Suns vs Spurs 10-31-14

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can see that Len has talent. It's just a matter of him putting it together consistently. I can pretty much guarantee that you'll see more double doubles. He's too big and moves extremely well for his size.

I'm more worried about him having a non injury-prone career than I am about him being a solid player.

Agreed.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares.

He's a hater.

He hates this team with a passion.

They don't fit his flawed belief system.

Show some respect. Elindholm has a right to his opinion. He is definitely a Suns supporter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's the second game of the season.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Show some respect. Elindholm has a right to his opinion. He is definitely a Suns supporter.

I'll show respect when he does. That won't happen.

Besides, I'm really just giving my OPINION on his attitude.

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm so excited to see IT more. IMO he gets game ball. He kept the Suns in the game when both Bledsoe and Dragic were bricking away.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's the second game of the season.
Our backup Center (hopefully, Center of the future) and starting Power Forward combined for 30 points & 22 boards.

Our third Point Guard, for the second night in a row, led the team in scoring and, in this second game of the season, had the most assists and carried the 4th quarter.

'Pretty good sign for the second game of the season! Let's enjoy it. And hope for more. :thumbup::thumbup:

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
The best thing about Len's game tonight was his "lack of rookie mistakes" - He looked like a veteran out there for the most part (especially down the stretch), being in the right position defensively and not committing any dumb fouls. That type of thing (BB IQ, being in the right position) isn't really "fluky", so that should continue ...

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
And just like I said before the season started, the 3 PG lineup would destroy teams as long as either Len/Plumlee remain the center to protect the paint. We saw that night - The defense was fine even w/ 3 little guys because of the rim protection.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our backup Center (hopefully, Center of the future) and starting Power Forward combined for 30 points & 22 boards.

Our third Point Guard, for the second night in a row, led the team in scoring and, in this second game of the season, had the most assists and carried the 4th quarter.

'Pretty good sign for the second game of the season! Let's enjoy it. And hope for more. :thumbup::thumbup:

I agree. Let's enjoy it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if anything negative i want to point out, it is toliver. hopefully PJ will move toliver to the bench for good.

what a game by Len.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I cannot believe the Suns won that one. Crappy three-point shooting, Dragic and Bledsoe having atrocious games, and they still found a way to win. IT, Len, and Keiff were incredible.

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
if anything negative i want to point out, it is toliver. hopefully PJ will move toliver to the bench for good.

what a game by Len.

Posts like this drive me crazy.

You have no idea if Tolliver will be functional. He's been hurt.

His history is reasonable. Give him some time until you burn him at the stake.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, the only real negative of this game was Tolliver. He was putrid.

Also nice to see Markieff play like a big boy inside rather than camping out at 3 all game.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I know why the Suns keep playing catchup on their own court.

It is those ridiculous wuss t-shirts they're wearing. They look like a JV team.

A JV team that just took out the World Champions!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

what a game by Len.

Either Tucker starts and Marcus gets all of Tolliver's minutes OR Marcus continues to start but Tucker gets all of Tolliver's minutes.

I don't think we'll see much Tolliver once Tucker comes back.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
IT could potentially make Bled expendable if he keeps up his offensive tear through out this season. Although he's a defensive liability, he makes up in offensive prowess.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IT could potentially make Bled expendable if he keeps up his offensive tear through out this season. Although he's a defensive liability, he makes up in offensive prowess.

Bledsoe is the best defender on the team.....nobody on our teams makes him expendable. Even if he blows on the offensive end, he gives us a huge lift defensively and rebounding wise.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You have to be kidding? Why in the world would he make Bledsoe (or Goran) expendable. That's like saying that Love makes Lebron expendable. We are a better team because of our three combo guards, I don't see us abandoning that anytime soon.

Steve

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
You have to be kidding? Why in the world would he make Bledsoe (or Goran) expendable. That's like saying that Love makes Lebron expendable. We are a better team because of our three combo guards, I don't see us abandoning that anytime soon.

Steve

We'll see wont we? They paid IT big bucks to come here thinking possibly Bled wouldnt be. If the Suns have a chance to land a star later in the year, I think its bye bye to Bledsoe in a package. JMO, You dont have to agree.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll see wont we? They paid IT big bucks to come here thinking possibly Bled wouldnt be. If the Suns have a chance to land a star later in the year, I think its bye bye to Bledsoe in a package. JMO, You dont have to agree.

That is really not the case. They paid him 6.5 million a year which in NBA terms is almost a joke. He has one of the best contracts in the league, just compare his stats to all the guards making twice as much as he does. And it was made clear to him at the time he signed that we were going to do everything we could to bring back Bledsoe and that we expected him to return. Also, it's not an opinion. We can't trade Bledsoe "later in the year". I'm not an expert on the salary cap but I don't even think we can trade him at the mid season deadline since we gave him a 5 year contract.

Steve

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I cannot believe the Suns won that one. Crappy three-point shooting, Dragic and Bledsoe having atrocious games, and they still found a way to win. IT, Len, and Keiff were incredible.

The Suns outSpurred the Spurs.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
NativeAZfan said:
They paid IT big bucks to come here thinking possibly Bled wouldnt be.

That is simply not true. They paid him 6.5 million a year which in NBA terms is almost a joke. He has one of the best contracts in the league, just compare his stats to all the guards making twice as much as he does. And it was made clear to him at the time he signed that we were going to do everything we could to bring back Bledsoe and that we expected him to return.

I think if NativeAZfan had said, "They brought IT here thinking possibly Bled wouldn't be", instead of referring to big bucks, it would be closer to the reason the Suns signed IT. It looked like a safety precaution.

If Bledsoe had gotten the offers he wanted from other teams, we wouldn't have evolved into the 3 Point Guard concept. Signing IT would have left us with two excellent Point Guards.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if NativeAZfan had said, "They brought IT here thinking possibly Bled wouldn't be", instead of referring to big bucks, it would be closer to the reason the Suns signed IT. It looked like a safety precaution.

If Bledsoe had gotten the offers he wanted from other teams, we wouldn't have evolved into the 3 Point Guard concept. Signing IT would have left us with two excellent Point Guards.

I disagree. If Bledsoe had those offers, we would have matched and still had some money left over. It's what we expected to happen and IMO the only reason the negotiation took so long was because we didn't get that offer to match against. I really don't think Thomas was an insurance policy. We had our sights set elsewhere and when it became clear we weren't going to get the big names, McDonough pounced on the best of the rest. He just happened to be a point guard. Sure, that's mostly speculation on my part but much of it has been supported by interviews from the front office.

Steve

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an administrative reminder that all opinions are allowed here. Just be civil. Calling out posters rather than opinions isn't how we operate here.

It's going to be a busy season. Share the sandbox.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard