Teddy Bridgewater with 20th Pick

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If they draft Logan Thomas , it wont be with pick 20 , it would be a later rnd. development pick .

Like I said, I wouldn't waste any pick on this guy. The only way I would bring him onto my team is as a FA...I think he's that bad!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
There are no quarterbacks in this draft worth a first round pick IMO.

If teams in much worse quarterback shape than the Cardinals are passing on this crop of quarterbacks, you have to ask yourself why? And why do the Cardinals bypass a position player who will contribute in 2014 for a quarterback prospect who carries a clipboard all year?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There are no quarterbacks in this draft worth a first round pick IMO.

If teams in much worse quarterback shape than the Cardinals are passing on this crop of quarterbacks, you have to ask yourself why? And why do the Cardinals bypass a position player who will contribute in 2014 for a quarterback prospect who carries a clipboard all year?

I aint saying we will or even should pick a QB....but if the staff sees a guy and thinks he is "The One" for our future....to not pick him is foolish....so he sits a year,...or maybe even two,....so what? Next year or the year after the team may not be in position to draft a QB who can be "The One"...so you take him now....a QB who will solidify that position for the next ten years is light years more important to the team in the long ran than a LB who will play 30-40 snaps a game, or a WR/RB/TE who may only play 10-15...

The draft is not just about THIS season,....but all of the seasons yet to come. Steve Young sat behind Montana....Rodgers sat a couple years behind Favre...Rivers sat behind Brees...

Personally, I don't really see a guy here that we just "have to have"...but if the staff does see that guy then I am cool with them drafting him where ever they need to.....there are still FA's out there to fill holes with and will be more after June 1st and as training camp progresses.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If teams in much worse quarterback shape than the Cardinals are passing on this crop of quarterbacks, you have to ask yourself why?

Really ?

There is a reason those teams are picking before the Cardinals, so they aren't really the teams you want to base your draft strategies after.

When it comes to Bridgewater it is a matter of what you believe a QB should be.

Funny, I am being hypocritical in this situation since I am an obvious fan of Bridgewater, but my argument for him goes against one of my opinions of QB's.

So many people tout Joe Montana as the best QB ever, even tho Montana didn't have a great arm, wasn't a big man, and didn't have the physical skills. While Marino had prototypical to the point of perfect, pocket passer skills.

Yet, Montana is usually put ahead of Marino because Montana won and got the job done.

Hate to say it, but Bridgewater's strengths are in line with Joe Montana, yet he is slammed in the press because he is not the Dan Marino type physically.

...............I will never get QB evaluation, it always seems like a convenient truth in one way or another.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Really ?

There is a reason those teams are picking before the Cardinals, so they aren't really the teams you want to base your draft strategies after.

When it comes to Bridgewater it is a matter of what you believe a QB should be.

Funny, I am being hypocritical in this situation since I am an obvious fan of Bridgewater, but my argument for him goes against one of my opinions of QB's.

So many people tout Joe Montana as the best QB ever, even tho Montana didn't have a great arm, wasn't a big man, and didn't have the physical skills. While Marino had prototypical to the point of perfect, pocket passer skills.

Yet, Montana is usually put ahead of Marino because Montana won and got the job done.

Hate to say it, but Bridgewater's strengths are in line with Joe Montana, yet he is slammed in the press because he is not the Dan Marino type physically.

...............I will never get QB evaluation, it always seems like a convenient truth in one way or another.

I have to disagree with your comparison....not just because I am a Montana fan,lol....but the facts oppose it....

The more pressure the situation put on Montana, the better he got...the man could not be rattled.

Bridgewaters pro day and private workouts have proven beyond doubt that when the pressure is focused on him....he folds.

IMO TB is going to be one of those guys who is awesome during the regular season but chokes it up in the playoffs....McNabb-esque

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
His pro day and private workouts so far would seem to belay this statement....when all eyes are on him to step up, so far it appears Teddy flops.

Ask Florida and Miami how rattled TB was during the bowl games.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bull****.The kid sure doesn`t get rattled in the games so saying he was rattled at a workout is pure BS.

Well, then you explain what everyone saw.

If it wasn't nerves, then he certainly can't throw on the run and his arm strength is certainly not top notch.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well, then you explain what everyone saw.

If it wasn't nerves, then he certainly can't throw on the run and his arm strength is certainly not top notch.

Some people say that it was because Bridgewater was throwing without a glove when he'd played with a glove through his entire career.

Some people say that he hadn't had a chance to settle back on campus and had flown in from IMG's facility in Tampa(?) that morning, so he was rushing everything.

IMO, maybe Bridgewater isn't a Top 5 pick, but it's difficult to say that after his college production and career that he's not still a first-round pick. I'd be fine with him being drafted by the Cards.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some people say that it was because Bridgewater was throwing without a glove when he'd played with a glove through his entire career.

Some people say that he hadn't had a chance to settle back on campus and had flown in from IMG's facility in Tampa(?) that morning, so he was rushing everything.

IMO, maybe Bridgewater isn't a Top 5 pick, but it's difficult to say that after his college production and career that he's not still a first-round pick. I'd be fine with him being drafted by the Cards.

Agreed.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I have watched most of Bridgewater`s games in the 3 years at Louisville he was the QB.Basing a opinion on a single workout is beyond stupid.3 years of improving every year and being cool under pressure ( the O-line has been average at best,decent running attack) and being a tough kid who will do well in the NFL.With all the misdirection and misinformation floating around from teams GMs being parroted by the talking heads or blogging wannabe`s is about as truthful as a room full of lawyers or car salesmen.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have watched most of Bridgewater`s games in the 3 years at Louisville he was the QB.Basing a opinion on a single workout is beyond stupid.3 years of improving every year and being cool under pressure ( the O-line has been average at best,decent running attack) and being a tough kid who will do well in the NFL.With all the misdirection and misinformation floating around from teams GMs being parroted by the talking heads or blogging wannabe`s is about as truthful as a room full of lawyers or car salesmen.

We'll know on draft day, but - it has the feel of how Geno was treated last year.

(and they were right about, Geno)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort