The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im just glad the Celtics are humane enuff to end this early and let the healing process start now for the lakers and their fans.. See, I can be a nice guy about it.. :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe shot too much in the 4th. Whoever had House as their assignment was stupid. Embarassing loss.

Can't wait to meet these effers next year in the Finals, with Bynum. In fact, I'd love to meet these aholes for 4 straight years.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe shot too much in the 4th. Whoever had House as their assignment was stupid. Embarassing loss.

Can't wait to meet these effers next year in the Finals, with Bynum. In fact, I'd love to meet these aholes for 4 straight years.

Good luck with that. There is so much paradoy in the NBA it wouldn't be surprised if they never make it back with this group even with Bynum. The West is going to be loaded and teams are going to be better next year. Then again if the West race next year is half as fun as this year...it ought to be fun.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I bet shaq is planning a party after it's official. PJ & Kobe have yet to win one without the big Aristotle.
You must be registered for see images

Do you mean PJ Carlisimo? Yeah, he's yet to win a championship. If you mean Phil Jackson he's got 6 rings with the Bulls if I recall.

this is for youuuuu and youuuu and youuuu.. and most definitly youuu...

WTF? I suffered through that entire video to get your point, and I still don't get it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you mean PJ Carlisimo? Yeah, he's yet to win a championship. If you mean Phil Jackson he's got 6 rings with the Bulls if I recall.

:yeahthat:

And another as a player.

WTF? I suffered through that entire video to get your point, and I still don't get it.

You should know by now: Gee doesn't need a point to post crap. :D

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Its the City! Any city anyone is from is their city.. PHX is my city.. Its your city.. All bustas are not welcome, too much pride in this city.. Thats what the song is about.. But LA is obviously Donalds city..

ITS THE CITY! ITS THE CITY!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its the City! Any city anyone is from is their city.. PHX is my city.. Its your city.. All bustas are not welcome, too much pride in this city.. Thats what the song is about.. But LA is obviously Donalds city..

You're not even from Phoenix... :D

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

You put it like that, and now it makes sense! :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consolation prize: they don't win it on our court.

Idiot Lakers could have put all the pressure on this team, and they choked in game 4.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consolation prize: they don't win it on our court.

Idiot Lakers could have put all the pressure on this team, and they choked in game 4.

Sadly, the Lakers still arent playing their best basketball. The media is fawning over their "toughness" and "hustle", but I think they still look like it is a November game in MIL.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, the Lakers still arent playing their best basketball. The media is fawning over their "toughness" and "hustle", but I think they still look like it is a November game in MIL.

I don't think they could have had a better 1st Q.

I'm surprised a team coached by PJ is so Jeckyl/Hyde. This team is all over the map on both ends of the floor. Has to be frustrating as a fan.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Is Turiaf hurt?

Why did Chris Mihm get twice as much PT as Ronny?

I get the feeling that Phil is actually stumped and doesn't know what the answer to beating Boston is. Usually a coach like Phil can figure out what is needed and lack of execution by the players is the main concern, but I am not sure that PJ has full confidence in his strategy this series.

All I know is the Lakers didn't look overly impressive in any of their three home games, save a couple of first quarters. That kind of effort will not get it done on the road in Boston. They need to pace their energy throughout the entire game. They've looked like sprinters in a marathon.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Turiaf hurt?

Why did Chris Mihm get twice as much PT as Ronny?

I get the feeling that Phil is actually stumped and doesn't know what the answer to beating Boston is. Usually a coach like Phil can figure out what is needed and lack of execution by the players is the main concern, but I am not sure that PJ has full confidence in his strategy this series.

All I know is the Lakers didn't look overly impressive in any of their three home games, save a couple of first quarters. That kind of effort will not get it done on the road in Boston. They need to pace their energy throughout the entire game. They've looked like sprinters in a marathon.

I think Phil was just giving Mihm a little burn and to see what he could do.

I think Phil has the Celts figured out; the players just arent playing their part. Listen to PJ's pre, during and post-game comments. He knows what they must do to win.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Phil was just giving Mihm a little burn and to see what he could do.

I think Phil has the Celts figured out; the players just arent playing their part. Listen to PJ's pre, during and post-game comments. He knows what they must do to win.

I didn't think Mihm did a bad job out there either.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, WTF was posey doing reaching out and tapping Kobe on the leg when he dunked off the steal late? That guy is part idiot...I forgot he was the dude that checked one of the Bulls at like midcourt and got ejected. His fouling after the whistle is pretty blatant too.

Too bad we are soft..someone (Dacos?) needs to drop him on his ass.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Too bad we are soft..someone (Dacos?) needs to drop him on his ass.
That would seem to be a good job for Turiaf, he's about the least soft guy the Lakers have. If you're only going to give him one minute of PT anyway, might as well get your money's worth...

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers arrived in BOS, but the Celtics are stuck in LA with mechanical issues.

Ray Allen's status is unknown due to his daughter's medical emergency.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers arrived in BOS, but the Celtics are stuck in LA with mechanical issues.

Come on stars...align, align.

Ray Allen's status is unknown due to his daughter's medical emergency.

It's diabetes...very sad. I think she got diagnosed on Father's Day. He didn't even stick around for media...just took off immediately.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Come on stars...align, align.

It's diabetes...very sad. I think she got diagnosed on Father's Day. He didn't even stick around for media...just took off immediately.

Wow.. as much as I hate the Celtics, I'm really sorry to hear that. I do hope his daughter is ok.

Right now, I'm just going one game at a time, all that matters is that if they can finally figure out a way to win in Boston tomorrow, it's an even series. It's not impossible, it's just not likely. I seriously underestimated how good the Boston Celtics really are. Still, I expect LA to fight hard on Tuesday, and I give them a descent chance to push a 7th game. We'll see how it goes, GO LAKERS! :thumbup:

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Simmons said:
(Speaking of Denzel, does anyone else think he should have dressed up like Papa Shuttlesworth for Game 5 just to mess with Ray's head? He could have worn a fake afro, the red and black Nike outfit and the electronic tracking bracelet on his right sneaker, then sat between Chasey Lain and Jill Kelly. You can't tell me Allen wouldn't have been a little freaked out.)

:lmao:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard