The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derrick Jones Jr. took a nasty fall. That kid could fly.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I've been on mobile internet this last week and tweets posted seem to only load 50% of the time. Can you give a recap or copy the text from the tweets in your posts also? I know posting both can seem redundant but a brief summary of longer posts would be cool. Posting the tweet still as a source is a good thing, IMO, even if you say exactly what the tweet does. That keeps anyone from asking where it came from.

I know other members have mentioned similar problems in the past and I'm not sure if anyone else still has issues but I totally understand those issues now and it sucks. I hate saying anything but this is the 3rd tweet that never loaded for me today. If anyone could suggest a better mobile browser for this forum that might help I would appreciate that also. I'm using Chrome on an Android now.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've been on mobile internet this last week and tweets posted seem to only load 50% of the time. Can you give a recap or copy the text from the tweets in your posts also? I know posting both can seem redundant but a brief summary of longer posts would be cool. Posting the tweet still as a source is a good thing, IMO, even if you say exactly what the tweet does. That keeps anyone from asking where it came from.

I know other members have mentioned similar problems in the past and I'm not sure if anyone else still has issues but I totally understand those issues now and it sucks. I hate saying anything but this is the 3rd tweet that never loaded for me today. If anyone could suggest a better mobile browser for this forum that might help I would appreciate that also. I'm using Chrome on an Android now.
I'm almost always only ever on this site from mobile and I never have a problem with viewing the tweets. Do you have an Android or iPhone? If iPhone, are you using Safari?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Steven Adams is one of my most favorite non Suns players in the league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah there's your problem right there.

Just kidding :p

I buy mac so I don't have to buy something new every couple years but it seems that's how they design their phones. I have an iMac and iPad, just no home internet until this weekend since I moved this week. Love their products normally but won't fall into the iphone trap, especially since my iPad does everything those do except make calls.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I buy mac so I don't have to buy something new every couple years but it seems that's how they design their phones. I have an iMac and iPad, just no home internet until this weekend since I moved this week. Love their products normally but won't fall into the iphone trap, especially since my iPad does everything those do except make calls.
My iPhone 6 from 2014 still works fine for me.

I might look to upgrade next year but 5 years before changing phones is about what I expect anyway.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

I might look to upgrade next year but 5 years before changing phones is about what I expect anyway.
My iPhone 6 fills my needs as well. And interfaces with my Mac OS Sierra desktop.

My older son is a computer tech specializing in Mac. I've never had a Windows, except at work.

All those years of never having a virus with Mac have been a pleasure. 'Just my experience and opinion.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Me too! LOL! Someday I may get a 7. LOL!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My iPhone 6 fills my needs as well. And interfaces with my Mac OS Sierra desktop.

My older son is a computer tech specializing in Mac. I've never had a Windows, except at work.

All those years of never having a virus with Mac have been a pleasure. 'Just my experience and opinion.
The one thing Apple does well is maintain continuity in their operating systems. Every time Windows get upgraded you have to relearn the way it works.

I also like how you can get a link on your iphone and via wireless you can transfer or open it up on your tablet or desktop without having to email it over to the other device. Plus the update everything feature on all devices. It's more seemless. In Windows you have to set that up.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Me too! LOL! Someday I may get a 7. LOL!
Whenever you upgrade again, you should get the very newest one that’s released at the time. Because that way, you can get another 5+ years out of it before upgrading again. If you upgrade to an iPhone 7 then you will need to upgrade again a lot sooner because Apple’s iOS updates work for phone up till 5 years ago so an iPhone 7, in a way, would become obsolete a lot sooner.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
He scored some spoonfed baskets... good for him.

He also had 5 turnovers and 5 fouls in a mere 15 minutes.

He's still Chriss. I don't doubt he will be more offensively efficient but ANYONE would get more efficient when 80% of their looks are at the rim and undefended.

I'd lay good odds that he gets in Mike D's doghouse and finds a permanent home there as soon as he has a bad stretch in a close game or 2.

He has been in everyone's dog house with the exception of Earl Watson's. He should feel right at home in MDA's. Virtually everyone that has ended up in Mike's has never played in the NBA again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one thing Apple does well is maintain continuity in their operating systems. Every time Windows get upgraded you have to relearn the way it works.

I also like how you can get a link on your iphone and via wireless you can transfer or open it up on your tablet or desktop without having to email it over to the other device. Plus the update everything feature on all devices. It's more seemless. In Windows you have to set that up.

A friend of mine just upgraded his iphone last week, the newest update I don't know what phone he has. He's a techie, programmer, has published books on unix and other operating systems, very bright guy. his upgrade produced a brick. It took him 4 days to get one of his old backups to work, I think he said the one that worked was from 2015 so he then emailed all his friends asking for their contact info. He said he discovered that it's entirely possible to do monthly backups for years on an Iphone and not know that all the backups are corrupt, there's nothing in the procedure that apparent figures out the backups are corrupt.

My experience with 2 pixels is the upgrades and updates work flawlessly, with multiple iPhones(my girlfriend) I'm constantly reading online don't do this upgrade yet, people are having tons of issues, wait. I own stock in Apple and I think it's a great company but they have a very long history of releasing flawed updates that screw up people's phones and then making it very difficult for people to get them fixed without paying for it. When I bought my Pixel 2 there was this poor 20 something girl in the store with a new iphone that had been trying all weekend to restore from her old iPhone. She was a software engineer, knew more about the process than the guy at Verizon did, and she was completely unable to make it work. The Verizon guy finally had to contact their CS folks and put her on the phone directly with them.

I do think APple makes great products but not everything works flawlessly and when it doesn't it can be a major headache.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A friend of mine just upgraded his iphone last week, the newest update I don't know what phone he has. He's a techie, programmer, has published books on unix and other operating systems, very bright guy. his upgrade produced a brick. It took him 4 days to get one of his old backups to work, I think he said the one that worked was from 2015 so he then emailed all his friends asking for their contact info. He said he discovered that it's entirely possible to do monthly backups for years on an Iphone and not know that all the backups are corrupt, there's nothing in the procedure that apparent figures out the backups are corrupt.

My experience with 2 pixels is the upgrades and updates work flawlessly, with multiple iPhones(my girlfriend) I'm constantly reading online don't do this upgrade yet, people are having tons of issues, wait. I own stock in Apple and I think it's a great company but they have a very long history of releasing flawed updates that screw up people's phones and then making it very difficult for people to get them fixed without paying for it. When I bought my Pixel 2 there was this poor 20 something girl in the store with a new iphone that had been trying all weekend to restore from her old iPhone. She was a software engineer, knew more about the process than the guy at Verizon did, and she was completely unable to make it work. The Verizon guy finally had to contact their CS folks and put her on the phone directly with them.

I do think APple makes great products but not everything works flawlessly and when it doesn't it can be a major headache.
I have been having a back and forth issue with my contacts. One day, all of them show up. The next I am missing contacts. When I go to add those contacts back, the phone detects I already have that contact and won't let me add the contact, yet it does not show. I have had all makes of phones in my life. I now have an iPhone 6s because the model of android I had was buggy, too. I have a chromebook, because I could not afford a macbook. So my tech is all mismatched. You don't know how many times I have to email links from my phone, or quotes, to my laptop and back again. My friend with all apple products has the iphone network and seamlessly works on a document and cuts and pastes across all platforms without all that email hassle. That would make my life incredibly more productive!

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JR Smith is the worst.

Dunk driving, terrible, moron of a player. If Cleveland had taken game 1 I think they made a series out of it, but he instead pulled off one of the stupidest plays in NBA history... and it probably won't get much recognition for how dumb it was because it wasn't all that shocking coming from JR Smith.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Been watching the Clippers and Lakers. Both teams will be a problem for us. They are the opposite of us. Lots of veterans and strong players who like to go low post. As much as we would like to make fun of the Lakers, they will be a tough game for us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson