The 2023-24 league year

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
That to me is so silly. Weddings are so childish anyway. It is nothing but a fantasy that is put into the minds of young girls .... prince charming and living happily ever after. Commercialized so parents spend thousands and thousands of dollars, with the greedy expectations that the bride and groom will be given expensive gifts from everyone they know. "Oh, we are registered at so and so where we have a list of everything we want you to give us. Pay no mind to the fact that you don't believe our marriage will last more than 2 years." The only thing more mindless is Valentine's, a day established by the jewelry business on the foundation of fear and guilt.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That to me is so silly. Weddings are so childish anyway. It is nothing but a fantasy that is put into the minds of young girls .... prince charming and living happily ever after. Commercialized so parents spend thousands and thousands of dollars, with the greedy expectations that the bride and groom will be given expensive gifts from everyone they know. "Oh, we are registered at so and so where we have a list of everything we want you to give us. Pay no mind to the fact that you don't believe our marriage will last more than 2 years." The only thing more mindless is Valentine's, a day established by the jewelry business on the foundation of fear and guilt.
Wow. Sorry you’ve got such sour outlook on joyous occasions.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry you’ve got such sour outlook on joyous occasions.
I can't help but be realistic, even when it takes the naivety out of a joyous situation. Just one of my 'quirks'. I do agree with you though, being realistic and honest with yourself isn't always fun.

Just think of Sam Kinnison when you think of getting married: "Picture this face ....... AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Now let's see how Mahomes survives injuries... :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I think this is to rebalance him. He's the best RT in the game and still under contract through 2025 but he was only getting $18m APY and top guys are now getting $25m. This puts him back in that bracket.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think this is to rebalance him. He's the best RT in the game and still under contract through 2025 but he was only getting $18m APY and top guys are now getting $25m. This puts him back in that bracket.
Laremy Tunsil is the highest paid Left Tackle at $25 million per, then Trent Williams at $23 million per. Lane is getting more than them at Right Tackle. That's YUGE. In fact it will be more than $10 million higher than Jawaan Taylor's $20 million at Right Tackle. I'm not saying he's not worth it, but he's totally resetting the Tackle market, regardless of Left or Right Side. Tunsil is probably calling his agent right now, wondering WTF just happened.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Laremy Tunsil is the highest paid Left Tackle at $25 million per, then Trent Williams at $23 million per. Lane is getting more than them at Right Tackle. That's YUGE. In fact it will be more than $10 million higher than Jawaan Taylor's $20 million at Right Tackle. I'm not saying he's not worth it, but he's totally resetting the Tackle market, regardless of Left or Right Side. Tunsil is probably calling his agent right now, wondering WTF just happened.

I think what I was trying to say is that I don't think it's actually a 1 year deal at $33m because he's already under contract through 35.

I think what has actually happened is they added one more year to his deal so he's now under contract through 36 and there is $33m of new money but that new money is spread over 4 years to bring him up to like $25m per.

Eagles are nuts how they do business. Johnson already has 3 void years on his deal to spread out his cap hit averaging $18m per year. They will be eating $21m dead cap when Johnson is 38 and 2 years retired.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose