJ Washington will come back down to earth. When that happens, Dallas will need Luka and Kyrie to carry them and more. I don't think Dallas has the depth to deal with OKC in a series like this. OKC is legitimately 8-9 deep and can go even deeper if need be. Almost everyone on their roster is a Two-Way player also and doesn't need to be hid on any possessions.

Dallas needs a couple more pieces to be a real contender. They need a defensive guard badly.
I think that is a good point about depth. dallas has good role players, but they are inconsistent offensively. they can get hot and then they can struggle like they did tonight. with that said they weren't awful. dallas need doncic and Irving to make better of it down the stretch in the clutch. those 2 have been good at that all year. I give them the benefit of the doubt that those 2 can bounce back if Washington and others aren't scoring a lot of points.

Not making excuses, but defensively they are definitely missing Maxi Kleber. He can guard every position and he can shoot 3's. It would be nice to have a more dynamic option than maxi for sure on the perimeter. but jones jr. and Washington are a lot better than what they had before they were both in dallas. and kleber can take some pressure off those 2.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nah, you don't feel good about blowing a double digit second half lead at home. ESPECIALLY because you barely crack 50% on free throws. That is a bad percentage for a high school team, much less an NBA team. They should feel like they threw that game away and be pissed at themselves. And, I bet they are.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Seems like they have PJ scouted now.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Nah, you don't feel good about blowing a double digit second half lead at home. ESPECIALLY because you barely crack 50% on free throws. That is a bad percentage for a high school team, much less an NBA team. They should feel like they threw that game away and be pissed at themselves. And, I bet they are.
true, they should be pissed right now especially about the free throws and turnovers. but you can't carry that into the next game. you have to stay positive and move on. it wasn't an elimination game. Jason Kidd will have them ready for the next game. he's been through it and both doncic and Irving have as well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OKC plays with so much poise. They're the opposite of your usual young team. They should dominate the west for years to come.

It's kinda funny, in the first half they were playing really sloppy and they shot horrendously. They were lucky to only be down 11. But they got their poo together, figured out what was working and fought their way back into it. They were relentless about driving to the paint, floaters galore.

They also kept forcing Doncic to move around on defense. He looked really gassed for much of the 2nd half. There was a 3 or 4 play stretch as OKC cut it under 10 midway through the 3rd where Luka wasn't coming up on offense at all. I don't know if it was after one of his collisions or what, but they should have taken him out for a bit.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's kinda funny, in the first half they were playing really sloppy and they shot horrendously. They were lucky to only be down 11. But they got their poo together, figured out what was working and fought their way back into it. They were relentless about driving to the paint, floaters galore.

They also kept forcing Doncic to move around on defense. He looked really gassed for much of the 2nd half. There was a 3 or 4 play stretch as OKC cut it under 10 midway through the 3rd where Luka wasn't coming up on offense at all. I don't know if it was after one of his collisions or what, but they should have taken him out for a bit.
Luka always looks gassed plus he is banged up to boot. I tuned in late and was amazed Dallas was still in this game the way Kyrie, Luke shot plus being only 50% in FT for the game. I kind of agree with the above. Knowing that, if I am Dallas I am feeling OK about my chances in the series even if I am pissed we blew the game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If New York brings everyone back, they're a favorite for the championship. Not just winning the east. What they're doing short handed is amazing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If New York brings everyone back, they're a favorite for the championship. Not just winning the east. What they're doing short handed is amazing.
Eh I think they’ve caught lightning in a bottle with Brunson. He’s obviously a fantastic player. But he’s not Michael Jordan and he’s on a heater right now.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
nuther good game tonight - not sure if sota can keep this intensity going - kat might go draymond at any moment

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic has become unsolvable.

It's crazy how good he is because he seems to play at the same speed all the time and it can never be confused for fast. He's like a gigantic basketball playing robot. No emotion, no fatigue, just balling out all game.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It's crazy how good he is because he seems to play at the same speed all the time and it can never be confused for fast. He's like a gigantic basketball playing robot. No emotion, no fatigue, just balling out all game.
love the way ant plays and i love what ant says - straight up called jokic the best player in the planet - it's joker time now but the future is ant

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s say Jokic wins back to back titles this year. Where does that put him in the All-Time list? Equal with Hakeem? Maybe a little better?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92