The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I caught Covid-19 this week. It’s been downright horrible and now I know why people died before vaccinations. The one thing that has brought a smile to my face?

Seeing that grinning Fluka smirk get wiped off his face.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
If GSW keeps playing like this it just proves it was a Fluka getting this far for the Mavs. Let’s see how GSW due away from home.
good one. GS is just too deep and they have championship players that know how to close teams out. I don't see dallas coming back from this. they had a great chance today and had a terrible 2nd half especially at the defensive end. but a lot of it is credit to GS they are really good.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good one. GS is just too deep and they have championship players that know how to close teams out. I don't see dallas coming back from this. they had a great chance today and had a terrible 2nd half especially at the defensive end. but a lot of it is credit to GS they are really good.

They’ve been in this situation against the Jazz and Suns. I doubt this crushed them. They going home, all the Warriors did was take care of home court.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They’ve been in this situation against the Jazz and Suns. I doubt this crushed them. They going home, all the Warriors did was take care of home court.
you are right. I woke up excited because I saw the score at halftime and then when I started watching in the 3rd, GS went on an incredible run offensively and dallas had no answers at either end. I think it was that stretch in the 3rd where dallas got whipped at both ends. Dallas have to win game 3 and then if they do that they have a chance.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I caught Covid-19 this week. It’s been downright horrible and now I know why people died before vaccinations. The one thing that has brought a smile to my face?

I’m right here with you my man. On all accounts. I got Covid eight days ago and the first four or five days were just brutal. Today is the first day I basically feel like myself again. However I still have a bit of a cough and diarrhea hasn’t stopped and I get tired very easy. I hope it doesn’t get any worse for you.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m right here with you my man. On all accounts. I got Covid eight days ago and the first four or five days were just brutal. Today is the first day I basically feel like myself again. However I still have a bit of a cough and diarrhea hasn’t stopped and I get tired very easy. I hope it doesn’t get any worse for you.

Man I had the squirts for 6 weeks. No matter what I ate, ended up losing 25lbs in two weeks.

Took me more than 2 months to stop getting tired so quick. Inhaler helped tons with this. This was back in January.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or have a center that puts forth effort? On paper Ayton is so much better than Looney.

The Warriors were using backdoor cuts when they started taking the ball inside.

This is something I think the Suns wanted Ayton to do.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Even if Dallas wins a game (or even two) at home, I can't see GS folding like a cheap tent the way the Suns did...no way. Dallas really needed to steal one of these opening two to have a chance.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d GS wins the title this year, they might be the weirdest “dynasty” ever.

1 title while pretty young
2 titles with the human cheat code that everyone kinda rolls their eyes at because they just had TOO MUCH talent with Durant going to a freaking 73 win team
1 title while much older and trying to prove they would have won titles in between with or without KD

I kinda wonder if they’d be more respected at an all time level dynasty if they never got KD. They prob still win a title during that stretch.

It was just stupid for the rest of the league when KD went there.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

2 titles with the human cheat code that everyone kinda rolls their eyes at because they just had TOO MUCH talent with Durant going to a freaking 73 win team
1 title while much older and trying to prove they would have won titles in between with or without KD

I kinda wonder if they’d be more respected at an all time level dynasty if they never got KD. They prob still win a title during that stretch.

true and of corse the injuries really hurt them as well in the past. and I think it's obvious that they would have been closer to the Suns record this year if they did not have injuries. Dallas missed a great opportunity to be the 3rd seed and have home court for this series.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

I’ll take it all!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or have a center that puts forth effort? On paper Ayton is so much better than Looney.

And I’m guessing on paper Ayton is gonna end up with better stats against the Mavs to.

You do realize Ayton played pretty damn well in that series 5 of the 7 games and he was statistically our best defender in that series.

It’s a funny thing how basketball works when your guards can actually hit open shots and aren’t turnover machines how it will open up the paint, but that can’t be our problem right.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If they win it and I think they will it’s gonna take a flamethrower to KD’s legacy.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
So someone explain the rule to me because every time I think I know it I'm wrong. How do they determine who gets the ball to start the quarter? Dallas got the ball to start the 2nd quarter, Dallas got the ball to start the 3rd quarter. The Warriors got the opening tip but then Dinwiddie got the jump ball with Poole so it's not some jump ball rule like college?
Didn't see anyone answer you but it's all determined by the opening tip.

The team that wins the opening tip gets the ball to start the 1st and 4th quarters, the other team gets 2nd and 3rd.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Back door cuts only work when you can get penetration and make the defense choose.
That’s where having our bigs stop mid-lane on the pick and rolls would’ve worked. They kept sliding a baseline defender over to take the charge (and Ayton and mcgee obliged by repeatedly running Brunson over for charges). If they would’ve stopped they would’ve had the choice of a 4 foot bunny, hitting whichever corner was left open, or hitting the free man on a baseline drive. But we never did that. We never adjusted. Neither monty nor the bigs.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So someone explain the rule to me because every time I think I know it I'm wrong. How do they determine who gets the ball to start the quarter? Dallas got the ball to start the 2nd quarter, Dallas got the ball to start the 3rd quarter. The Warriors got the opening tip but then Dinwiddie got the jump ball with Poole so it's not some jump ball rule like college?
Whichever team wins the opening tip also gets the ball to start the 4th quarter. The other team gets it to start the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Each jump ball is its own isolated incident. There is no possession arrow.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s where having our bigs stop mid-lane on the pick and rolls would’ve worked. They kept sliding a baseline defender over to take the charge (and Ayton and mcgee obliged by repeatedly running Brunson over for charges). If they would’ve stopped they would’ve had the choice of a 4 foot bunny, hitting whichever corner was left open, or hitting the free man on a baseline drive. But we never did that. We never adjusted. Neither monty nor the bigs.

We had the most efficient pick and roll in basketball but we couldn’t use it since both Paul and Payne just forgot how to play basketball.

We got no penetration at all and on the flip side they destroyed our perimeter defense. They knifed through and kicked to open shooter all day and when those guys got a shot they actually hit them.

I don’t know what adjustments could of been made honestly. This really looked like two completely different teams. Games 1,2 and 5 we ran over them locked them down and blew them out but games 3,4,6 and 7 they blew us out by an average of 20 ppg. How do you even explain that. I’ve never in my life seen a series play out like this

Ayton was in foul trouble in game 2 & 7 picking up 3 in the early second quarter I think.

McGee was flat out unplayable and I love McGee but he was like a bull in a China shop.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose