Thank you Suns

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've missed a hand full of games in the last 30+ years, i've had tickets since 96.

Never been more proud of the work ethic, family atmosphere and tryhardiness (not a word) of the Team.

Someone needs to keep a camera pointed at the bench all next year, that's my favorite part, the reactions and utter joy they have for each others accomplishments.

We can run the tape back at the ring presentation.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When was the last time the team was this fun to watch? 2007 ?

What a great turnaround. I guess coaching does make a difference.

Credit where it's due to Sarver as well. If you jumped on him for screwing up, give him praise when he gets it right. Jones and Williams have gotten this done, along with finally making a few good draft picks and player aquisitions.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Credit where it's due to Sarver as well. If you jumped on him for screwing up, give him praise when he gets it right. Jones and Williams have gotten this done, along with finally making a few good draft picks and player aquisitions.

2014 before we knew Bledsoe was an overrated loser.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glad someone else mentioned this. I'm so grateful for Monty and JJ. They turned this franchise around in near record time. Ill give Sarver some credit for hiring JJ and allowing him to do his job. Hopefully he continues to do so in the future because the future is bright for this team.

I'm not expecting a ton of postseason success this year but I believe the experience that Booker, Mikal, Ayton, Cam Johnson, and the rest of the team get will be huge going forward.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone said the Suns would be the second seeded team in the West before the season everyone would have laughed since the last time they were in the playoffs was the 2009–10 season.

I adore this team and the way the players care for each other. There is no quit in this team.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cosigned very spectacular season regardless what fate holds in poffs though my mind is thinking of poffs a lot as a fan.... can't imagin what book ayton other players other than paul thinking only cause paul has poff experience

Looking forward to seeing what suns player's management get awards monty or jones or paul should

Have a fun stress free week suns fans will get stressful shortly lol

Let's not forget bong hit of gorrila glue sativa to celebrate fun ride

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This season was truly the first sports season that I finally internalized “enjoy the journey.” My whole life I’ve lived and died sports focused on the end game - championship or bust. It doesn’t mean every season ending in no championship was a waste, but I always viewed the regular season as a means to furthering the quest for a championship first and foremost. Relative playoff success was fun. And even watching exciting regular season basketball was fun - loved Barkley years and SSOL. But this is the first season where I can honestly say I haven’t been solely focused on what we do in the postseason. Maybe that changes again next year with increased expectations. And maybe it was just such a long drought of wins that turned my thinking. But I truly enjoyed this season for what it’s been thus far. Playoffs are now gravy. #•Thank you suns for making pandemic somewhat bearable.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This season was truly the first sports season that I finally internalized “enjoy the journey.” My whole life I’ve lived and died sports focused on the end game - championship or bust. It doesn’t mean every season ending in no championship was a waste, but I always viewed the regular season as a means to furthering the quest for a championship first and foremost. Relative playoff success was fun. And even watching exciting regular season basketball was fun - loved Barkley years and SSOL. But this is the first season where I can honestly say I haven’t been solely focused on what we do in the postseason. Maybe that changes again next year with increased expectations. And maybe it was just such a long drought of wins that turned my thinking. But I truly enjoyed this season for what it’s been thus far. Playoffs are now gravy. #•Thank you suns for making pandemic somewhat bearable.
Those barkley tom chambers team were sooo fun to watch if not for the damn mj bulls i punched hole in my wall lol back when paxson hit that stupud 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread reads like a memorial for a team we all loved... and know is dead.

but I echo all of the above. Between the bubble run and this year, They got me through some of the worst moments of the pandemic and other personal crap with a couple hours every other night to watch this team just play hard and win more often than not.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Those barkley tom chambers team were sooo fun to watch if not for the damn mj bulls i punched hole in my wall lol back when paxson hit that stupud 3
I was in the building....... Just under the basket on the opposite side of the court. I almost rushed the court in anger. I think it currently ranks #6 on the "worst days of my life" list.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Such a worthy thread Chris!! I think most of us struggle to place all of this in some sort of workable context, due to the PTSD from a decade of horrifying losing and overall ineptitude around the management of the team/franchise.

Who knows what the future holds for his team...I'd be lying if I didn't have fears about life after Chris Paul, or about Ayton and whether or not he will become what his god-gifted talent promises, or about Booker maturing to the point where he can be trusted at all times of a game...
I'm trying to keep my expectations for this teams' post-season performance in check. All I know is that, this regular season was some of the most enjoyable and fun NBA I've been granted in a VERY long time!
So yes - THANK YOU PHOENIX SUNS!!!

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I remember I had a major tantrum grabbing every red object and article of clothing in the house and setting it on fire in the backyard... and then getting grounded by parents for the next month haha

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember I had a major tantrum grabbing every red object and article of clothing in the house and setting it on fire in the backyard... and then getting grounded by parents for the next month haha
Haha yea and on the cards s ugh can't say it being a az sports fan is well nerve wracking lol

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol yea i was like 10 than lol... crazy how time flys

Lorenzo

Reaction score
glad the suns are back. they dominated LA and look to be a legit contender to win the west. Dallas aside, which sadly I don't think they will make it much farther, I am hoping for the Suns to be in the finals.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad the suns are back. they dominated LA and look to be a legit contender to win the west. Dallas aside, which sadly I don't think they will make it much farther, I am hoping for the Suns to be in the finals.

I was really hoping for Ayton vs Doncic in the WCF. Great story

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr