The 2023-24 league year

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surely EPA/Play and Success Rate are highly correlated. That's why each of these are a line with a slope of 1. The only weird outlier is Washington, which has to be a typo.
Well, the slope is depicted as 1 by virtue of how the numbers on the axes are scaled.

But yes, since "success rate" is simply the percentage of plays with a positive EPA, one would expect most teams to plot close to a straight line on these graphs.

A team well above the line would have a higher than expected percentage of successful plays for a given EPA - which could only happen if a large number of successful plays had a slightly positive EPA vs. a small number of unsuccessful plays with a high negative EPA. Thus, a high number of explosive plays for the given EPA.

A team well below the line would have a relatively large number of unsuccessful plays with slightly negative EPA, vs. a small number of successful plays with a high positive EPA.

So, teams close to the line are more consistent on offense / defense, while outliers create or give up more explosive plays.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Detroit Lions quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is winding down his NFL career, telling the Detroit Free Press he plans to retire after the season

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards trying hard to pull back in previous season ticket holders. This was in my email this AM:

Hey Shane –

Just wanted to introduce myself as your new personal contact and personal representative with the team.

If you’re contemplating joining the Cardinals Family again, as an incentive for putting a deposit down for your 2024 seats I can give you 2 complimentary tickets for our last home game against the Seattle Seahawks. These tickets will be located in the lower level. Game will be played either January 6th or 7th.

I mean thanks for that generous offer but no thanks :) lol smh

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards trying hard to pull back in previous season ticket holders. This was in my email this AM:

Hey Shane –

Just wanted to introduce myself as your new personal contact and personal representative with the team.

If you’re contemplating joining the Cardinals Family again, as an incentive for putting a deposit down for your 2024 seats I can give you 2 complimentary tickets for our last home game against the Seattle Seahawks. These tickets will be located in the lower level. Game will be played either January 6th or 7th.

I mean thanks for that generous offer but no thanks :) lol smh
I must be more important than you. I got a phone call from someone who offered to be my personal "ticket babe" if wanted to re-up. :lol:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be more important than you. I got a phone call from someone who offered to be my personal "ticket babe" if wanted to re-up. :lol:
So, follow up...

Just got off the phone with "ticket babe" who called again. We chatted, told her my history and told what sucks about the "game experience" now compared to the past. Told her I am going to the Seahawks game. She asked if she could text me at the game and come meet me by my section at half time. So she could put face to name.

Seriously. I guess I have to admit they are trying hard to win back the old time fans.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So, follow up...

Just got off the phone with "ticket babe" who called again. We chatted, told her my history and told what sucks about the "game experience" now compared to the past. Told her I am going to the Seahawks game. She asked if she could text me at the game and come meet me by my section at half time. So she could put face to name.

Seriously. I guess I have to admit they are trying hard to win back the old time fans.
Those folks must be starving for commissions right now. It's year-end for them; couldn't have been an easy past 15 months or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd