Territorial Cup 2014

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
Newsflash Skippy - ASU is U of A, two hours away, in a much better area. (not Tucson) It's nice to be able to step off campus and not feel like you're in a third world country!

I'm not one to claim that UA's academics are significantly better than ASU's. Yes, the UA has a larger endowment for research and lower acceptance rate, but comparing either school to Harvard is flat out ridiculous. Having said that, I do have a problem with some of you bashing Tucson.

Tempe (and practically all of Metro Phoenix) is one giant facade in my eyes. The city as a whole lacks the character that gives places a certain charm. A lot of that probably has to do with the lack of history in those countless subdivisions. Nevertheless, a lot of people (including myself) have no interest in living in such a white-washed giant suburb with perfectly manicured grass lawns and a complete disregard for the environment.

I'd rather ride a bike through Tucson than drive through what appears to be an endless line of gyms, mega-churches, and chain stores. I'd rather live where the heat island effect doesn't cause me to sweat at midnight during the summer. I would take Tucson's soul with all of its bumps and bruises over any part of Metro Phoenix.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to claim that UA's academics are significantly better than ASU's. Yes, the UA has a larger endowment for research and lower acceptance rank, but comparing either school to Harvard is flat out ridiculous. Having said that, I do have a problem with some of you bashing Tucson.

Tempe (and practically all of Metro Phoenix) is one giant facade in my eyes. The city as a whole lacks the character that gives places a certain charm. A lot of that probably has to do with the lack of history in those countless subdivisions. Nevertheless, a lot of people (including myself) have no interest in living in such a white-washed giant suburb with perfectly manicured grass lawns and a complete disregard for the environment.

I'd rather ride a bike through Tucson than drive through what appears to be an endless line of gyms, mega-churches, and chain stores. I'd rather live where the heat island effect doesn't cause me to sweat at midnight during the summer. I would take Tucson's soul with all of its bumps and bruises over any part of Metro Phoenix.

Sure, but El Salvador has even more "soul" than Tucson. I'm sure you would love it if you moved there.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Tucson is a nice city, not as many entertainment or as varied career options as Phoenix for sure. But the Tucson is a dump thing is largely a myth propagated by ASU fans either with blinders on (many, many parts of Tempe are pretty dirty and ghetto) or those just looking to talk meaningless smack.

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
Sure, but El Salvador has even more "soul" than Tucson. I'm sure you would love it if you moved there.

It's interesting how poorly you read.

I compared Tucson with Metro Phoenix. Furthermore, a city's soul is not the only factor that goes into me appreciating a place; therefore, no, I would not love moving to the country of El Salvador.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm not one to claim that UA's academics are significantly better than ASU's. Yes, the UA has a larger endowment for research and lower acceptance rate, but comparing either school to Harvard is flat out ridiculous. Having said that, I do have a problem with some of you bashing Tucson.

I'm really not sure it's an appropriate comparison between Tucson and the Phoenix Metro area. Tucson has a population of a million? Metro Phoenix is now over 5 million... It kinda seems like apples and oranges to me.
I will say that my alltime favorite Mexican restaurant is in Tucson - La Poca Cosa!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting how poorly you read.

I compared Tucson with Metro Phoenix. Furthermore, a city's soul is not the only factor that goes into me appreciating a place; therefore, no, I would not love moving to the country of El Salvador.

It's interesting how tightly wound up you au guys are.

You should be basking in glory right now, with Devils fans not worthy of your notice. Instead, you are wasting time on our board pointlessly correcting what you perceive to be a lack of English comprehension.

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
It's interesting how tightly wound up you au guys are.

You should be basking in glory right now, with Devils fans not worthy of your notice. Instead, you are wasting time on our board pointlessly correcting what you perceive to be a lack of English comprehension.

I don't see how responding to smack talk is indicative of being tightly wound.

I certainly am basking in victory; you don't have to worry about that.

Why wouldn't I want to engage in discussions with ASU fans? Otherwise, what's the point of joining a multi-team forum?

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:band:

Relax Everybody!

We don't want them to move this thread to the bitching and moaning section. Probably time to move on.

Kumbaya and such.

:sparky:

:cats:

That's all. :)