The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dirty play by Green, rewarded by refs. Hate this crap.

I don't think Tatum fouled him but I also don't understand why he went for the ball there Draymond's not a threat. Goes back to what Van Gundy said about star players and take fouls.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton's defense is so good he just pokes the ball away from guys so often. As Kelenna Azabuike says dribble around Payton at your own risk.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Tatum fouled him but I also don't understand why he went for the ball there Draymond's not a threat. Goes back to what Van Gundy said about star players and take fouls.
I understand why the refs called Tatum, I think it was the wrong call but that happens all the time (both ways, every game). I'm talking about him unnecessarily swinging both hands into Tatum's head and then him raking his hand down on Tatum's face after the contact. That's dirty.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minor cheap shot by Smart on Payton on the play after Horford driving into Green that gets called on Draymond. Bad refs so far.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minor cheap shot by Smart on Payton on the play after Horford driving into Green that gets called on Draymond. Bad refs so far.

I don't think it was a cheap shot but it was clearly a foul. Smart is 220 and built like a LB him running into Payton absolutely was a foul.

Nice rally by Boston I knew those 2 missed layups by Payton were going to hurt

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not dirty but I hate it when guys like Tatum do that hook play and get called for it and then act like they don't know. He took his left arm up under Wiggins left arm and hooked him and just held it there as Wiggins was telling the ref look at what he's doing. they call it on Tatum and he reacts like he didn't do it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs have completely lost this game they have to start calling the flops by both teams but especially Smart. Literally seconds after his flop at one end he walked up stepped on payton and fell back trying to draw a foul

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, where does this put Curry on the pantheon of All-Time Greats?

I think he’s now above Durant, tied if not higher than Kobe. Is he Larry Bird level? Better?

Still have to put him below (in no particular order) MJ/Magic/Duncan/Kareem/Wilt/LeBron

Who am I missing?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he’s now above Durant, tied if not higher than Kobe. Is he Larry Bird level? Better?

Still have to put him below (in no particular order) MJ/Magic/Duncan/Kareem/Wilt/LeBron

Who am I missing?

Hey don't be trying to jinx us, game not over yet.

It's hard to compare over eras, but against his peers yes he's very high up. I think people forget he's 34 years old and he's still elite

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
not dirty but I hate it when guys like Tatum do that hook play and get called for it and then act like they don't know. He took his left arm up under Wiggins left arm and hooked him and just held it there as Wiggins was telling the ref look at what he's doing. they call it on Tatum and he reacts like he didn't do it.
He, smart, and Horford have been doing that all series long and getting away with it most of the time. I’m glad it was finally called

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 FTA's combined in the first half only 2 by the Warriors. Can't say they're not letting them play except for the flops they're calling.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Warriors bench points 15-2 right now.

Ugly last 1:40 outscored 6-0. I don't understand how such an experienced team can get so careless so regularly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was a Celtics fan I’d be so disappointed in Tatum right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's insane Al Horford is literally on fire from 3 and the Warriors added 9 points to the lead. welcome back Curry and the Otto 3's

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They need to take Klay Thompson out and put Jordan Poole back in. Because Klay Thompson is killing this team right now and singlehandedly keeping Boston in the game ,while Poole was hot.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Who am I missing?
Not counting players that retired before I was born:

MJ
Lebron
Kareem
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem
Shaq
Kobe

By the time Steph retires he’ll be top-10 easily IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freakish strength by Payton to knock Jaylen Brown down with 1 hand on the break. But then we lost our cool and let them back in it

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn