Teddy Bridgewater

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
After watching him against Rutgers these are my thoughts about him.

He seams to have a good football IQ. Where to throw and knows where his receivers are. I noticed he was smart about when to run and to not take a hit.

He is very accurate within 25 yards. I think he would do very well in a west coast offense.

He did not seem to be very accurate after 25 yards and to me he only has average arm strength. They said he was 6-3 218. Not great size but okay.

He runs well but he is no RG3 or Andrew Luck. He does seem to be a smart runner though. He also does very well throwing on the run. Something a lot of quarterbacks have trouble with.

I think the guy can be a good West Coast Offense QB because he is smart and is very accurate on short to medium passes. I don't like him for our offense because I don't think he has a strong arm and is not very accurate throwing beyond 25 yards.

Although I think he is pretty good, I don't see why people have him as the number one overall pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That not his best game especially if your seeing him play for the very first time, pretty much the worst game he's played all year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
20 years old with the poise of a vet. His demeanor and maturity reminds me of Russell Wilson. I can't imagine him not being a star QB in 4-5 years...

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
That not his best game especially if your seeing him play for the very first time, pretty much the worst game he's played all year.

That was the first game of his that I have watched, he has a lot going for him but to me he is an average athlete. I will watch another game for sure.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most "experts" agree that he's the best QB who will probably be in the '14 Draft. My problem with discussing him is that there is zero chance he ends up with the Cardinals.

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Most "experts" agree that he's the best QB who will probably be in the '14 Draft. My problem with discussing him is that there is zero chance he ends up with the Cardinals.

I'm going to check out Hundley from UCLA next. I hear good things about him. I watched a game of Miami's QB Stephen Morris. He's a much better athlete than Teddy and has a much bigger arm but he has a lot to learn.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw Johnny is freaking amazing. Wonder if he could win over BA...

It's mindboggling that he isn't overwhelmingly considered, hands down, to be the best QB in the NCAA right now. But if the Cards drafted him, I'd probably have a heart attack on the spot.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

Rutgers is also the best team that Louisville will face this year, at least until their bowl game.

Coincidence? :shrug:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rutgers is also the best team that Louisville will face this year, at least until their bowl game.

Coincidence? :shrug:

He shredded Florida who had a top 5 defense last year in the sugar bowl winning MVP of his bowl game. He looked flawless in that game

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's mindboggling that he isn't overwhelmingly considered, hands down, to be the best QB in the NCAA right now. But if the Cards drafted him, I'd probably have a heart attack on the spot.

He's accurate all over the field, goes thru his progressions and throws receivers open... If he shows responsibility in his pre-draft interviews he'll be a 1st rounder. He just needs to lose that 1 off-balanced bomb toss every game.

Not really sure what his measurements are compared to Russell Wilson.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If your talking about Johnny Manziel he is still my top QB this year.

If all come out, they'll all be top 5 picks. Not likely to be us.

Jax, Clev., NYG, Oak. all are headed to top 5 picks.

Bridgewater, Manziel and Mariota will all be long gone.

From NFP:

*There might not be the kind of feeding frenzy for an Oregon game this season as existed at Louisville on Thursday night, when roughly two dozen NFL scouts descended on Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium to eyeball firsthand standout Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. But before the scouts anoint Bridgewater as the top quarterback prospect in the 2014 draft, and perhaps the No. 1 player overall, a lot of talent evaluators want the same kind of chance to scrutinize Oregon’s Marcus Mariota. Bridgewater was “very, very solid,” according to one of the area scouts who attended Thursday night’s victory over Rutgers. But according to the scout, who was reached by NFP at the airport before he boarded a mid-morning flight to go see a Saturday game, the Cardinals’ star “didn’t close the deal, not that I expected him to.” Playing without his top receiver, the injured Davante Parker, Bridgewater threw for 310 yards, his accuracy and velocity were reportedly good, and he demonstrated good pocket presence. But Mariota has created some buzz of late, as has UCLA’s Brett Hundley, and it’s “way, way too early,” the scout said, to declare that a player “is the No. 1 anything right now.”

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was underwhelmed - which only means that, instead of letting him enjoy "most favorite nation" status, we should continue to explore other QB. options with more vigor.