Thanks Veterans (and families of vets)

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Sitting here today in our nation's capital with my wife and 3 kids and thinking about how great it is to be home with them for a while. Over the past 2 years I have been off on a special assignment but it has finally come to an end and now I get to enjoy some "down time" back at home.

There are a lot of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines whom aren't so lucky... right now they are "on point" carrying our colors into harms way and defending freedom, democracy, and basic human decency across the globe.

And for all of those of you who stood the watch before us, I cannot thank you enough. You guys and gals paved the way for us to have the greatest military in the world. Thank you.

And for those whom sent sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters into the fray and never got them back, thank you.... we, whom are here today, can never repay the sacrifices you have given.

Everyone take care and have a great memorial day!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Thank you---all of you---who have sacrificed everything---to keep us free. RIP Pat Tillman---you gave it all.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Thank for your service as well as the thanks.

My family has served for five generations.. grandfather in ww2, dad in korea,...me in Nicaragua.... several years back my son wanted to enlist and I was pretty adamant with him that our family had paid enough...some lose their lives, some lose body parts, and yet others lose parts of their humanity. Everyone who sees combat leaves some part of themselves behind.
As every man in my family my son has grown to be his own man and make his own decisions. So regardless of my former misgivings and anger at his desires it is with great pride and profound respect that I fly out to Great Lakes RTC this Thursday so I can be present for his graduation from boot camp. Another generation serves.
I remember when I served, every new assignment, every duty station, every training exercise, each was an adventure that I was excited to undertake. I remember those things and I am excited that my oldest son will get to feel that same anticipation and sense of adventure. But as a father who has seen perhaps a little too much my excitement on his behalf is tempered with experience, and honestly...a deep sense of terror, lol. If there were any chance the military would allow a fat broken old soldier to don BDU's and stand guard over his sleep I would serve yet again. Instead....I will remain here and keep safe that which he fights for.. his mate, and the child they are expecting next Christmas...my first ever grand baby....I cannot protect my boy anymore,... but I can protect and provide for those which he loves.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Lieutenant--------it is we who thank you. I have watched your posts for a number of years now, and I am deeply appreciative of your duty and service to our country, and your unselfishness with giving while we receive the benefits. On this memorial weekend, when we honor those who were not able to return, I want to acknowledge those who give over and over as well. You, Sir, fit that mold------and therefore deserve our special thanks. God bless you Lieutenant and all who serve with you.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:thumbup:

The older generation really appreciates those sacrifices all you Vets have done to protect the greatest country on earth, wish I could same of most young adults of today.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thanks, but lets remember the fallen today.

Guys like SSG Wesley Williams from 1st Battalion, 38th Infantry Regiment (ROCK OF THE MARNE!). He passed away on 10 December, 2012 in Panjwai District, Kandahar Province. Or another fallen comrade of mine, SGT David Chambers who passed away on 16 January, 2013. Both were great leaders, NCOs, and great Americans.

Losing Soldiers from my Battalion was the single lowest point in my Army career so far and I think about them and their families often. I hope the rest of America can take the time today to remember those who have fallen in defense of this country and our way of life.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Amen! Freedom is never free. Thanks to all that have served & paid the ultimate price.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Veteran's Day is for all veterans. Memorial Day is for the fallen. For those that paid the ultimate price. Definitely took some time to think about their sacrifice over the weekend - including my grandma's brother and my mom's high school sweetheart.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
In memory of LCDR Larry “Mike” Jordan, a fellow U.S. Navy serviceman during the Vietnam War. Mike was returning to the USS Kitty Hawk from the Philippines when his plane, a KA3B aerial tanker, was purportedly shot down on April 12, 1966. His name is listed on The Vietnam Veterans Memorial, PANEL 6E LINE 106.

Reaction score
Sitting here today in our nation's capital with my wife and 3 kids and thinking about how great it is to be home with them for a while. Over the past 2 years I have been off on a special assignment but it has finally come to an end and now I get to enjoy some "down time" back at home.

There are a lot of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines whom aren't so lucky... right now they are "on point" carrying our colors into harms way and defending freedom, democracy, and basic human decency across the globe.

And for all of those of you who stood the watch before us, I cannot thank you enough. You guys and gals paved the way for us to have the greatest military in the world. Thank you.

And for those whom sent sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters into the fray and never got them back, thank you.... we, whom are here today, can never repay the sacrifices you have given.

Everyone take care and have a great memorial day!

Thank you for your service & thanks to all who has or is serving our country.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard