Super Bowl LVI: Bengals vs Rams (Game Day Thread)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was there no media day this year? I don’t remember hearing or seeing anything about that like the past.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
for such a smart guy, and you are smart, you are bring simplistic. I acknowledge that part of this is about the NFC West rivalry and laughing about any perceived weakness that your opponent has. Let me break it down for you, in case you are being sincere and not trolling me,
1. Old time fans, like myself, had no control over what a grasping, grifting ex-showgirl Georgia Frontierre did by first moving the team to Anaheim and then to St Louis. The Bidwells are no great shakes either, btw The LA fanbase was crushed with her BS. My one game I attended in 1973 in the LA Coliseum was PACKED. Then she moved to Anaheim. You might look at the map and say that Anaheim isn't that far away from LA, but it mattered at the time for a lot of fans. Then the Raiders moved into the LA Coliseum.
2. The Rams never won a Super Bowl in LA....yet, but the damn Raiders did. That stole a whole generation of fans because Al Davis violated the Rams franchise by moving into the Coliseum and the NFL caved to him.
3. Promise of a free stadium in St Louis and entrance into country clubs and society for the Showgirl, was the real basis of the "Bitch" owner in the movie Major League. That was our dear ex-owner.
4. Stan moved the team back and built this palace of a stadium that we have to share with the Renters from San Diego. Meanwhile, there was no home football team in LA for more than 20 years. It's been six years since the team moved back and a lot of scumbag investors bought season tickets to resell to enemy fanbases. Regular fans have trouble affording gas, let alone $2500 for a single ticket. THATS why scumbag rich Niner fans invaded during the NFCCG. Also, there are transplant from all over the country who are fans of other teams. Winning the first of several Super Bowls is the only way we steal the younger generation back from the damn Raiders.
5. Rebuilding a decimated fanbase is no easy task.

If you wanna keep up with the charade about our fanbase not caring about the team, do so knowing that we both know that's a crock of excrement.
I bought a ticket to Cardinals at Rams two days before the game for $80. There were still plenty of seats available.

I just don't think Angelenos will every really care about the Rams unless they are winning big.

As far as the fan base is concerned...there isn't much of one. I'd argue the Cardinals have a larger one in a city 1/3 the size of LA. Granted, it took many years to get to where they are at

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Someone in DTLA got the drone show rehearsal

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Okay... literally none of that changes the fact that RIGHT NOW the general LA sports world just doesn't care all that much about the Rams.I mean, you LITERALLY just provided all the different reasons WHY no one cares for the most part.

Now, if you win the Super Bowl and claim back some of those Raider fans (never happen) and get bandwaggoners on board, maybe then more people will care. But you're talking about the future, not the present and even some of your thoughts about the future are incredibly dubious... like recapturing Raiders fans and all those who jump on the bandwaggon after a Super Bowl W are just as likely to jump off at the first sign of trouble.

And you say LA fans can't afford to go but rich scumbag in SF can? Dude, LA IS THE SCUMBAG CAPITAL OF THE COUNTRY and is LOADED with just as much if not more rich douchebags than almost anywhere in the country. And you know why they buy astronomical tickets to Lakers game but Rams games? Because it's not the cool spot to be at... why? Because... wait for it... most Angelenos don't really care about the Rams. The idea that SF scumbags could buy those tickets but LA doesn't have those type of fans enough to support the team is flat out stupid. They have plenty of those people... those people just don't have the interest to spend the money on the Rams.

And none of what I've said is from the perspective of some guy who just sees a lot of red on the TV screen when they played the Niners. i live in LA. I live, eat and sleep sports. I work in an industry overflowing with Rich Scumbags. I went to the Cards Rams playoff game and was stunned at the lack of intensity from the crowd. I listen to 570/710. This is the second Super Bowl in 4 years and I've yet to see ANY Rams memoribilia around town. Or people wearing Rams jerseys around. Come playoff time in Laker land, that stuff is EVERYWHERE. Hell, the Valley just experienced it last year when the Suns made their run and everyone was rocking Purple and Orange and there were pop-ups selling stuff on street corners.

Almost every single one of my friends is either from LA or the OC. And out of around 20 of them who are die-hard sports fans, you know how many even care about the Rams? 2. That is it and @Ouchie-Z-Clown can back that up.

The only crock here is a defensive fan who can't separate his team's success from a fanbase that is near non-existent compared to the other big boys in the city. Your fans may be passionate. There's just not a lot of them in the city. At least not ones who really care.

why you're taking that so personal is beyond me.
I have seen one Rams fan all week. One. He was a semi-homeless looking dude in Long Beach. One. Freaking embarrassing. Not a damn bit of excitement.

The Dodgers have their colors around when they are in the world series too.

In my apartment complex, I know a Rams fan. One. I know probably eight Raiders fans. As much as people make fun of the Chargers, I actually know more Chargers fans here than Rams fans.

And I agree, I was in Phoenix during the playoff run and there was tons of Suns gear. Los Angeles is just a BAAAAD football market.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
James Palmer@JamesPalmerTV·20s
The #bengals will be heading to Sofi in a few hours for their team picture. Strangely, they’ve had fewer bus rides this week than the #rams. They’ve walked to practice everyday from their hotel. Zac Taylor told me he couldn’t have been happier with the set up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson