Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if Damion Lee will return for the playoffs.

Perhaps a two-way player like Udoka Azubuike or Saban Lee will get an opportunity.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nuggets needs to slide on down to the third seed because the Thunder are the only team im worried about come playoff team. Im not worried about the Nugd, Wolves, Clips, or even Mavs.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nuggets needs to slide on down to the thies seed because the Thunder are the only team im worried about come playoff team. Im not worried about the Nugd, Wolves, Clips, or even Mavs.
im not worried about any team - its us i worry about - we can blow the pants off any team but i guess same goes the other way? idk

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
It's been a weird year for the Suns. They had a few games earlier with very good defense, and it's the first time that they played consistently good D for a stretch of 4-5 games. Can we keep that trend into the playoffs? The weakest link in the current 8-man rotation is, #1 Booker's bad trait of losing his man on the perimeter, and Bol defending the 3pt line and generally spacing himself properly on D. And lately we had Nurk pushing the ball handler out before running back to paint after P&R, with success. Not sure how long it'd last in a PO series.
On offense, however, we also have a lot more player movements compared to earlier, and we shall have less of a problem there even with opponents adjustment in a series. When out big-3 maintain their career-avg shooting touches and GA, EG, RO, Bol also keep their avg., I trust our team outperform all but maybe Celtics and Denver on offense.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
im not worried about any team - its us i worry about - we can blow the pants off any team but i guess same goes the other way? idk
there are several teams playing really well right now in the west who should be confident. even some of the play-in teams are looking dangerous. I do wonder about the Clippers being vulnerable if they are not fully healthy. I think that will be Dallas opponent.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
there are several teams playing really well right now in the west who should be confident. even some of the play-in teams are looking dangerous. I do wonder about the Clippers being vulnerable if they are not fully healthy. I think that will be Dallas opponent.
id call denver the fav in the west only because they won it last year but i wouldn't even give them great odds

Lorenzo

Reaction score
i still want the 5th seed
Dallas should have it locked. They are better than all of their remaining opponents save the finale against OKC that could be an irrelevant game if they take care of business. Dallas are on a nice run since their trades. Irving and doncic have developed quite a pairing as well. I hope we see a Dallas phx playoff matchup. I definitely respect the suns and they can beat anyone.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Dallas should have it locked. They are better than all of their remaining opponents save the finale against OKC that could be an irrelevant game if they take care of business. Dallas are on a nice run since their trades. Irving and doncic have developed quite a pairing as well. I hope we see a Dallas phx playoff matchup. I definitely respect the suns and they can beat anyone.
yeah dallas is playing some good basketball right now - game today was crazy!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah dallas is playing some good basketball right now - game today was crazy!
I think Dallas, Golden State, the Lakers, the Clippers, the Nuggets, the Thunder and the TWolves are all playing good basketball right now. But it doesn't matter who we face if we keep folding when facing quick guards or physical play. Not being able to match physicality is our biggest concern IMO. Anyone at all gets a little physical with us and we quickly go from possible contender to obvious pretender.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Dallas, Golden State, the Lakers, the Clippers, the Nuggets, the Thunder and the TWolves are all playing good basketball right now. But it doesn't matter who we face if we keep folding when facing quick guards or physical play. Not being able to match physicality is our biggest concern IMO. Anyone at all gets a little physical with us and we quickly go from possible contender to obvious pretender.
You are absolutely right.. the minute any team plays physical against Booker or Durant, this team folds. Teams know that refs can only call so many fouls, regardless of how many times they foul.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are absolutely right.. the minute any team plays physical against Booker or Durant, this team folds. Teams know that refs can only call so many fouls, regardless of how many times they foul.

Book does fine again physical play so long as he's getting calls. When he's not, that becomes a problem. He shouldn't be bringing the ball up regularly though. He can't do it against physical full court defenders. That's what wears him down. When he's not getting whistles he spends too much time chirping at the officials.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Assuming there is no viable PG talent available, the Suns should look at Zach Edey with their first rounder this year. It seems like he's slotting into the draft right around where the Suns are going to pick and he fits their need for another big body on the interior to spell (and eventually replace) Nurkic.

In reality, if James Joke is still the GM at that point, I know whatever we actually end up doing with this pick is going to be a waste... likely another useless positionless wing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard