Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This year Washington and Memphis have swap rights with us... obviously a swap there is extremely unlikely, we'd have to miss the playoffs and win the lotto.

In 2025 Brooklyn owns our pick.

In 2026 the Grizz, Wiz and Magic all have swap rights, we will pick behind all of them, they can each swap sequentially with Washington having first dibs.

2027 Brooklyn owns the pick.

2028 Brooklyn and Washington own swap rights, Nets have first dibs.

2029 Brooklyn owns the pick.

2030 Washington and Memphis have swap rights.

We can't tank for a long long time, it won't help us in the slightest.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They have swap rights this year, 2026, 2028 and 2030. You can't say where we'll be or the Wizards that far down the line. Plus even if we win the lottery, our pick is gone. So it's vital we make the playoffs each of those years, as well as the others since Brooklyn owns those picks. We really have no desirable draft capital. Some of those later picks have 3 teams with the ability to swap so we end up with crap regardless.

Tell me it wouldn't be on brand for Arizona sports to end up winning the draft lottery in a year where someone else can swap their pick with ours also. I don't care how small the odds of us winning are. Even moving up isn't likely to benefit us.
Um we are taking about THIS year.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
March 30, 2024, Last day of NBA regular season. It's almost here!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This year Washington and Memphis have swap rights with us... obviously a swap there is extremely unlikely, we'd have to miss the playoffs and win the lotto.

In 2025 Brooklyn owns our pick.

In 2026 the Grizz, Wiz and Magic all have swap rights, we will pick behind all of them, they can each swap sequentially with Washington having first dibs.

2027 Brooklyn owns the pick.

2028 Brooklyn and Washington own swap rights, Nets have first dibs.

2029 Brooklyn owns the pick.

2030 Washington and Memphis have swap rights.

We can't tank for a long long time, it won't help us in the slightest.
Nope, which is why we have to trade Durant and maybe Booker for more picks and hope for the best, or we wait till 2026 clear our roster out and pray for some reason we can sign free agents.

Anyway you cut it the next few years look very bleak to me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope, which is why we have to trade Durant and maybe Booker for more picks and hope for the best, or we wait till 2026 clear our roster out and pray for some reason we can sign free agents.

Anyway you cut it the next few years look very bleak to me.

If we trade them both we will be sending a few years worth of top 5 picks out as we crater.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we trade them both we will be sending a few years worth of top 5 picks out as we crater.
Oh well. It’s called sunk cost.

I am interested in turning the team around as fast as possible to where it has a legit chance to compete.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At this point I am down for anything I guess. We went all in.. I doubt we can get much back.. lets just burn it all down.

Hell with such a crappy pick we have.. I would be down to take Lebron here with a promise to draft his son.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overall, just ugh, the teams that needed to lose all have won lately.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to say, even with the disappointment, Bradley Beal is by far my favorite Suns interview. The guy doesn't give out canned answers you get from, say, Devin Booker.

I agree on enjoying Beal's takes but I feel the jab at Booker is unwarranted. Booker speaks for himself and doesn't point fingers. Beal speaks more as a leader who holds himself accountable as one.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nurk not playing the 4th, you would think that within the last 3-5 minutes of a game, the game would slow down which should be tailored towards KD's and Nurks game. And this would be the time to work iso and have Nurk's game come into play as a passer, screener, and rebounder. I think we just trade all of that to remove him and his defensive deficiencies from the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard