The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Name a player who has led a championship contending team and dominated past 35 years old.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar averaged 22 and 8 for the 1985 title-winning Lakers. He was 38 by the start of the playoffs. One could argue that the team was "led" by Magic Johnson, but Abdul-Jabbar was their top scorer and rebounder, in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Besides, the fact that something hasn't been done before is not much of an indication that James can't do it.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Again I don't see the value in comparing him to others. The fact of the matter is that LeBron is still playing like an MVP at 34 years old. It would defy logic to assume that as soon as he is over 35 he will hit some imaginary wall and immediately not be great anymore. Obviously he will eventually slow down enough to no longer be effective, but that could be a year from now or it could be 5 years from now. We won't really know until it happens.

Maybe. It's hard to say with this generation of players. They are better conditioned and better athletes overall than bygone generations, and Lebron is a cut above your typical modern NBA athlete on top of that.

On the other hand, you also have to bear in mind that he has 4 more years of wear on his tires than most of the typical great NBA players of the past. It started catching up with Kobe and KG pretty quickly right around this point of their careers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Seriously, I hear this often, but there’s no information to back up that sentiment. If anything, the league makes it hard as possible for LA to obtain players.
BTW just because you don’t agree with everything here doesn’t make you a troll. I follow the Suns as much as anyone here, but the mis information here is unbelievable.

Another one to the block list...Ive perused your posting history and it's obvious what you are.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Boy that’s a thin skinned guy...asked for follow up or elaboration, none given. Wow

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It almost seems like the Rockets are collecting former Suns players in PJ Tucker, Danuel House Jr., Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss and Austin Rivers.

I wonder if I'm missing someone.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have had their problems lately but when I hear a team called a "laughingstock" this is more of what I think of, this is dysfunctional. The Grizzlies just came off of a loss against the Pistons Wednesday night and then a fight broke out between Garrett Temple and Omri Casspi. This was the Grizzlies 8th loss in their last 10 games.

I know their record is better than the Suns but for all that was made about Booker and Ayton yelling at each other after a loss, I think this is way worse. At least there wasn't anyone throwing punches.

I don't know if the Grizzlies will end up needing to trade one or the other of them but I don't think Casspi would fit here as a slightly shorter version of Ryan Anderson, or Anderson from 2-3 years ago before he forgot how to play basketball. Temple is a combo guard of sorts but he's not really a playmaker or that good of a shooter. I don't see the Suns doing a deal with the Grizzlies after the Ariza trade almost fell apart because of the Grizzlies trying to switch a Brooks on us or someone.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/01/03/memphis-grizzlies-postgame-meeting-fight

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alan Williams update.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grizzlies acquiring Justin Holiday from Bulls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the above article the Bulls may waive point guard Cameron Payne.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne has had injury problems throughout his career but I wonder if the Suns might want to look at him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne is waived.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Incredible finish to the Rockets and Warriors game. Harden is absolutely unreal right now.

P.S.: Another major blunder for the referees with a terrible missed out of bounds call on KD in OT with about 30 seconds left...Fortunately for the Rockets it didn't matter.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incredible finish to the Rockets and Warriors game. Harden is absolutely unreal right now.

P.S.: Another major blunder for the referees with a terrible missed out of bounds call on KD in OT with about 30 seconds left...Fortunately for the Rockets it didn't matter.

There needs to be another word, blunder just doesn't do it. That might be the worst blown call I've ever seen.