Suns Video sent to Robin Lopez

HooverDam

Reaction score
Wow, is this a joke? It's genuinely difficult to tell.

Agreed. The guy doing the voice over is awful. It sounds like someone trying to imitate a deep voiced VO artist.

I guess they're just trying to appeal to Robins love of comic books or whatever, but Im sure even he's thinking "this is a bit silly for a back up Center"

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The guy doing the voice over is awful. It sounds like someone trying to imitate a deep voiced VO artist.

I guess they're just trying to appeal to Robins love of comic books or whatever, but Im sure even he's thinking "this is a bit silly for a back up Center"

Everyone needs love especially when Robin's brother just got a 61M dollar contract.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if Robin didn't like it, at least Sarver got some pre-roll views out of others watching the video.

Ka-ching.

So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I don't understand why people have a problem with this. They are showing they appreciate him by appealing to his interests. Is it because his interests are comics? It could have been something else just as easily. What if he were a huge reality TV fan and it was a video of him bro'ing it up in Jersey? Better?

I think what we should really take away from this is that all the clips were of him playing defense at the rim. Clearly they have a role in mind for him. I have a feeling that's not quite how he envisions himself. We'll see soon enough.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am for bringing Robin back. I think he is a decent backup big, and he still has potential to develop.

As for the video. The one thing I trust about Babby is his ability to appeal to players. He did not get to be the agent he was without knowing how to do that.

I am not sure how good he is at managing the cap or putting together a winning combo of players on the court, but I am completely convinced he knows how to sell to players.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off....... HERO?!?!?!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I second you guys on the lame voice over.

Just curious ....the few seconds of footage where he actually did something.......how many game tapes did that dude have to sift through to find what little footage of that existed? ;)

HooverDam

Reaction score
I don't understand why people have a problem with this. .

Its because its poorly done and corny. It comes across like it was made by a bunch of out of touch middle aged white men, which, is probably exactly the case. I'm only 4 years older than RoLo, so in his age range, and nothing about this exactly screams 'cool' or whatever.

I mean, it doesn't really matter, its not a big deal. Some silly video isn't likely what brings him back one way or the other. I'd like him back, but if he doesn't return, its not a huge loss either. But thats all aside from it just being kinda corny and lame.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Just curious ....the few seconds of footage where he actually did something.......how many game tapes did that dude have to sift through to find what little footage of that existed? ;)

LOL, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw this. They must have gone through 80 games.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't understand why people have a problem with this. They are showing they appreciate him by appealing to his interests. Is it because his interests are comics? It could have been something else just as easily. What if he were a huge reality TV fan and it was a video of him bro'ing it up in Jersey? Better?

I think what we should really take away from this is that all the clips were of him playing defense at the rim. Clearly they have a role in mind for him. I have a feeling that's not quite how he envisions himself. We'll see soon enough.

I'm with carey. Maybe the video wasn't well done, or whatever, but this was just a small clip of it, this wasn't the whole thing. I also imagine that one of Babby's strengths from dealing with athletes directly for years is that he understands what makes them tick. This, of course, is different for every athlete, but I'd bet Babby has a pretty good pulse on how to read athletes. As cheesy as some of us might think it is, if Robin thought it was cool or came out of that feeling wanted, who cares what we all think of the dudes voice. Robin is a different dude, this much we know for sure.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe the video wasn't well done, or whatever, but this was just a small clip of it, this wasn't the whole thing. I also imagine that one of Babby's strengths from dealing with athletes directly for years is that he understands what makes them tick.

I'm sorry, but building Lopez up as a "hero" is simply laughable. And this is coming from someone who basically likes Lopez. Role-playing backup centers aren't "heroes."

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
We better not give this guy more than a million a year....He stinks, Hes has zero game, he is one of the worst centers in the league...I dont care that 7 footers do not go on trees, i would rather have a tree standing in the post than this clown...he is awful, just awful. I am amazed the video team would even take 10 minutes out of their day to put this video together...we couldnt trade him for a second rounder....He is garbage...there is no if ands or buts about it....He has zero upside and he stinks...I would rather find someone in summer league to fill our roster spot...he blows

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We better not give this guy more than a million a year....He stinks, Hes has zero game, he is one of the worst centers in the league...I dont care that 7 footers do not go on trees, i would rather have a tree standing in the post than this clown...he is awful, just awful. I am amazed the video team would even take 10 minutes out of their day to put this video together...we couldnt trade him for a second rounder....He is garbage...there is no if ands or buts about it....He has zero upside and he stinks...I would rather find someone in summer league to fill our roster spot...he blows

Legit 7 foot centers that can walk and chew gum at the same time get more than $1 million a year. If his brother got a max contract than Robin will likely get at least the MLE from some team.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

There are far worse Centers in this league that will be making much more than Lopez will make with the Suns.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but building Lopez up as a "hero" is simply laughable. And this is coming from someone who basically likes Lopez. Role-playing backup centers aren't "heroes."

It's all about his love of comic books. Seems pretty apparent to me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all about his love of comic books. Seems pretty apparent to me.

Yes but they are correlating that love of heroes and trying to associate his name to that indirectly. That is also abundantly clear.....and still laughable.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a hero!

Sadly, basketball is his kryptonite.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'd imagine noone on Earth views Lopez as a "hero". The point is that if Lopez thought it was cool and left feeling wanted, then the video served its purpose, regardless of what we think of the one minute clip.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd imagine noone on Earth views Lopez as a "hero". The point is that if Lopez thought it was cool and left feeling wanted, then the video served its purpose, regardless of what we think of the one minute clip.

Then why post the video on the team site, where all it will do is invite scorn and derision? Show it to Lopez privately and flatter him that way. Even if he appreciated the thought behind this video, he has to realize how silly and embarrassing it is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson