The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I don’t think the media should be playing post game locker room speeches.

ESPN just showed Curt telling his troops we’re closing this out in Boston.ESPN just showed
Kerr telling his troops,’… we’re closing this out in Boston.”

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wiggins is VERY aware of that too. If you saw a couple of times tonight he got in Tatum's face after a play to let him know.

To be fair to Tatum, if that date is correct, he was 14 when he said that!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grats to steph stepping up in 3rd 4th

Isn't looking great for leprechaun team
lol

420 hit maybe suns n yr :(

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we know why the Smart technical happened and what the announcers meant about understanding it given what had happened. Smart went down trying to draw a charge on Klay, the ref didn't call it and Klay ripped a 3. Then we went to a timeout and ABC didn't show any of it on replay.

Apparently Smart lit into the ref Tony Brothers for not calling a charge, and then Ime Udoka went after him and Brothers just went off and started screaming at Udoka while walking towards him. Multiple reporters at the game said it looked like "Brothers wanted a piece of Udoka." Assistants held Udoka back and the other refs got in there too but apparently it was VERY heated.

So the T on Smart shortly after that against Poole was a direct result of that dustup. So far nobody seems to have video of it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Now we know why the Smart technical happened and what the announcers meant about understanding it given what had happened. Smart went down trying to draw a charge on Klay, the ref didn't call it and Klay ripped a 3. Then we went to a timeout and ABC didn't show any of it on replay.

Apparently Smart lit into the ref Tony Brothers for not calling a charge, and then Ime Udoka went after him and Brothers just went off and started screaming at Udoka while walking towards him. Multiple reporters at the game said it looked like "Brothers wanted a piece of Udoka." Assistants held Udoka back and the other refs got in there too but apparently it was VERY heated.

So the T on Smart shortly after that against Poole was a direct result of that dustup. So far nobody seems to have video of it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, that's on the Celtics. Any idiot knows that Brothers has one heck of a temper and will only allow so much before he goes referee postal.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I find it rich Boston fans and players are saying that the refs were unfair to the Celtics last night, yet when you look at the box score they called 28 fouls on the Warriors and 16 fouls on the Celtics.

The Celtics had 31 free throw attempts to the Warriors 15.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it rich Boston fans and players are saying that the refs were unfair to the Celtics last night, yet when you look at the box score they called 26 fouls on the Warriors and 16 fouls on the Celtics.
That's today's NBA. One team will win, one team will lose and after the game the losing team will be the most upset by the refereeing. But during the game, the fans of each team will likely curse out the men and women in stripes for unfair officiating. And they won't be wrong.

I really believe you could find at least 50 clearly missed or blown calls in every single game. It's tough to see every angle of every play in real time and the referees have lost one of their most important refereeing aids - that being the reaction of players. And there simply isn't room enough to put 8 referees out there for full coverage.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also we know why Draymond and tatum were at it later in the game. On a dead ball Tatum was going to take a practice shot and as has become the norm, Draymond didn't want to let him shoot. Payton was already guarding him. Tatum shoved payton, during a dead ball but Draymond just "guarded" Tatum all the way to the bench. Tatum actually took the ball to the bench with him and then handed it to a ref.

he admitted in the postgame "we do the same thing though not usually to that extent, he was not going to let me get a practice shot I guess."

Seemed really weird live now I know why

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also the defensive change the Warriors made last night was Klay on Horford and Draymond on Brown. Draymond asked for it so Mike Brown the defensive coach made the switch and Draymond did a great job on him

Horford is terrific but at this age he's basically a spot up shooter so you can kind of get away with putting Klay on him. IN fact Curry has guarded him at times, they actually posted him up on Curry

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn't sound correct to me but it's apparently official stats

Boston Celtics when guarded by Draymond Green this series: Jaylen Brown: 23 Points on 9/31 FG (29%), 1/14 3PT (7%), 5 Turnovers Jayson Tatum: 7 Points on 1/8 FG (13%), 2 Turnovers Marcus Smart: 3 Points on 1/5 3PT (20%), 1 Turnover

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This doesn't sound correct to me but it's apparently official stats

Boston Celtics when guarded by Draymond Green this series: Jaylen Brown: 23 Points on 9/31 FG (29%), 1/14 3PT (7%), 5 Turnovers Jayson Tatum: 7 Points on 1/8 FG (13%), 2 Turnovers Marcus Smart: 3 Points on 1/5 3PT (20%), 1 Turnover
The team was 1/10 last night when guarded by Green.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speculation online that Steph has a split fingernail on his shooting hand and that's why he shot so poorly last night

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of have this feeling tonight comes down to Klay Thompson. Seems like everyone is expecting game 6 Klay I have a fear if he's not on he'll shoot us out of the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
refs are amazing. First 5 fouls on Warriors, Kerr clearly telling the ref that's 5 on us alreayd. Next 3 fouls on... Boston.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they had an all 10 camera like the all 22 in the NFL. It's amazing to watch Curry off the ball. On that 3 the path he took to get there was insane. then on the last shot of the quarter Payton wanted to give the ball to Curry and one of the Boston players essentially bearhugged Steph to stop him getting the ball so Payton had to shoot it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton and Poole have completely flipped the game and Poole is actually playing defense tonight.