That’s Why You Fire Kliff

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the title of the thread should be changed to, that’s why you never hire Kliff.

After 3 games, I’d rather have McDaniel from the dolphins over KK.

KK is the worst coach in the league. Does anybody think he’ll ever get another NFL HC job once the Cardinals fire him?
My prediction: he will get a TV job and suck at that too. Eventually he will be the OC at a small college program.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill has always had a hard-on for hosting a Super Bowl with the Cards playing in it.

Being a bottom 5 team in a Glendale year combined with likely being out of the SB rotation for at least another 10+ years (if not forever, State Farm already almost 20 years old) isn't sitting well. Some suggesting may be his last chance. Heads will roll if things stay this bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill has always had a hard-on for hosting a Super Bowl with the Cards playing in it.

Being a bottom 5 team in a Glendale year combined with likely being out of the SB rotation for at least another 10+ years (if not forever, State Farm already almost 20 years old) isn't sitting well. Some suggesting may be his last chance. Heads will roll if things stay this bad.
Mikey probably should have thought of that when he decided to buy a plane instead of players that could at least replace the talent we lost in FA, if not make the talent better considering we were a dumpster fire at the end of the year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
“There is an arrogance to their scheme on both sides of the ball,” said one scout who has watched the Cardinals closely but is not permitted to speak about them by his employer. “It’s like they just say, ‘We’re going to do what we planned to do, no matter what.’ But it’s not working.”
“Never underestimate how close Keim is with that owner,” said one NFL GM, not at liberty to comment on other organizations. “It’s like he’s part of the family. Does wonders for your job security.”

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“There is an arrogance to their scheme on both sides of the ball,” said one scout who has watched the Cardinals closely but is not permitted to speak about them by his employer. “It’s like they just say, ‘We’re going to do what we planned to do, no matter what.’ But it’s not working.”
“Never underestimate how close Keim is with that owner,” said one NFL GM, not at liberty to comment on other organizations. “It’s like he’s part of the family. Does wonders for your job security.”
:mad:

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
The only thing I don't get is, if Kliff's scheme is so predictable and his play calling as bad as mentioned, how on earth could we look so good for the first half of the last season? I mean shouldn't that be kind of embarassing for the rest of the league?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mikey probably should have thought of that when he decided to buy a plane instead of players that could at least replace the talent we lost in FA, if not make the talent better considering we were a dumpster fire at the end of the year.
No one will EVER convince me that MB buying a plane has literally ANYTHING to do with why we suck nads this year.

In fact, I would argue those types of perks make players more likely to sign with a team, versus, like, you know, making the playre pay for gatorade in the locker room, like the days of yore. Its a lazy argument.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
yeah the plane is a tax dodge/status symbol likely leveraged out. That has nothing to do with spending money on the team. The roster blunders were Keim drunkenly thinking he had a capable roster, he wasn’t handcuffed at all financially.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
yeah the plane is a tax dodge/status symbol likely leveraged out. That has nothing to do with spending money on the team. The roster blunders were Keim drunkenly thinking he had a capable roster, he wasn’t handcuffed at all financially.
To clarify the money wasn’t an issue. Obviously the Cardinals have to operate like all the other family-owned teams in the NFL but there’s a dozen or more of them so not a huge issue.

Issue is the abhorrent roster and incompetent coaching staff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's simple.

If you can't change owners, you change GMs and hope the owner gets lucky with his choice.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Never forget that Keim does more than just pick the players and coaches. He’s basically the fixer/hatchet man for the entire Bidwill family. So if there’s bodies that dude knows where they’re buried.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's simple.

If you can't change owners, you change GMs and hope the owner gets lucky with his choice.
What if the owner is only going to hire from within/yes men? No serious owner would keep a proven failure like Keim around.

Kind of a bad situation!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one will EVER convince me that MB buying a plane has literally ANYTHING to do with why we suck nads this year.

In fact, I would argue those types of perks make players more likely to sign with a team, versus, like, you know, making the playre pay for gatorade in the locker room, like the days of yore. Its a lazy argument.
Relax. It’s a joke. I’ve been very clear many times that the reality is he could have spent money on both plane and FAs. But he doesn’t want to spend on the team with the big boys in Order to consistently play at their level.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Who here has any doubt that Keim's replacement will eventually be Adrian Wilson? Sigh.
I think if Vegas was putting a line on this it would be even money or 1-2 odds. I also feel the only way Keim leaves the GM position is by his own volition.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr