Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to get too worked up about the 15th man.

There are no players even close to being a difference maker out there for us.
Why is it awful? He's not very good, but neither are 99% of 2 way players. He actually is better than David Roddy from what I have seen of him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is it awful? He's not very good, but neither are 99% of 2 way players. He actually is better than David Roddy from what I have seen of him.

That is basically where I am.

There was no one out there that would have seen anything but garbage time. If the guys in the locker room missed Ish, then bring him in, let him pal around and lighten the mood for a few months.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Because he's almost 30. At least other Two-Way guys are in their early 20's and there's hope for improvement. Ish is who he is, which isn't very good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he's almost 30. At least other Two-Way guys are in their early 20's and there's hope for improvement. Ish is who he is, which isn't very good.
You realize this is just for the last 20 games of this season.

Next year we get a g-league team. I would expect younger dudes then.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yup. Wearing that stat as some kind of badge of honor is a weird choice considering what… the last decade of NBA basketball favoring 3s and moving away from the mid game?
Except they both have a TS% north of 61%. If they weren't uber efficient from the midrange it would be bad (look at someone like DeRozen for example). The ability to hit the midrange shot also has a lot of value in the postseason when the game slows down quite a bit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except they both have a TS% north of 61%. If they weren't uber efficient from the midrange it would be bad (look at someone like DeRozen for example). The ability to hit the midrange shot also has a lot of value in the postseason when the game slows down quite a bit.

Yeah… that midrange game has been a real boon for this team getting humiliated to end their last two seasons.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You realize this is just for the last 20 games of this season.

Next year we get a g-league team. I would expect younger dudes then.

Last 20 games or not, Ish doesn't provide anything we need or don't have. He's hit his ceiling already and isn't what this team needs. The team needs a mobile big, ideally one that can stretch the floor, and/or a playmaking PG that can shoot from outside. Ish is neither of those. I'd rather Maledon was retained.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just absolute head scratchers that still have me wondering...

Why all those Thad minutes in the Rockets game...
Why all those Roddy minutes in the Okc game...

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Why not more minutes to Bol Bol.
Why not more minutes to Saban Lee (when we get trapped and have no movement on offense).
Why subbing in JO when we need to score. He's great in certain lineups but when we get nothing from outside (Allen, EG, KD) and it's just the Booker show and sometimes Nurk hits the broad side of the barn, then put in Bol Bol, Royce O'Neale, or Saban Lee.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah… that midrange game has been a real boon for this team getting humiliated to end their last two seasons.
I mean defense has probably been our main problem. That and not having much outside of those two. Their mid range scoring hasn't been the problem..

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Good thing we retained Kevin Young to design our offense. He is an offensive guru, supposedly.

Before anyone blames Vogel, who does deserve some of the blame as head coach, this is the same offense as last year when Kevin Young was the lead offensive assistant. Our offense is offensive all right.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure what this is about but we'll know Thursday....

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Not sure what this is about but we'll know Thursday....

Hopefully, Vogel getting fired or Jones resigning...

But realistically, it will be something about the D league team or small potatoes like that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, Vogel getting fired or Jones resigning...

But realistically, it will be something about the D league team or small potatoes like that.
We won't be so lucky. It's going to be a G-League announcement I bet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard