The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't surprise anyone. Cousins slogging offensive play style combined with his lousy defending never seemed like a fit... and really, it's never been a fit anywhere. Even New Orleans was better after he got injured.

They have signed Bogut, no idea what kind of shape he's in. I always loved Bogut on the Warriors, I knew it was a financial thing but he was the perfect 5 for the team prior to Durant being there, he set screens, passed, and rebounded and protected the rim. With Durant things sort of shifted around, I think Bogut still would have been great but I think they figured Draymond could do most of what Bogut did, and he does, but he's smaller and there are times where it is just good to be 7 foot 260 or whatever Bogut weighs. If he's in any kind of shape at all I can see him getting 15 mpg.

One of the things that I strongly believe is Kerr is not stupid, he knows they're better without Boogie right now, he's playing him big minutes to get the rust off and get him in better shape but I fully expect if things are the same when the playoffs start, Boogie's minutes are going down. The Bogut signing does concern me with respect to Looney, they're saying he has a strained left pelvis and he'll play tonight but it concerns me given his past history of hip problems.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting stat. James Harden has attempted 748 threes this year so far. Steph Curry has attempted 257. Kemba Walker is second in the league in three point attempts this year with 382. Harden is shooting 36% from three. Curry is shooting 43%.

I don't think those stats are correct...unless I'm missing something.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/three-point-field-goals-attempted?rate=season-totals

https://stats.nba.com/players/tradi...8-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have signed Bogut, no idea what kind of shape he's in. I always loved Bogut on the Warriors, I knew it was a financial thing but he was the perfect 5 for the team prior to Durant being there, he set screens, passed, and rebounded and protected the rim. With Durant things sort of shifted around, I think Bogut still would have been great but I think they figured Draymond could do most of what Bogut did, and he does, but he's smaller and there are times where it is just good to be 7 foot 260 or whatever Bogut weighs. If he's in any kind of shape at all I can see him getting 15 mpg.

One of the things that I strongly believe is Kerr is not stupid, he knows they're better without Boogie right now, he's playing him big minutes to get the rust off and get him in better shape but I fully expect if things are the same when the playoffs start, Boogie's minutes are going down. The Bogut signing does concern me with respect to Looney, they're saying he has a strained left pelvis and he'll play tonight but it concerns me given his past history of hip problems.

Bogut just got done playing for Australia I think, he should be good to go.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is listed here at 809 attempts now.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardeja01.html

The Curry stat is wrong. He has attempted 628. Kemba has attempted 587.

Thanks for catching that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden has attempted 809 threes so far, Steph has attempted 628, Kemba has attempted 587.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...c1stat=fg3a&c1comp=gt&c1val=500&order_by=fg3a

We had taht discussion at work the other day. I am a huge Steph fan but my guess is if Steph shot as many 3's as Harden his % would not only be lower, it might be lower than Harden's. The reason I say that is Harden is better at getting his own 3's off the dribble. Steph is great catch and shoot, off movement, trail the break etc and he CAN get 3's off the dribble too, but not as well as Harden can. So if Steph suddenly had to shoot 200 more 3's this season I assume many of those extra shots would be bad shots, he'd miss more etc.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to verify, but I heard a very similar version of the stat you first reported as unassisted 3point attempts or off the dribble attempts.

Basketball Reference lists the percentage of his shots that are assisted, both 3's and 2's, but don't list a solid number. Harden has been assisted on just 15% of his 3's. Scroll down to the "SHOOTING" box and it's over to the right, and is listed as "%AST'd" with a 2pt FG section and 3pt FG section.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ball and Ingram. Looks like they want to part of LeBron.

Luke said Lonzo has starting doing some work and it was obvious he wasn't close to being ready so they just decided to shut him down. i suspect if they were going to make the playoffs that wouldn't be the case.

Ingram sounds scary, bloodclots are nothing to mess around with.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looking at play by play that's after the Suns called timeout. draymond had just fouled Oubre with no call and pushed it ahead and they got McKinnie fouled, he split the FT's. So I'm not sure what Kerr was mad about there, I think Draymond was yelling at the refs about something at that point not sure what it was clearly a foul not a flagrant or something(the one that put Mckinnie at the line) and Draymond had gotten away with a foul himself.

Interesting reaction though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard