Thank You ASFN

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ladies, and Gentlemen,

This site was better than ESPN, and NFLN combined. I have been very busy with a home improvement project, and as my post count shows I have a Arizona Cardinals football problem, and thus it was a little weird not knowing a lot about this draft.

Yes, I did some research but not like year's past.

Yet, this year ASFN was great. No stupid in fighting just hard line discussion and disagreements, not to mention some kind hearted teasing and fun. (Duck and Shane need a sitcom)

Just wanted to say that it was really enjoyable reading this board over the last few days.

And not to mention the board has been dead (as it usually is during the slow parts of the offseason) and it is great to see people back and passionately talking about the draft.

I love the duality of the opinions on this board right now. Some are absolutely angry and disenchanted, and others have never been so hopeful and happy.

I think that is great.

If I could add anything it would be that I think a draft this deep created the kind of parity you see in the NFL. What I mean is the difference between a player in the 2nd round and in the 4th round was very tight. That is why there were some many picks that caused "head scratching" or "hand wringing".

Like to me, drafting Deone Buchanon, in the first was fine. Didn't seem like a reach to me, yet to others he was a 3rd rounder without a doubt.

Yet, a kid like Dion Bailey was projected for the 1st round and wasn't even drafted.

And don't think it is just the Cardinals that are having such discussions. You wanna hear some complaints about where and who got drafted, live in Eagles country whom believe they picked a 4th rounder in the 1st. Not to mention the Giants fans whom think Odell Beckham was a 3rd round pick, I think they are still on the bridge.

The point is, this draft was going to drive the football world nuts, and it did.

Happy to read about it hear. Thanks!

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Completely agreed on all accounts. Very good take on why a lot of people were left scratching their head during this draft. I will admit that I was questioning a few of these picks when they happened, but after doing some research on the players I immediately started to feel a little better.

Reaction score
Ladies, and Gentlemen,

This site was better than ESPN, and NFLN combined. I have been very busy with a home improvement project, and as my post count shows I have a Arizona Cardinals football problem, and thus it was a little weird not knowing a lot about this draft.

Yes, I did some research but not like year's past.

Yet, this year ASFN was great. No stupid in fighting just hard line discussion and disagreements, not to mention some kind hearted teasing and fun. (Duck and Shane need a sitcom)

Just wanted to say that it was really enjoyable reading this board over the last few days.

And not to mention the board has been dead (as it usually is during the slow parts of the offseason) and it is great to see people back and passionately talking about the draft.

I love the duality of the opinions on this board right now. Some are absolutely angry and disenchanted, and others have never been so hopeful and happy.

I think that is great.

If I could add anything it would be that I think a draft this deep created the kind of parity you see in the NFL. What I mean is the difference between a player in the 2nd round and in the 4th round was very tight. That is why there were some many picks that caused "head scratching" or "hand wringing".

Like to me, drafting Deone Buchanon, in the first was fine. Didn't seem like a reach to me, yet to others he was a 3rd rounder without a doubt.

Yet, a kid like Dion Bailey was projected for the 1st round and wasn't even drafted.

And don't think it is just the Cardinals that are having such discussions. You wanna hear some complaints about where and who got drafted, live in Eagles country whom believe they picked a 4th rounder in the 1st. Not to mention the Giants fans whom think Odell Beckham was a 3rd round pick, I think they are still on the bridge.

The point is, this draft was going to drive the football world nuts, and it did.

Happy to read about it hear. Thanks!

Great post Rugby. I completely agree. Without this board I would be lost.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy this is enjoyable for all of you.

The real thanks needs to go to the unpaid mod volunteers.

We have over 3300 trashed threads due to either spam or bad behavior and our unpaid mods do a great job at keeping this board clean.

seesred

Reaction score
I haven't been very active, but, as always this board and people don't let you down. I thought we did as well as we could in the draft. There will be some winners and losers as usual. Thanks to all for making an old mans days more informed.

GBR

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a great place to be especially on draft days.

So much input and at a rapid pace. I had a blast the last few days.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the forum, positive and negative.

I read it all and learn from all.

Not all is doom and gloom and not all is koolaid.

Our common goal is for the team to be good and enjoy the games.

Go Cardinals!

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm happy this is enjoyable for all of you.

The real thanks needs to go to the unpaid mod volunteers.

We have over 3300 trashed threads due to either spam or bad behavior and our unpaid mods do a great job at keeping this board clean.
I'm only taking responsibility for 300 of those! :D

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Meh... Just Kidding(I had to do it one more time). Great post.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even watch any predraft shows over the last couple months and that was hard to do considering how they flood TV with it. I just came here to get info.

Love it. Thanks to all.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I didn't even watch any predraft shows over the last couple months and that was hard to do considering how they flood TV with it. I just came here to get info.

Love it. Thanks to all.

The same, we are a beautiful dysfunctional family that knows football :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Well said rugby. Though I don't agree with everyone hear & vice versa, I'm not sure there's a more knowledgeable message board thru all it's characters around! :thumbup:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great Post Rugby and obviously I agree.

Wish I had your patience when it comes to some of the negative over the top posts but I'm learning from you example.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Well said, Rugby. It was great watching the picks while typing away and reading everybody's thoughts.

What are you doing for a home improvement project?

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Well said, Rugby. It was great watching the picks while typing away and reading everybody's thoughts.

What are you doing for a home improvement project?

I'll post a picture of it in the am.

You must be registered for see images

:D

Sent from my intergalactic transmorgapher

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But the best knowledge is always those smart texans ;)

Exactly, you think Logan Thomas has a -10% chance of becoming accurate and I think he has a 30% percent chance under Tom Moore and once DuckJake let's us know... then we will know by the average of what his true chances really are lol

Last edited: