Teddy Bridgewater with 20th Pick

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
If Teddy Bridgewater falls do we take him with the 20th pick. He may not be an elite franchise quarterback, but he's definite starting material in NFL. I don't think we can afford to pass him up. This is an opportunity to get our future starter and we all know what happens to a team that doesn't have a legitimate NFL starting QB.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
can Teddy see over our O-Line?? smallest dude is 6'3" right?.....

IMO a QB is not a huge issue....Palmer has several more years in his tank yet....we have time to fine "THE" guy

of course,...if for some reason the staff feels TB is that guy...I am okay with that too....but I really don't see them picking him in the first if he is there.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If Bridgewater fell to #20 overall, it'd be difficult not to think that he'd be the best player available by some margin. I'm not sure the prospect(s) that would also be available at that point that I'd consider as good or better.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Highly unlikely he falls that far. Someone would also likely trade up before the 20th pick as well. Clevland may do exactely that. Take one of the OT's at #4. Then trade up for a QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Highly unlikely he falls that far. Someone would also likely trade up before the 20th pick as well. Clevland may do exactely that. Take one of the OT's at #4. Then trade up for a QB.

Why would they take an OT? They have the best one in the game locked up for the long term.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridgewater struggling in private workouts

Unfortunately for Bridgewater, those private workouts haven’t gone any better than his Pro Day. According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Bridgewater’s workouts for NFL teams have been very shaky.

The general sense seems to be that Bridgewater is sliding on draft boards. However, all it takes is one team to love Bridgewater, and he’ll still be a high first-round pick.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK. I have never been 100% sold on this kid. But, I have to admit, at #20 he would be damn hard to not take. I would love to see how the Cards have this QB class ranked. It is one of the most difficult to get a good read on IMO. You know some of these guys will be really good, but it seems impossible for any kind of consensus as to who that will be right now though.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Why would they take an OT? They have the best one in the game locked up for the long term.

They may not. I really don't know what they'll target. I just think that Robinson and Mathews would mtl be the highest rated prospects available reguardless of position. It would give them the best OT tandem in the league, maybe by a wide margin, imo.

The other point is they could target the QB with the #26 pick or trade up and aquire one of the falling QB's. Maybe trade with AZ., maybe they move ahead of us.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They may not. I really don't know what they'll target. I just think that Robinson and Mathews would mtl be the highest rated prospects available reguardless of position. It would give them the best OT tandem in the league, maybe by a wide margin, imo.

The other point is they could target the QB with the #26 pick or trade up and aquire one of the falling QB's. Maybe trade with AZ., maybe they move ahead of us.

I dunno. They already have two of the 8 or 10 best OL in the NFL, and that doesn't do very much to help their offense--it certainly didn't help the last QB they took in the 20s. What does having the best OT tandem in the NFL do for you? What has it done for the Minnesota Vikings?

I think that if a quarterback the Browns like isn't there at #4, they're as like as not to trade down than to take one of the tackles (which they clearly don't need) or Watkins or Mack.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
If a QB that went into the season as the consensus #1 QB and came out of the season as the same is there @ #20 and you pass on him because of something that happened at an off season workout, you're insane.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I am torn on this topic. I think is a really good question where we will not now the correct answer for several years.

I would definitely pick Bortles and Manziel ahead, but there is little to no chance of either of them being here. I would pass on Bridgewater, I think it is close but I do not see him being an elite quarterback. I am not looking for a middle-of-the-pack starter, therefore I pass. Specifically I am worried about his physical size (seems very skinny to me). I think while he is accurate and strong in his short to mid-range throws, his deep passes are not the same. I think that is a key selling point to the Arians offense.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am torn on this topic. I think is a really good question where we will not now the correct answer for several years.

I would definitely pick Bortles and Manziel ahead, but there is little to no chance of either of them being here. I would pass on Bridgewater, I think it is close but I do not see him being an elite quarterback. I am not looking for a middle-of-the-pack starter, therefore I pass. Specifically I am worried about his physical size (seems very skinny to me). I think while he is accurate and strong in his short to mid-range throws, his deep passes are not the same. I think that is a key selling point to the Arians offense.

:yeahthat:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a QB that went into the season as the consensus #1 QB and came out of the season as the same is there @ #20 and you pass on him because of something that happened at an off season workout, you're insane.

Yessir

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the bridge is there at 20 you take it, same with Bortles or Johnny, no brainer. I doubt that many folks will pass up on them though so...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This draft is deep in QBs who could be more than backups... I say if we do not draft one in the first and someone like Mettenberger, Carr, Garoppolo and yes even AJ McCarron is there in the second you pull the trigger. Murray and even Smith have to be kept in mind in the second or third. I know the whole BA 'you draft them, you start them' philosophy but the true benefits of a pick are seldom the rookie year... you plug holes with free agency and draft for the future :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Bridge is not the deep throwing 'chunk' yards type of QB that Arians seems to prefer.

And how many "real deep" chunk passes did the Cards throw last year.I am talking 50-60 yard passes and not RAC plays.If Cards just wanted a super arm QB then why didn`t they sign Derek Anderson instead of Stanton?People are overthinking and nitpicking now.Bridgewater can play and play well.His arm is good not great.He is tough,confident and doesn`t get rattled.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And how many "real deep" chunk passes did the Cards throw last year.I am talking 50-60 yard passes and not RAC plays.If Cards just wanted a super arm QB then why didn`t they sign Derek Anderson instead of Stanton?People are overthinking and nitpicking now.Bridgewater can play and play well.His arm is good not great.He is tough,confident and doesn`t get rattled.
not many because of protection issues. It has been said publicly by the team on many occasions that they had to back off of it because there was not enough time in the pocket.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

His pro day and private workouts so far would seem to belay this statement....when all eyes are on him to step up, so far it appears Teddy flops.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ok ... He's your guy, but I doubt he's BASK's.

And he was certainly rattled at his Pro Day.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BA seems to favor big tall QB's with big arms (P.Manning -- Big Ben -- A Luck -- C Palmer) are the ones he has coached . Perhaps some can see SK forcing a different stature of QB on BA , but I don't . I believe BA made that trip to VT because their QB is big and tall with a big arm .

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I believe BA made that trip to VT because their QB is big and tall with a big arm .

If they draft that kid it's a waste of a draft pick! He's terrrrrrible!!! Inaccurate as hell...John Skelton part deux!!!

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they draft that kid it's a waste of a draft pick! He's terrrrrrible!!! Inaccurate as hell...John Skelton part deux!!!

If they draft Logan Thomas , it wont be with pick 20 , it would be a later rnd. development pick . I do wonder who is willing to step forward and guarantee all these other QB's they want to take at 20 in lite of what draft history has shown us ??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard