Super Bowl LVI: Bengals vs Rams (Game Day Thread)

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Dude... your fans didn’t even show up to the NFC Title game. Even if you win the Super Bowl (which I’m guessing they will) your mouth is writing checks your fans can’t cash. How much you want to bet any kind of Rams title parade of will be miniscule compared to a legit Lakers parade?

It’s okay to just say our team is great, our fans... not so much.
for such a smart guy, and you are smart, you are bring simplistic. I acknowledge that part of this is about the NFC West rivalry and laughing about any perceived weakness that your opponent has. Let me break it down for you, in case you are being sincere and not trolling me,
1. Old time fans, like myself, had no control over what a grasping, grifting ex-showgirl Georgia Frontierre did by first moving the team to Anaheim and then to St Louis. The Bidwells are no great shakes either, btw The LA fanbase was crushed with her BS. My one game I attended in 1973 in the LA Coliseum was PACKED. Then she moved to Anaheim. You might look at the map and say that Anaheim isn't that far away from LA, but it mattered at the time for a lot of fans. Then the Raiders moved into the LA Coliseum.
2. The Rams never won a Super Bowl in LA....yet, but the damn Raiders did. That stole a whole generation of fans because Al Davis violated the Rams franchise by moving into the Coliseum and the NFL caved to him.
3. Promise of a free stadium in St Louis and entrance into country clubs and society for the Showgirl, was the real basis of the "Bitch" owner in the movie Major League. That was our dear ex-owner.
4. Stan moved the team back and built this palace of a stadium that we have to share with the Renters from San Diego. Meanwhile, there was no home football team in LA for more than 20 years. It's been six years since the team moved back and a lot of scumbag investors bought season tickets to resell to enemy fanbases. Regular fans have trouble affording gas, let alone $2500 for a single ticket. THATS why scumbag rich Niner fans invaded during the NFCCG. Also, there are transplant from all over the country who are fans of other teams. Winning the first of several Super Bowls is the only way we steal the younger generation back from the damn Raiders.
5. Rebuilding a decimated fanbase is no easy task.

If you wanna keep up with the charade about our fanbase not caring about the team, do so knowing that we both know that's a crock of excrement.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for such a smart guy, and you are smart, you are bring simplistic. I acknowledge that part of this is about the NFC West rivalry and laughing about any perceived weakness that your opponent has. Let me break it down for you, in case you are being sincere and not trolling me,
1. Old time fans, like myself, had no control over what a grasping, grifting ex-showgirl Georgia Frontierre did by first moving the team to Anaheim and then to St Louis. The Bidwells are no great shakes either, btw The LA fanbase was crushed with her BS. My one game I attended in 1973 in the LA Coliseum was PACKED. Then she moved to Anaheim. You might look at the map and say that Anaheim isn't that far away from LA, but it mattered at the time for a lot of fans. Then the Raiders moved into the LA Coliseum.
2. The Rams never won a Super Bowl in LA....yet, but the damn Raiders did. That stole a whole generation of fans because Al Davis violated the Rams franchise by moving into the Coliseum and the NFL caved to him.
3. Promise of a free stadium in St Louis and entrance into country clubs and society for the Showgirl, was the real basis of the "Bitch" owner in the movie Major League. That was our dear ex-owner.
4. Stan moved the team back and built this palace of a stadium that we have to share with the Renters from San Diego. Meanwhile, there was no home football team in LA for more than 20 years. It's been six years since the team moved back and a lot of scumbag investors bought season tickets to resell to enemy fanbases. Regular fans have trouble affording gas, let alone $2500 for a single ticket. THATS why scumbag rich Niner fans invaded during the NFCCG. Also, there are transplant from all over the country who are fans of other teams. Winning the first of several Super Bowls is the only way we steal the younger generation back from the damn Raiders.

If you wanna keep up with the charade about our fanbase not caring about the team, do so knowing that we both know that's a crock of excrement.
Okay... literally none of that changes the fact that RIGHT NOW the general LA sports world just doesn't care all that much about the Rams.I mean, you LITERALLY just provided all the different reasons WHY no one cares for the most part.

Now, if you win the Super Bowl and claim back some of those Raider fans (never happen) and get bandwaggoners on board, maybe then more people will care. But you're talking about the future, not the present and even some of your thoughts about the future are incredibly dubious... like recapturing Raiders fans and all those who jump on the bandwaggon after a Super Bowl W are just as likely to jump off at the first sign of trouble.

And you say LA fans can't afford to go but rich scumbag in SF can? Dude, LA IS THE SCUMBAG CAPITAL OF THE COUNTRY and is LOADED with just as much if not more rich douchebags than almost anywhere in the country. And you know why they buy astronomical tickets to Lakers game but Rams games? Because it's not the cool spot to be at... why? Because... wait for it... most Angelenos don't really care about the Rams. The idea that SF scumbags could buy those tickets but LA doesn't have those type of fans enough to support the team is flat out stupid. They have plenty of those people... those people just don't have the interest to spend the money on the Rams.

And none of what I've said is from the perspective of some guy who just sees a lot of red on the TV screen when they played the Niners. i live in LA. I live, eat and sleep sports. I work in an industry overflowing with Rich Scumbags. I went to the Cards Rams playoff game and was stunned at the lack of intensity from the crowd. I listen to 570/710. This is the second Super Bowl in 4 years and I've yet to see ANY Rams memoribilia around town. Or people wearing Rams jerseys around. Come playoff time in Laker land, that stuff is EVERYWHERE. Hell, the Valley just experienced it last year when the Suns made their run and everyone was rocking Purple and Orange and there were pop-ups selling stuff on street corners.

Almost every single one of my friends is either from LA or the OC. And out of around 20 of them who are die-hard sports fans, you know how many even care about the Rams? 2. That is it and @Ouchie-Z-Clown can back that up.

The only crock here is a defensive fan who can't separate his team's success from a fanbase that is near non-existent compared to the other big boys in the city. Your fans may be passionate. There's just not a lot of them in the city. At least not ones who really care.

why you're taking that so personal is beyond me.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Lol, you just listed all the reasons your fan base sucks and then say they don’t suck. Great post.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay... literally none of that changes the fact that RIGHT NOW the general LA sports world just doesn't care all that much about the Rams.I mean, you LITERALLY just provided all the different reasons WHY no one cares for the most part.

Now, if you win the Super Bowl and claim back some of those Raider fans (never happen) and get bandwaggoners on board, maybe then more people will care. But you're talking about the future, not the present and even some of your thoughts about the future are incredibly dubious... like recapturing Raiders fans and all those who jump on the bandwaggon after a Super Bowl W are just as likely to jump off at the first sign of trouble.

And you say LA fans can't afford to go but rich scumbag in SF can? Dude, LA IS THE SCUMBAG CAPITAL OF THE COUNTRY and is LOADED with just as much if not more rich douchebags than almost anywhere in the country. And you know why they buy astronomical tickets to Lakers game but Rams games? Because it's not the cool spot to be at... why? Because... wait for it... most Angelenos don't really care about the Rams. The idea that SF scumbags could buy those tickets but LA doesn't have those type of fans enough to support the team is flat out stupid. They have plenty of those people... those people just don't have the interest to spend the money on the Rams.

And none of what I've said is from the perspective of some guy who just sees a lot of red on the TV screen when they played the Niners. i live in LA. I live, eat and sleep sports. I work in an industry overflowing with Rich Scumbags. I went to the Cards Rams playoff game and was stunned at the lack of intensity from the crowd. I listen to 570/710. This is the second Super Bowl in 4 years and I've yet to see ANY Rams memoribilia around town. Or people wearing Rams jerseys around. Come playoff time in Laker land, that stuff is EVERYWHERE. Hell, the Valley just experienced it last year when the Suns made their run and everyone was rocking Purple and Orange and there were pop-ups selling stuff on street corners.

Almost every single one of my friends is either from LA or the OC. And out of around 20 of them who are die-hard sports fans, you know how many even care about the Rams? 2. That is it and @Ouchie-Z-Clown can back that up.

The only crock here is a defensive fan who can't separate his team's success from a fanbase that is near non-existent compared to the other big boys in the city. Your fans may be passionate. There's just not a lot of them in the city. At least not ones who really care.

why you're taking that so personal is beyond me.
This is true. We have an enormous network of friends in LA and OC (where cheese and I live, respectively). Two Rams fans. That’s it. Living here for 21 years. Two Rams fans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Anyway, the original put down was that LA fans didn't show up for the pep rally. Fans will be there for the awarding of the Lombardi. Clear as mud?

Yeah. Clear that most Rams fans are glory hunters and only show up in the hope of basking in some reflected glory.

Whereas the Bengals have real fans that show up no matter what.

Clear on that.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. Clear that most Rams fans are glory hunters and only show up in the hope of basking in some reflected glory.

Whereas the Bengals have real fans that show up no matter what.

Clear on that.
Ala the reason why I'm pulling for them with all I have. Plus no one irritates me more than the Rams at this juncture. Them winning would be a hot poker through Cardinal fans eyes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ala the reason why I'm pulling for them with all I have. Plus no one irritates me more than the Rams at this juncture. Them winning would be a hot poker through Cardinal fans eyes.

Sadly I can't see anything past the Ram's D line dominating the Bengals O line. Especially on the right hand side. I expect a tonne of Donald next to Miller over the RT, RG and Burrow running for his life.

That doesn't mean it's a sure thing. We saw the Bengals beat the Titans in a similar fashion, but I'd have to say the Ram's are strong favorites simply due to that one area.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true. We have an enormous network of friends in LA and OC (where cheese and I live, respectively). Two Rams fans. That’s it. Living here for 21 years. Two Rams fans.
I mean... think about this... out of our entire crew of sports fans, between you, me and @daves , Cardinals fans OUTNUMBER Rams fans living in OC and LA.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I mean... think about this... out of our entire crew of sports fans, between you, me and @daves , Cardinals fans OUTNUMBER Rams fans living in OC and LA.
I've lived in Los Angeles since 1993 and I have never met a Cardinals fan here outside of an NFL stadium. I grew up in Phoenix and have many many friends still there. Not a single Cardinal fan among them. Sure, some of them "root" for the Cardinals, but they are not actual fans.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've lived in Los Angeles since 1993 and I have never met a Cardinals fan here outside of an NFL stadium. I grew up in Phoenix and have many many friends still there. Not a single Cardinal fan among them. Sure, some of them "root" for the Cardinals, but they are not actual fans.
That’s what makes it so crazy that I know three of us in 21 years over a wiiiiiiiiide net of passionate sports fans and only 2 Rams fans.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A fan base pissing contest between Cardinals and Rams fans. Two of the smallest fan bases in the league. Hilarious.

As long as we're measuring things, the Rams have been gone and non-existent in LA for almost 30 years. They were literally the worst team in the league from '90 until the move to St Lou in '95.
Tack on Fisher's final 4 win season in '16 and the Rams have been back in LA for six years. Winning every year since '17.

Six years. Yeah i remember the Cardinals fan base here after six years in '94. I went to the games. Uhhh...embarrassing. It's debatable but seeing as i've been here the whole time i'd say it didn't really change until the new building in '06 and the Super Bowl a few years later. The Cardinals have established something. I still go to the games(Rams games) and watch other Cards gm's on tv. It's a sea of red nowadays. It took almost 20 years in the valley to entrench itself. That's a fact.

Cards fans calling out Rams fans after just 6 years in LA is pure gold. It'll take some time for LA to come around no doubt, they kind of stink right now, but the Rams already have the new building and have already established a winning culture, something the Cards failed to do for so long here. I doubt it'll take quite as long in LA.

This Rams are "all in, push the chips forward, super team" stuff you hear everywhere is also funny. It's a lack of paying attention and just parroting each other. Win or lose this Sunday the Rams aren't going away in the NFC anytime soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson